The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any darts fans/players on here?

5 posters

Go down

Any darts fans/players on here? Empty Any darts fans/players on here?

Post by Sacko Sat 26 Sep - 7:46:51

I play darts for my local pub team every Wednesday and regulary travel around watching the PDC darts comps.

Adrian Lewis FTW Cool
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Any darts fans/players on here? Empty Re: Any darts fans/players on here?

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Sep - 8:00:49

oright Sacko .

Yeah i'm into the PDC side of things been to Blackpool last 5 years on bounce had a season ticket for the week the other year . been to a few prem league nights too .
But you already knew this as ive spoke to you about darts before on FF.Net

Can't Wait for double in in Dublin next month
Looking forward to seeing Gary Anderson starting with a double should sort the men from the boys
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Sep - 8:03:48

As for Lewis, Taylor said he'll come of age when he becomes a dad . then the other week he won his first floor torny and hit a 9 darter on the way . lets hope Taylor was right and that's the start of things to come
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sat 26 Sep - 8:09:34

I Play darts and watch it, but i am the worst player you will ever meet.

I remember a few weeks back at my mates house, i told him to move his dog because i am that rubbish, he said nah, you won't hit her....

I did.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Sat 26 Sep - 8:22:45

Nightmare wrote:oright Sacko .

Yeah i'm into the PDC side of things been to Blackpool last 5 years on bounce had a season ticket for the week the other year . been to a few prem league nights too .
But you already knew this as ive spoke to you about darts before on FF.Net

Can't Wait for double in in Dublin next month
Looking forward to seeing Gary Anderson starting with a double should sort the men from the boys

Aye I was in Blackpool this year. I stayed in a B&B directly opposite the Winter Gardens back entrance so I got to meet the majority of the players. I saw Lewis's pregnant when I got a photo with Lewis. Great guy, just hope he starts to show his worth.

You going to Dublin next month?

Shem_Swfc wrote:I Play darts and watch it, but i am the worst player you will ever meet.

I remember a few weeks back at my mates house, i told him to move his dog because i am that rubbish, he said nah, you won't hit her....

I did.

I've played darts for 2 years now and I still have some awful AWFUL days. It's just like any sport, you need to keep practising.

It takes me at least 30 practice throws to get my natural rhythm. If I don't practice before a game and sup a couple of pints I am cack!

I played on Wednesday night and we needed 160 to finish a game. I hit two treble 20's and was tempted to just go for the 3rd and get a 180 even though I would have been bust, but it was a team game so I had to go for double 20 to try and win the game...but I hit a single 1 instead Embarassed

Oh dear, hope the dog is ok!
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 26 Sep - 8:33:32

I'm not going to Dublin mate just watching it all on tv

If you play darts in house and have a lap top this is a smashing bit of kit

http://www.rusys.nl/dartpro/download.html

a score board also tells you check outs and your averages
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Sat 26 Sep - 8:43:49

Yeh I use that prog from time to time. Looking at getting an electronic scorer, but they are a bit pricey!

I'm going to Dublin for 2 nights (Sat & Sun) to watch the semi and final. Should be a good laugh...but it's damn expensive the booze!
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsleytilidie Mon 28 Sep - 5:21:10

Had a nightmare this season?...only won 3 of my matches....the scoring has been well up there......but unfortunately despite getting to the double first almost every game...I have been peppering the wires & not killing?...I know it's the crux of the game...but the harder I try at the moment the harder it gets?
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Mon 28 Sep - 5:28:12

Barnsleytilidie wrote:Had a nightmare this season?...only won 3 of my matches....the scoring has been well up there......but unfortunately despite getting to the double first almost every game...I have been peppering the wires & not killing?...I know it's the crux of the game...but the harder I try at the moment the harder it gets?

I averaged 39 in the teams games on Wednesday...worst darts night of my life No

I know how you feel with brushing the wrong side of the wire. The harder you try the harder it gets IMO.

You have to keep relaxed when throwing...
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 28 Sep - 6:11:58

Are you watching darts now sacko ?
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sacko Mon 28 Sep - 6:16:04

Nightmare wrote:Are you watching darts now sacko ?

Yeah I've been flicking on and off. Love watching King throw when the rolls the dart before he throws it.

I tried doing it a few time and I send the dart all over Laughing
Sacko
Sacko

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 28 Sep - 7:09:46

Nice 9 darter there from king
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hirsti Sat 7 Nov - 5:17:33

Yeah im a big darts fan sacko i play to a decent standard but not in any teams or anything ive been asked but im not that bothered to be honest!!! i always enjoy beating nightmare though (sorry nightmare mate)

go to events been to winter gardens last 5 or 6 years,we also go to the uk open and the odd premier league event also saw van gerwen win the masters against woflie at brid other year

hirsti
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down