The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player

+2
Dagenham Rover
yorkie64red
6 posters

Go down

New player Empty New player

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 5:33:11

So whos this new player we are supposed to be signing.... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

New player Empty Re: New player

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 21 Nov - 6:35:43

according to someone on the vsc site theres been 4 league of Ireland players over on trial

apparantly Paul Keegan alan mannus, enda stevens and john russell.

don't know anything about any of them
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 6:47:42

Well we were at the players entrance and someone from Rovers was on there phone saying that Mickey Walker liked this player and that they were hoping to get him signed up soon...not that i was ear wigging or anything... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 21 Nov - 7:04:06

yorkie64red wrote:Well we were at the players entrance and someone from Rovers was on there phone saying that Mickey Walker liked this player and that they were hoping to get him signed up soon...not that i was ear wigging or anything... Very Happy

B**LOCKS i bet you was just about sat on his shoulder not literally of course
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 21 Nov - 7:06:01

pkt_drfc wrote:

B**LOCKS i bet you was just about sat on his shoulder not literally of course

Just in the right place at the right time..... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 22 Nov - 3:30:22

Irish newspaper The Herald has confirmed rumours circulating in Doncaster for the last few days that Rovers are giving trials to three Irish League players.
Bohemians midfielder Paul Keegan has been training at Rovers for the last week in a bid to impress, but there are no indications as to whether his week's stay in Yorkshire will earn him a contract. Keegan said thsi weekend: "The week went well but I've had no indication so far if they want to keep me or not. I hope to find out of the weekend as I don't want to be wasting my time. If they want to offer me something then I can consider it, but if not I'll get back home because we have things to sort out at Bohemians. I think I did okay at Doncaster, I didn't get to play in a game but I did well in training and didn't look out of place. I played in a game for Reading against Fulham behind closed doors but they said I wasn't what they were looking for at the moment. They're looking for someone more physical so that didn't work out."
Rovers have also given trials to Shamrock Rovers goalkeeper Alan Mannus and Sligo Rovers midfielder John Russell. Russell, it has been reported, has been invited back for another week's trails this coming week, and so looks the more likely of the three to be signed by Rovers - if any of them are.
Keegan is said to be a hard-working box-to-box midfielder, whilst Mannus is a Northern Ireland goalkeeper who has played four times for his country. Russell is an irish international at Under-18, 19 and 21 level, and is also a "B" international.

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 22 Nov - 5:19:13

I'd pmsl if we signed a Sligo Rovers player, hope its not the one me and Diane could have bought at a Charity man auction over there a few years back, we spent the money on a South African surfer instead Wink lol! lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 22 Nov - 5:22:07

Would be great if one year Rovers did a pre season tour of Ireland , would deffo be up for that one... drunken
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 22 Nov - 5:26:40

You keep going on about that 1 drunken drunken
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 22 Nov - 5:29:30

pkt_drfc wrote:You keep going on about that 1 drunken drunken

Any excuse to go to the emerald isle...lovely country and lovely people...i might get you to visit Temple bar in Dublin one day, be right up your street door to door pubs and irish music, a cracking night out.. drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 22 Nov - 5:35:55

yorkie64red wrote:

Any excuse to go to the emerald isle...lovely country and lovely people...i might get you to visit Temple bar in Dublin one day, be right up your street door to door pubs and irish music, a cracking night out.. drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken

And you could wear your Dublin and Sligo shirts :lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 22 Nov - 5:37:00

VixDRFC wrote:

And you could wear your Dublin and Sligo shirts :lol!

I could and i would, along with my Donny Rovers one as well...who knows next year maybe... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 22 Nov - 5:38:02

yorkie64red wrote:

Yes guiness is a nice drink also makes you fart alot Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 22 Nov - 5:43:26

pkt_drfc wrote:

Yes guiness is a nice drink also makes you fart alot Laughing Laughing Laughing

You would be stuck they don't sell John Smiths over there....oh and at last a decent avatar... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 22 Nov - 5:54:28

yorkie64red wrote:

You would be stuck they don't sell John Smiths over there....oh and at last a decent avatar... Laughing

Yep i have a better one now you can see it
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Mon 22 Nov - 23:28:28

The problem with "Pre-Season" is that its the Middle of season over here, so fitting in PS Friendlies would be a little difficult.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 23 Nov - 4:06:31

Irish Contingent wrote:The problem with "Pre-Season" is that its the Middle of season over here, so fitting in PS Friendlies would be a little difficult.

Thought Leeds did it for a couple of years on the trot, not sure who they played though...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 23 Nov - 19:18:10

Yes they did, in fact i was on a plane with them Dublin - LBA a few years back. Season in republic started on 5th March and ended 29th Oct this year.

Most league games are played Friday nights ( so Saturday/ Sunday friendlies can be played i suppose ).
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 23 Nov - 20:22:58

Irish Contingent wrote:Yes they did, in fact i was on a plane with them Dublin - LBA a few years back. Season in republic started on 5th March and ended 29th Oct this year.

Most league games are played Friday nights ( so Saturday/ Sunday friendlies can be played i suppose ).

Oh well, one year maybe....and i bet that was a fun journey sharing a plane with that lot... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Tue 23 Nov - 20:34:09

I actually had good Craic with Alan Smith , he was boarding plane with MP3 player plugged in, singing away, that man cannot sing ( and i told him so ), mind half the team agreed with me too.

I think i am right that Wolves ( or was it Hull City )came over here this pre season and played a benefit type game at Galway Utd. So , it is possible to arrange games, as you say maybe one year. Its surprising how many leave this island on Saturdays to go to games in UK, i admit its mostly Celtic, Man Utd, Sunderland, Newcastle, Ipswich and the like that they support, but there are a few over here who "Watch" DRFC. The problem as always is "Return Flights", if anyone does go to KMS from here it always involves a stay over.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Nov - 5:16:29

Irish Contingent wrote:I actually had good Craic with Alan Smith , he was boarding plane with MP3 player plugged in, singing away, that man cannot sing ( and i told him so ), mind half the team agreed with me too.

I think i am right that Wolves ( or was it Hull City )came over here this pre season and played a benefit type game at Galway Utd. So , it is possible to arrange games, as you say maybe one year. Its surprising how many leave this island on Saturdays to go to games in UK, i admit its mostly Celtic, Man Utd, Sunderland, Newcastle, Ipswich and the like that they support, but there are a few over here who "Watch" DRFC. The problem as always is "Return Flights", if anyone does go to KMS from here it always involves a stay over.

Think of yourself as a missionary Irish, your role in life is to re-educate all those daft Paddys into the ways of the DRFC. Laughing
RTWD.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Contingent Wed 24 Nov - 19:23:14

Oh dont worry Hoola, in my ten years over here a few have seen the light.
Irish Contingent
Irish Contingent
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 24 Nov - 21:04:37

Do you baptise them by pouring a pint of Zigger Zagger over their heads in the church that is the Toad.
Who are Celtic, Rangers, Manure and the Bindippers anyway ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down