The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Strafford Resigns

5 posters

Go down

Lee Strafford Resigns Empty Lee Strafford Resigns

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 18 May - 0:51:23

Not the way I wanted to start posting on here again. I'm gutted by this.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~2054140,00.html
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Lee Strafford Resigns Empty Re: Lee Strafford Resigns

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 18 May - 0:57:51

It seems to be getting worse and worse, unless its some sort of precondition on a new investment, but that article seems to rule that idea out
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 3:04:09

Dagenham Rover wrote:It seems to be getting worse and worse, unless its some sort of precondition on a new investment, but that article seems to rule that idea out

It certainly does, does this mean that Admin is a step nearer.. scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 18 May - 3:12:30

I feel a docking of 10 points coming on
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 18 May - 8:00:27

NIGHTMARE wrote:I feel a docking of 10 points coming on

I don't think so, not yet anyway. The club has been working well with the Co-op Bank, and we're still managing the debt successfully. The general concensus seems to be (and is backed up by some good sources) that Lee has been forced out. So there's clearly been a difference between himself and one or more of the dusty old men inhabiting the boardroom, Hulley, Cooke or Grierson. I'm actually furious at this decision, we're facing League One without a chairman, and without investment. Howard Wilkinson didn't seem to have any clue on Football Heaven tonight about what kind of finances are available for the playing staff, and with Irvine requiring at least 7 or 8 players before August, things are looking very bleak indeed.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 18 May - 8:18:12

He was on radio sheffield a few weeks back and he said some one come to him and said why don't they put the club into admin and wipe the debt of that way and he said no way never on my watch i wonder if thats why he's been pushed
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 8:25:11

NIGHTMARE wrote:He was on radio sheffield a few weeks back and he said some one come to him and said why don't they put the club into admin and wipe the debt of that way and he said no way never on my watch i wonder if thats why he's been pushed

I think you may be right on this one NIGHTMARE, strange decision though Wilkinson is not a Chairman and I can only see him interfering with the management of the team and generally getting folks' back up.
Strafford gave what he could and no more , the thanks appears to be his position becoming untenable for no apparent reason. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 9:07:52

To be honest it could be for the best if they did go into admin, get the debt cleared and start again, it must be like having a millstone round your neck, i just can;t see who will invest in wednesday while they still have all those millions owing, its a bit like having a credit card up to its limit and just paying of the minimum payment it will never get any less, if papa smurf had taken them over when he wanted to they would have been in and out of admin by now and would have been in a much better state then they are today, and it pains me to say that.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 9:17:39

yorkie64red wrote:To be honest it could be for the best if they did go into admin, get the debt cleared and start again, it must be like having a millstone round your neck, i just can;t see who will invest in wednesday while they still have all those millions owing, its a bit like having a credit card up to its limit and just paying of the minimum payment it will never get any less, if papa smurf had taken them over when he wanted to they would have been in and out of admin by now and would have been in a much better state then they are today, and it pains me to say that.. Rolling Eyes

True the Smurf has proven that it doesn't help you to be honest, that's always been his creed. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 18 May - 9:18:52

Fat Del Boy Said if they went into admin the first thing that would happen is the admin would sell the ground then to rent it back it would cost more per season then what they are paying the coop
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 9:22:54

Then that's not a viable option then if true. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 18 May - 9:26:44

can't see why they would be any different to any other club going into admin, think it was more a way of putting off going into admin as he obviously didn't want to be the chairman that did it..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 18 May - 9:27:37

that could be the reason he's jacked in
he said the club will never go into admin wile he's at the club because its not in the best intrest of SWFC in the long term and it would kill any chance of investment if they could be he;d to ransom over the rent of the ground just like rotherham
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 May - 9:29:09

yorkie64red wrote:can't see why they would be any different to any other club going into admin, think it was more a way of putting off going into admin as he obviously didn't want to be the chairman that did it..

Just NIGHTMARE putting a Dingle slant on it .......when it comes to the subject of the Wendies. Not a hint of bias eh ? Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down