The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pompey away

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pompey away Empty Pompey away

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Nov - 6:06:10

Looking forward to this one....a weekend away hopefully celebrating a win...would be great to see Billy back in the squad playing upfront with Healey although i still think it will be a bit early, at this moment in time i would be happy with a point and thats what i think we will get....1-1 ...now better check where the local wetherspoons are... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Pompey away Empty Re: Pompey away

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 8:21:55

What time are you leaving on your trek to the Deep South Yorkie ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 12 Nov - 8:24:03

hoolahoop wrote:What time are you leaving on your trek to the Deep South Yorkie ?

Tommorow afternoon....looking forward to it, just hope this bloody wind dies down...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 12 Nov - 8:26:55

F**K that i have fixed a sale on top of my car
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 8:28:35

Be careful and don't forget to take some.........Yorkshire tea bags, Pork pies, decent ale oh and your sun cream. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 8:30:21

pkt_drfc wrote:F**K that i have fixed a sale on top of my car

Why are you selling it, you lot going by train now ? scratch scratch scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 12 Nov - 8:39:56

Have a good trip you lot and don't forget the points
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 12 Nov - 8:43:25

hoolahoop wrote:

Why are you selling it, you lot going by train now ? scratch scratch scratch

Come on now Hoola, i know you have had your eye on that Peugout for a while now but Pete won't let it go cheap... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 12 Nov - 8:54:23

yorkie64red wrote:

Come on now Hoola, i know you have had your eye on that Peugout for a while now but Pete won't let it go cheap... Laughing

Well sorry Hoola you can not buy it Laughing Laughing Laughing Might bring it in part ex then again let me think about that swap for a Toyota scratch scratch scratch
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 12 Nov - 8:59:53

pkt_drfc wrote:

Well sorry Hoola you can not buy it Laughing Laughing Laughing Might bring it in part ex then again let me think about that swap for a Toyota scratch scratch scratch

There a lovely car on the move is a Toyota...its just when it comes to stopping... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 9:21:51

Won't worry pete he doesn't drive above 40mph, no wonder you are setting off tomorrow. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 12 Nov - 9:23:11

hoolahoop wrote:Won't worry pete he doesn't drive above 40mph, no wonder you are setting off tomorrow. lol!

Might get there for the kickoff then.... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 12 Nov - 10:08:32

Just don't give the drunk the points...............he will lose them in some back street brothel. affraid affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 1:49:08

Boss Sean O'Driscoll was pleased with the overall performance of his side in yesterday's game at Portsmouth.
After the game, he said: "We're disappointed with both goals that we conceded but I thought the spirit was good. We tried to keep doing the right things which is important when Fratton Park is jumping. This is a fantastic atmosphere and I've been here a few times when you have seen opposition crumble when the home team get into some kind of rhythm. I thought we stood up to it, we were always a threat and we said before, if we could get good possession, we would be okay. Again, you have to defend long throws and free kicks and corners and all of the things that you need to do in the Championship - and I thought we did okay."
"I'm pleased for David Healy, who has come and been a bright spark for us when we have missed Billy - I am pleased all round."
However, his opposite number, Steve Cotterill, was angry about the decision that saw defender Carl Dickinson sent off in the closing minutes of the game. He said: Cotterill said: "It didn't need to get to that point, it was a free-kick (for a foul) on John Utaka just before it. He got his heel clipped as he was going to clip the ball. They nicked the ball and Carl Dickinson, who has run his socks off down that left-hand side, dived in in desperation to get the ball back. He wanted to go and get a winner. I don't think (David) Healy's reaction helped. I've never known Healy to be a fighter. He got brave all of a sudden. Dicko is a competitor. He's a competitive boy but I didn't think there was that much in it really."
O'Driscoll's view of the sending off was: "It was reckless, that's the problem. The boy's a strong tackler and he was committed. There are a lot of good things about his play. Given the nature of the game and the way it was going, they were trying to get back into it because we had scored the third goal. But you can't be reckless on a football pitch anymore. I've had the benefit of seeing it again on the DVD and I'm sure when Steve (Cotterill) sees it, he won't have much argument. We'd have been talking about a lad in hospital with a broken leg if he hadn't jumped out of the way."

