The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Football League show

4 posters

Go down

BBC Football League show  Empty BBC Football League show

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 3 Nov - 9:19:46

PMSL. Couldn't have summed it up better if I tried. Copied from BBC under a video blog from Claridge.

85. At 7:16pm on 30 Oct 2010, Jagermeister Jack wrote:
The Football League Show...

..A program which crams the football with a fanbase of over half a million people into an hour and half of barely digestible nano-spat shorthand where viewers are lucky if they even get the scores, let alone feast their eyes on highlights their retinas have time to transmit to their brain. Fans are forced to secure eyelids to their forehead using hairclips upon the introduction of thier match; blinking literally would halve the coverage – while the format and presenters only add to the dirge.

The show opens with Manish Bhasin inexplicably introducing the program hanging from the studio scaffolding, the cameraman visibly flinching as he recovers from wildly scanning the room to locate the wayward presenter. You can almost feel the lens jockey’s frown from behind his gear, dumbfounded that Manish has scaled a 14 foot wall in order to announce the overture from the rafters instead of behind the desk like any normal anchor.

The fondling of convention doesn’t stop there. Next we are greeted by Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes, a smile literally tattooed on her face, sat ON a desk to let the viewers know how busy she is handling all your pointless grammatical molestations.

She tells us that Dave from Scnuthorpe had a great trip to Plymouth, while everyone except Dave and Lizzie couldn’t give a flying cod. Infact Dave has probably gone to bed which leaves me wondering why Lizzie doesn’t just write an email back in her own time; sparing us the tedium and afford the show more time to spend on, I don’t know : FOOTBALL? instead of wasting air time on this grinwit riffling through her sad inbox.

Back to Manish, a good 15 minutes wasted on vacuity; Pleasant as it is to see him back on the ground again, he is now joined by a man whose face is so inhumanly dull if he stood still outside a village shop people would post letters in it.

Steve Claridge admirably compliments his looks with his voice and personality – a sentence from the thumb-shaped pundit manages to sound less like a human opinion and more like a balloon being slowly deflated in a sink of marmite.

Next we are treated to the spectacle of two extended highlights of games the BBC has pre-empted to be less entertaining than a busker whistling, once again lacking the foresight to identify any of the other classic goal drenched encounters. Ingeniously this leads the viewers to actually look forward to another bloated segment of Lizzie’s tedious collection of monosyllabic junkmail.

Manish and the foot-with-a-face-drawn-on-it discuss the games briefly before viewers are jerked awake by the terrifying fear their life might be flashing before their eyes, before the relief that as they didn’t play that much football it must be the hyperdrive data injection of the rest of the leagues football highlights. The summaries are so short It’s like the Beeb are trying to implant each match subliminally into your brain without you noticing; you think you fell asleep during the show but in the morning you awake and are mysteriously aware Zebroski scored for Torquay United in the 83rd minute.

Insult is added to injury as the BBC suck any hope of these rushed micro-clips providing even an ounce of entertainment by ensuring the voiceover lets you know a team scores before the ball is in the net. Perhaps they should apply this bizarre device to all their programs, announcing Phil is going to lay Peggy out with a bottle of Pernod five seconds before he walks into the Queen Vic during an episode of Eastenders, and running the name of the winning contestant along the bottom of the screen at the start of The Weakest Link.

In an attempt to include everybody the show has entertained nobody, reduced coverage of each viewers club to quantum time in order to appease the solitary league 2 supporter still awake at 2am and read out Ian Bumwit’s text declaring the manager of Bleakport Rangers doesn’t know what he is doing.

The Championship surely deserves more than this? Stop mucking about on the roof Manish, find a co-host whose day job doesn't revolve around impersonating furniture, save the league 1 and 2 stuff for online, and tell Lizzie I have no interest in the contents of her Nokia unless it has longer highlights of the Reading V Burnley game.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

BBC Football League show  Empty Re: BBC Football League show

Post by hoolahoop Wed 3 Nov - 10:00:14

About sums it up for me too, the show should be binned and quickly . It's embarrassingly bad and I'm fooked off with falling asleep and waking up to find I've missed my 25 sec. slot on the show.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 3 Nov - 10:28:44

hoolahoop wrote:About sums it up for me too, the show should be binned and quickly . It's embarrassingly bad and I'm fooked off with falling asleep and waking up to find I've missed my 25 sec. slot on the show.

Me loves Sky plus lol

Seriously it should be called The Football "not in the Premier" League show
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 3 Nov - 10:29:36

Sky + is fantastic...trouble is it doesen't make the show any better... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 3 Nov - 10:54:51

yorkie64red wrote:Sky + is fantastic...trouble is it doesen't make the show any better... Smile

You carry on betting on the Chesterfield results mate and there will be no more Sky + - trust me on that one
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 3 Nov - 10:58:13

VixDRFC wrote:

Me loves Sky plus lol

Seriously it should be called The Football "not in the Premier" League show

Never in the Premier League maybe ? So won't get any time show even!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down