The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pay at the Gate

+3
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Pay at the Gate Empty Pay at the Gate

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 7:26:29

Alot of debate on the VSc about increasing gates, so just wondered would having pay on the gate increase the crowds, i'm doubtful myself, surely the majority of people already know if they are going to a certain match or not, i realise that the ground is not easily accessible but tickets can be bought from the ticket office upto the start of the game, doub't it would happen anyway as the Keepmoat seem very reluctant to go down that road, one idea might be to print of a certain amount of tickets and sell them from the programme booths...any other ideas of getting bums on seats apart from the obvious of making it more affordable...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Pay at the Gate Empty Re: Pay at the Gate

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 27 Oct - 7:30:21

Nope not a good idea because they would then have to make it sit where you want if it was pay to get in on turnstyles or even having tickets at programme boothes would cause a problem aswell
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 7:35:21

Like i say Pete, can't see it making a massive difference really , its just one of the arguments that some people come up with, people say it is difficult to get through on the phone but apart from the really big games which are few and far between i have never had any issues , i sometimes wonder if people are just looking for excuses not to go....just glad i have a season ticket..i do think they should be looking at an outlet in the town centre to sell tickets from, maybe the Blue Building as its run by the council...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Oct - 8:11:01

This is a 'red herring' put up constantly by individuals to try to make sense of the falling gates.
They simply look to the past to solve different problems of the present, imo it would not help one iota and would lead to a lack of choice for individuals purchasing a ticket through the turnstile i.e. their choice may be Row T but the ticket given out may well be Row A................cue more not less unhappy fans.
The real answer is an efficient Marketing team to market the club in the DMBC, adjusted realistic pricing policies etc.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 27 Oct - 8:18:46

hoolahoop wrote:This is a 'red herring' put up constantly by individuals to try to make sense of the falling gates.
They simply look to the past to solve different problems of the present, imo it would not help one iota and would lead to a lack of choice for individuals purchasing a ticket through the turnstile i.e. their choice may be Row T but the ticket given out may well be Row A................cue more not less unhappy fans.
The real answer is an efficient Marketing team to market the club in the DMBC, adjusted realistic pricing policies etc.

Well we aren't going to be worried about pricing next season cos Mr Ryans promised to pay for our season tickets, if you cast your minds back..................forever the optimist bounce
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 8:21:47

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Well we aren't going to be worried about pricing next season cos Mr Ryans promised to pay for our season tickets, if you cast your minds back..................forever the optimist bounce

Would be great that...the stayaways would all find a way to get to the ground then on a saturday.... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 27 Oct - 8:25:34

yorkie64red wrote:

Would be great that...the stayaways would all find a way to get to the ground then on a saturday.... Smile

Aye sod it 40 quid a go then see the buggers whinge and I bet the place wouldn't be too far of full most of the time
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 8:28:35

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Aye sod it 40 quid a go then see the buggers whinge and I bet the place wouldn't be too far of full most of the time

If we did go up i honestly think that every home seat in the ground would be sold as season tickets, the ticket office wouldn't have much to do though ... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 27 Oct - 9:51:47

You don't have pay on the day even for games where there's plenty of tickets left? Shocked

Can't begin to imagine our crowds without pay on the gate (ticket office)
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 27 Oct - 11:15:06

In this day and age you should be able to stick your credit card it the turnstyle put in your pin then it print off a slip with your seat details on it

its not hard is it

another thing i would do is close all the roads to the public untill half 5 after each game get coppers directing traffic and run free buses to and from the bus station, charge a set fee on match days for the car parks in the town centre for football fans. To try and make it as easy as possible to get to and from the ground even if they just trial it at first let everyone know about it through radio and internet and see if that makes it any better, then your supporters club would get people in who have parked at the ground after the game keeping warm and spending money, untill the roads around the ground open up again

Then once you have got everyone used to it start charging a quid a man for the bus then it'll pay for itself

if you think about it the club could do things a lot better with help of DMBC

3 park and rides

Park & Ride 1
a new car park and the side of the M18 with on and off slip roads to the M18 with 3000 spaces for home and away fans pay £5 to park car and that gets two people on the bus any others have to pay a quid or 2

Park & Ride 2
Same above but park at the race course for people at that side of the town

Park & Ride 3
Same as the other two but park in town centre or just use the buses at the bus station

if it works it could put a fair few more bums on seats at £28 a time

NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 18:46:18

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:You don't have pay on the day even for games where there's plenty of tickets left? Shocked

Can't begin to imagine our crowds without pay on the gate (ticket office)

You can buy them at the ticket office upto kickoff, seems some people find it very difficult to walk the extra few yards to get the ticket from there though.... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 18:53:20

NIGHTMARE wrote:In this day and age you should be able to stick your credit card it the turnstyle put in your pin then it print off a slip with your seat details on it

its not hard is it

another thing i would do is close all the roads to the public untill half 5 after each game get coppers directing traffic and run free buses to and from the bus station, charge a set fee on match days for the car parks in the town centre for football fans. To try and make it as easy as possible to get to and from the ground even if they just trial it at first let everyone know about it through radio and internet and see if that makes it any better, then your supporters club would get people in who have parked at the ground after the game keeping warm and spending money, untill the roads around the ground open up again