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 2:00:32

Steve Cotterill blamed poor defending for Pompey’s 3-2 defeat to Doncaster at Fratton Park.
The Blues boss was unhappy with all three goals as his side lost for the first time at home in the league since August.
Carl Dickinson’s straight red card, bringing a three-match ban, completed a disappointing afternoon for the Blues.
Cotterill insisted Pompey had dominated the bulk of a game where a spirited second-half fightback looked to have yielded at least a point.
James Hayter and James Coppinger gave Doncaster a two-goal advantage at the break before John Utaka set up goals for Joel Ward and David Nugent to make it 2-2.
But with 10 minutes left David Healy was allowed too much space outside the box and fired in Doncaster’s winner to leave Pompey 14th in the Championship.
Cotterill said: “If we want to start climbing the league we’ve got to stop giving away sloppy goals.
“Nearly all the goals we’ve conceded this season have been down to individual errors rather than errors by the whole back four. We’ve got to get that out of our game as quickly as possible.
“But there’s no way we deserved to lose that game. I thought we were terrific in the second half and were the better team by a mile. We went out and pressed the ball in the second half, which we hadn’t done enough in the first.
“We started brightly and were the dominant force, with Greg Halford hitting the bar. We could have been 2-0 up before they scored.
“Then they scored against the run of play and had a little bit of pretty football and got their second.
“After the break we imposed ourselves and when we got it back to 2-2 I felt there was only going to be one winner. At 2-2 we could and should have gone on to win.
“But then we gave away our third sloppy goal of the match. It was so disappointing because we had worked our socks off to get back into the game.
“There is no way Doncaster have left here deserving to win the game. They only had five opportunities all afternoon.”
Cotterill was also unhappy with an unpenalised challenge by Mustapha Dumbuya in the build-up to Doncaster’s second.
He said: “It didn’t look a fair challenge, because Michael Brown had stud marks under his knee.”

Think i was at a different game...what a tit that man is...listen to your own supporters fella... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 15 Nov - 4:33:22

You want to read the dribble he's put on the official Pompey site

What a Face What a Face

We Threw It Away by Mark Storey

Steve Cotterill blamed poor defending for Pompey’s 3-2 defeat to Doncaster at Fratton Park.
The Blues boss was unhappy with all three goals as his side lost for the first time at home in the league since August.

Carl Dickinson’s straight red card, bringing a three-match ban, completed a disappointing afternoon for the Blues.

Cotterill insisted Pompey had dominated the bulk of a game where a spirited second-half fightback looked to have yielded at least a point.

James Hayter and James Coppinger gave Doncaster a two-goal advantage at the break before John Utaka set up goals for Joel Ward and David Nugent to make it 2-2.

But with 10 minutes left David Healy was allowed too much space outside the box and fired in Doncaster’s winner to leave Pompey 14th in the Championship.

Cotterill said: “If we want to start climbing the league we’ve got to stop giving away sloppy goals.

“Nearly all the goals we’ve conceded this season have been down to individual errors rather than errors by the whole back four. We’ve got to get that out of our game as quickly as possible.

“But there’s no way we deserved to lose that game. I thought we were terrific in the second half and were the better team by a mile. We went out and pressed the ball in the second half, which we hadn’t done enough in the first.

“We started brightly and were the dominant force, with Greg Halford hitting the bar. We could have been 2-0 up before they scored.

“Then they scored against the run of play and had a little bit of pretty football and got their second.

“After the break we imposed ourselves and when we got it back to 2-2 I felt there was only going to be one winner. At 2-2 we could and should have gone on to win.

“But then we gave away our third sloppy goal of the match. It was so disappointing because we had worked our socks off to get back into the game.

“There is no way Doncaster have left here deserving to win the game. They only had five opportunities all afternoon.”

Cotterill was also unhappy with an unpenalised challenge by Mustapha Dumbuya in the build-up to Doncaster’s second.

He said: “It didn’t look a fair challenge, because Michael Brown had stud marks under his knee.”
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 4:39:51

The man is an idiot...what more can i say... No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 15 Nov - 4:43:45

As I pointed out last night on the vsc I particularly like

Very Happy
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 15 Nov - 4:44:34

yorkie64red wrote:The man is an idiot...what more can i say... No

Nothing more to say..........he should jog on. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 8:56:31

A nice touch yesterday was when the old service people paraded onto the pitch and the Donny fans burst into song singing a verse of Rule Brittania and were proud of you, this was obviously appreciated by the Veterans some of whom waved back..the minuites silence was held and not a sound could be heard from all sections of the ground...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 9:14:58

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 21:20:37

There equalising goal should not have stood so says Nugent , got to admit when i saw it on the league show i wondered if it came of his arm...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Nugent-admits-to-helping-hand.6625831.jp
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 15 Nov - 21:56:48

Good honesty but would he have said that if pompey actually drew the game or won it ?
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 15 Nov - 21:58:46

pkt_drfc wrote:Good honesty but would he have said that if pompey actually drew the game or won it ?

Doubt it but would have been pissed off if they had drawn or won and then admitted it, fortunatly they didn't and we did.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 15 Nov - 22:11:47

That tackle what got there player sent off taken off the VSC from poster RoversDave.

Pompey away ?iid=1fjyi2&outx=500&quality=70
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next