The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KMS Job Cuts

4 posters

Go down

KMS Job Cuts Empty KMS Job Cuts

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 5 Jan - 5:15:45

Don't know if anyone has seen this it was in yesterdays Star but seemed to be hidden away in the online versions

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Jobs-and-cost-cut-at.6677962.jp
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

KMS Job Cuts Empty Re: KMS Job Cuts

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Jan - 8:39:06

It takes years usually to start to turn an investment of this level into profit.
Now it just needs to be run professionally by our club for the real benefit of all the tenants.
Time to get it bought.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 5 Jan - 17:57:46

tbh I wondered when I read it, streamlining to make the figures look better and pull into profit = bigger asking price
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Jan - 19:54:04

Dagenham Rover wrote:tbh I wondered when I read it, streamlining to make the figures look better and pull into profit = bigger asking price

I wouldn't worry too much with that profit level Daggers, we need to get the job done i.e. P/Offs first. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Jan - 19:58:52

hoolahoop wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much with that profit level Daggers, we need to get the job done i.e. P/Offs first. Wink

Tend to agree, i think if we were to get promoted that would be the time the club looked to buy the ground...having said that if the long term plans is to aquire it then it will probably go through a lot easier while the current mayor is in office...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Jan - 21:02:38

yorkie64red wrote:

Tend to agree, i think if we were to get promoted that would be the time the club looked to buy the ground...having said that if the long term plans is to aquire it then it will probably go through a lot easier while the current mayor is in office...

I tend to agree , we need to get there before he is voted out i.e sooner rather than later!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 5 Jan - 21:16:30

yes but if we could get in a position to buy the ground can you buy the stadium or will it all after come as a package Question . But it will put financial restraints on DRFC we have said in the past we think thats all the board members are on the board for is the land around the Keepmoat will JR and his team be able to manage the stadium better then the current management that said IF we was to buy it i would liike to see Electronic turnstyles what are at alot of grounds . I will explain what i mean by financial restraints say we buy the ground for £20 + Million the board and JR will have to be in this for the long run ok maybe not much split between them but it is still an investment that means if a board member snuffs it or wants to leave are they going to say i want my £7 million back i put in to buy the stadium or the family ask for it back Question
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Jan - 21:26:12

pkt_drfc wrote:yes but if we could get in a position to buy the ground can you buy the stadium or will it all after come as a package Question . But it will put financial restraints on DRFC we have said in the past we think thats all the board members are on the board for is the land around the Keepmoat will JR and his team be able to manage the stadium better then the current management that said IF we was to buy it i would liike to see Electronic turnstyles what are at alot of grounds . I will explain what i mean by financial restraints say we buy the ground for £20 + Million the board and JR will have to be in this for the long run ok maybe not much split between them but it is still an investment that means if a board member snuffs it or wants to leave are they going to say i want my £7 million back i put in to buy the stadium or the family ask for it back Question

If we were to buy it i am sure it would be like a Mortgage , we are currently paying a million a year in rent the buying of the stadium itself would probably not cost the club anymore then it is paying now, increased costs would come from Staffing ie all existing staff by law have to be transferred on existing contracts, i know what you mean about Rovers having to be better at running the thing then the current people but in reality it will be the same people just that they will be employees of DRFC and not the SMC , obviously there are costs when it comes to looking after the ground but that is been done now and the SMC have still made a small profit , i believe there is a lot of potential at the ground that is not been carried out,hopefully if we do buy it we need to buy the lot, the Athletics club and Rugby club would just pay Rovers rent...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down