Then once you have got everyone used to it start charging a quid a man for the bus then it'll pay for itself

if you think about it the club could do things a lot better with help of DMBC

3 park and rides

Park & Ride 1
a new car park and the side of the M18 with on and off slip roads to the M18 with 3000 spaces for home and away fans pay £5 to park car and that gets two people on the bus any others have to pay a quid or 2

Park & Ride 2
Same above but park at the race course for people at that side of the town

Park & Ride 3
Same as the other two but park in town centre or just use the buses at the bus station

if it works it could put a fair few more bums on seats at £28 a time

Excellent idea nightmare, a bit like we did at the Vue cinema the other night, terminals could be spread around the borough and possibly sell tickets for other venues like the Dome and Civic theatre...will never happen though...or even do E tickets where you book your seat online and print it off the setup costs for that would be virtually zero and should be able to solve virtually everyones problems of buying a ticket..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Wed 27 Oct - 18:59:18

Couldn't the club allocate a number of seats to pay on the gate? They should be able to work out from their 'puters which seats (or sections) don't regularly sell and allocate a number of tickets to sell in these areas.

You could even set up a small booth prior to the turnstiles to sell tickets (for that section only) to punters as they arrive - this would alleviate any hold-ups at the turnstiles themselves. The same booth could also sell programmes etc as well - not sure if the above would work - but there must be an easier solution to entice the casual/lazy supporter to the ground.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 27 Oct - 19:09:24

We have pay on the day but they have to go to the ticket office to buy a ticket then go to the turnstyle with said ticket were they may have to queue for another few seconds.
The lazy twats want to be able to pay on the turnstyle as Hoola said its a red herring and a load of cobblers.

QPR close the roads round Loftus road and while it would be an idea part of the issue at the KMS is Tesco's wagon's coming in and out, I know talks have been held with Tesco's but they refused to change there schedules by half an hour after match's.

Which is a bone of contention with me as the other season I (kids in the back as well) was in the queue of traffic coming out of the road at the side of the Toad brewery when one of their wagons pulled out of the depot there, tucked his nose in behind me, continued to set his sat nav and went straight into me,
I had seen what was happening honked my horn etc but couldn't go anywhere.
The polish driver claimed he had'nt seen me!!!!!! ffs 10,000 people leaving a stadium queues of traffic everywhere and he don't see the car in front.

Of course I was having a rant at him, Then the nice passing copper threatened to arrest me for a breach of the peace even though I pointed out what the lorry had done, It wasn't till the lady got out of the car behind and pointed out what a twat the lorry driver was forcing his way into the queue setting his sat nav etc that the copper backed off, she had seen exactly what had happened honked her horn etc to try to warn him but he was too intent on he was doing.

And then to top it all the git didn't report it to his firm so there was more grief as I pointed out to them how the hell would I have been able to come up with a name as unpronounceable as his was, including middle name and spell it right, they wouldn't have it and it was only after my insurers got a statement off the lady that got out did they admit anything.

The copper, well apart from threatening to arrest me did absolutely jack all took no details or anything
although I've a feeling its the only reason the polish lad showed me his driving licence was cos of him being there
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 19:11:44

Upwind wrote:Couldn't the club allocate a number of seats to pay on the gate? They should be able to work out from their 'puters which seats (or sections) don't regularly sell and allocate a number of tickets to sell in these areas.

You could even set up a small booth prior to the turnstiles to sell tickets (for that section only) to punters as they arrive - this would alleviate any hold-ups at the turnstiles themselves. The same booth could also sell programmes etc as well - not sure if the above would work - but there must be an easier solution to entice the casual/lazy supporter to the ground.

Some of the ideas people put up are long term ventures, others like you suggest could be done straight away , its not that things can't be done its more that they won't be done possibly down to us not employing the ticket staff, until the day comes when we hopefully will own the ground and all that goes with it i can't see things getting much better, but if i'm honest even if we did ever own the ground i'm not sure we would get any better service...sad really.. Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Oct - 19:16:53

I do wonder if all the problems people seem to have in purchasing tickets is just an excuse for people not to go...and it suits them just fine.. i really hope we do get promoted next year becauce i can see the posts now all from people who can't buy tickets becauce its sold out every game, will serve them right..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 28 Oct - 0:24:40

yorkie64red wrote:I do wonder if all the problems people seem to have in purchasing tickets is just an excuse for people not to go...and it suits them just fine.. i really hope we do get promoted next year becauce i can see the posts now all from people who can't buy tickets becauce its sold out every game, will serve them right..

Yes , yes , yes...........at last somebody finally saying what the real reason is behind these irrational gripes. cheers cheers cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 28 Oct - 0:29:17

hoolahoop wrote:

Yes , yes , yes...........at last somebody finally saying what the real reason is behind these irrational gripes. cheers cheers cheers

Same reason we have all these Leeds fans in thorne, doesen't really matter who they support as they never go to games, Leeds make about as much out of them as we would...bugger all... Smile they support Leeds becauce it is anm excuse not to go, i will never forget the knobheads who had ago at us for not been at Cardiff when Leeds were playing at Home.... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 28 Oct - 0:43:48

Absolutely what a sad set of prize pillocks they were. Laughing
I bet there weren't many of them there on Monday amongst the sub 21,000 crowd at Bellend, lack of respect for them ?........you bet I have.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down