The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thorne Summer Fete

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thorne Summer Fete Empty Thorne Summer Fete

Post by yorkie64red Sat 24 Jul - 10:10:50

For anyone in the area over this weekend the Thorne and District Rovers asscociation will be having a stand, the usual Tombola with plenty of good prizes and also a raffle for a signed England wayne rooney shirt, if your in the area please call at the stand or if its Pkt your after seeing try the beer tent Laughing it will b good to say hello..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Thorne Summer Fete Empty Re: Thorne Summer Fete

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 24 Jul - 20:45:02

Unfortunately I'm in sunny Mablethorpe, but hope you have a good couple of days.
I presume you will have a certain url in a prominent location Very Happy
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 25 Jul - 3:41:05

Had a very enjoyable first day, the sun was shining and not a donny white in sight... Smile hopefully tommorow will be just as good.... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 25 Jul - 5:36:24

It was also nice to have our Local MP Caroline Flint visit the stall and win a mini rovers kit, am sure it will be displayed in their car going round London , probably made vix and pkts day when she shook there hands and had a few words.... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Jul - 5:43:50

Spoken to one or two lads by pm on the VSC just to get a feel for their impression to what the TADRA were doing (not checking up ).........they were very impressed.
I have been offered a framed McDaid shirt for a raffle but for club funds (i.e.DRFC) of course for a future event. I have said we will discuss it at the meet on Wednesday.
Well done of course to all of you for your hard work whrether you were at the encampment or in the beer tent. Laughing cheers See you tomorrow.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 25 Jul - 5:52:04

hoolahoop wrote:Spoken to one or two lads by pm on the VSC just to get a feel for their impression to what the TADRA were doing (not checking up ).........they were very impressed.
I have been offered a framed McDaid shirt for a raffle but for club funds (i.e.DRFC) of course for a future event. I have said we will discuss it at the meet on Wednesday.
Well done of course to all of you for your hard work whrether you were at the encampment or in the beer tent. Laughing cheers See you tomorrow.

No problem raffling it for DRFC funds, would we make enough though to make it worthwhile, good that people liked the stand, got to say it did look well with the flags flying.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Jul - 6:26:50

Think it's a great idea but we would have to raise substantial funds in excess of £400 for this player's shirt. I think we could with some advertising combined with a fete or summat. Talk on Wednesday, I have 1/2 other ideas to run past you all.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 25 Jul - 6:39:28

hoolahoop wrote:Think it's a great idea but we would have to raise substantial funds in excess of £400 for this player's shirt. I think we could with some advertising combined with a fete or summat. Talk on Wednesday, I have 1/2 other ideas to run past you all.

I don't think you will get that much £100 tops i would think
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Jul - 7:00:33

You're so negative Pete , I would put a score in mesen. I take it you were joking of course. It doesn't bode well for the Rooney shirt raffle then does it ? That reminds me did I win owt with me fiver on tombola and me fiver for the Rooney shirt ?
I think you're doing the Shirt raffle tomorrow aren't you ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 25 Jul - 7:04:51

hoolahoop wrote:You're so negative Pete , I would put a score in mesen. I take it you were joking of course. It doesn't bode well for the Rooney shirt raffle then does it ? That reminds me did I win owt with me fiver on tombola and me fiver for the Rooney shirt ?
I think you're doing the Shirt raffle tomorrow aren't you ?

Actually i'm not joking onless it is the green NSPCC shirt and no not many takers for the Rooney shirt
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Jul - 7:17:10

pkt_drfc wrote:

Actually i'm not joking onless it is the green NSPCC shirt and no not many takers for the Rooney shirt

I'll find out if it's the green one for you Pete but I'm surprised at the Rooney one.
I'm told that tomorrow should give you a far better flow of traffic and you might do better tomorrow. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 25 Jul - 7:23:47

is it on tomorrow aS WELL

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 25 Jul - 7:25:17

Yep you will see the flags flying from afar
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 25 Jul - 7:27:53

is it on the land were the lake is

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 25 Jul - 7:29:24

The stall is at the side of the kiddies train lines
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 25 Jul - 7:33:35

but were is it going on in thorne

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 25 Jul - 7:37:22

the vicar wrote:but were is it going on in thorne

Oh sorry the park is just over the canal Bridge come on the old road to thorne
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sun 25 Jul - 7:42:28

ok i no it

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 25 Jul - 7:45:40

hoolahoop wrote:

I'll find out if it's the green one for you Pete but I'm surprised at the Rooney one.
I'm told that tomorrow should give you a far better flow of traffic and you might do better tomorrow. Smile

We are going to really push the Rooney shirt tommorow , just been getting the rest of the prizes ready which has taken an hour , Mcdaids won't be the green shirt he wasn't even playing then out with injury , you have won a couple of prizes Steve but its a surprise will tell you tommorow ..the Rooney shirt raffle will be drawn at close of play tommorow.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 25 Jul - 8:10:42

I will give you a £10 tomorrow (£5 for each) thanks. Very Happy
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 25 Jul - 8:15:47

hoolahoop wrote:I will give you a £10 tomorrow (£5 for each) thanks. Very Happy

No probs, c u in the morning... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Jul - 8:45:44

A great weekend that has raised the profile of the group, speacial thanks must go to Pkt and Vix along with Brian who does not use forums for manning the stalls from dawn till dusk well almost that long, without these stalwarts these things would never get of the ground... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 26 Jul - 18:11:02

Yes enjoyed the weekend i would say it was a success cheers Oh and it was good to meet thevicar Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Jul - 18:38:44

pkt_drfc wrote:Yes enjoyed the weekend i would say it was a success cheers Oh and it was good to meet thevicar Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I hope he gave you some spiritual guidance... lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 26 Jul - 20:01:09

Yep by all accounts a great event and I would add my thanks to all those that had the stamina to man the stall over a full 2 days.....WELL DONE. cheers
I look forward to a full account not just of the financial results but of the contacts we have met.
AGAIN WELL DONE TO YOU ALL.
RTWD.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next