The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Laws you can ____ Off

4 posters

Go down

Mr Laws you can ____ Off Empty Mr Laws you can ____ Off

Post by Shem_Swfc Thu 1 Oct - 8:05:48

After a win on Saturday, with Tudgay going off injured and Leon Clarke scoring in his 1st start of the season, Laws picks him for the injured Tudgay against Palace.

More Purse mistakes follow in the game at Selhurt Park, and luckily Palace can't shoot straight.

Leon Clarke has countless efforts on goal, and like any striker does one in a while, he misses. Every players has an off day, and this day was Clarkes.

At the end of the game, we were fortunate not to lose, but unlicky not to win if you get my meaning.

Instead of critisising Purse for his contless mistakes, he lays onto Leon Clarke, and says he wouldn't have scored if he was playing all night.

Bad dicision. Sodje isn't fit and Varney can't play, so pulling Clarke's confidence down before his 1st start is appauling.

Drop Purse for god sake. Critisise Buxton for being outdone in the last 11 games. Tell Miller he has to start playing or he will be out. If that was Tudgay it wouldn't have happened.

Looks like Laws is one of those people who look to the nearest person to critisize. Leon Clarke.
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Mr Laws you can ____ Off Empty Re: Mr Laws you can ____ Off

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 1 Oct - 10:58:26

Leon is clearly a confidence player, so I agree it's maybe not ideal for Laws to be commenting in such a manner. But I'm sure him and Clarke will have spoken after the game, there's no major issue here for me. On another night, he'd have scored a couple, lets hope that happens sooner rather than later.

You mentioned Purse, so I should add that I thought he was very good last night, and the clean sheet certainly won't have done his confidence any harm.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by superowl3 Mon 5 Oct - 3:12:01

Shem_Swfc wrote:After a win on Saturday, with Tudgay going off injured and Leon Clarke scoring in his 1st start of the season, Laws picks him for the injured Tudgay against Palace.

More Purse mistakes follow in the game at Selhurt Park, and luckily Palace can't shoot straight.

Leon Clarke has countless efforts on goal, and like any striker does one in a while, he misses. Every players has an off day, and this day was Clarkes.

At the end of the game, we were fortunate not to lose, but unlicky not to win if you get my meaning.

Instead of critisising Purse for his contless mistakes, he lays onto Leon Clarke, and says he wouldn't have scored if he was playing all night.

Bad dicision. Sodje isn't fit and Varney can't play, so pulling Clarke's confidence down before his 1st start is appauling.

Drop Purse for god sake. Critisise Buxton for being outdone in the last 11 games. Tell Miller he has to start playing or he will be out. If that was Tudgay it wouldn't have happened.

Looks like Laws is one of those people who look to the nearest person to critisize. Leon Clarke.
you right there about darren purse he is just another bad signing from b laws to go alongside francis jeffers. Evil or Very Mad
superowl3
superowl3
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Mon 5 Oct - 6:56:23

While I take the point about Jeffers and Purse being far from great signings, a dose of reality is required. Brian's record in the transfer market has been described as "hit or miss", and I agree. But can we honestly expect any better with the extremely limited funds at our disposal? Guaranteeing that every signing will be a decent player is very difficult even with a massive transfer budget...it's pretty much impossible with the amounts of money we've been able to spend.

With one of the lowest wage bills in the Championship, Brian Laws has had us consistently punching above our weight in this division, and is doing an excellent job IMO.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 5 Oct - 7:41:05

Dan_the_Owl wrote:While I take the point about Jeffers and Purse being far from great signings, a dose of reality is required. Brian's record in the transfer market has been described as "hit or miss", and I agree. But can we honestly expect any better with the extremely limited funds at our disposal? Guaranteeing that every signing will be a decent player is very difficult even with a massive transfer budget...it's pretty much impossible with the amounts of money we've been able to spend.

With one of the lowest wage bills in the Championship, Brian Laws has had us consistently punching above our weight in this division, and is doing an excellent job IMO.

My heart bleeds for you, try having the budget i.e. a negative one that our manager valiantly has to put up with. Time you and the Blunts found yourself some decent managers. Laughing Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down