The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

+3
borophil
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
7 posters

Go down

Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect. Empty Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 21 Oct - 10:16:24

http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1~1832420,00.html

MIDDLESBROUGH FC have tonight announced that manager Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

Football consultant Alan Smith will also be leaving the club as part of the change.

Further details will follow here very soon.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect. Empty Re: Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

Post by hoolahoop Wed 21 Oct - 10:29:27

Nightmare wrote:http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1~1832420,00.html

MIDDLESBROUGH FC have tonight announced that manager Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

Football consultant Alan Smith will also be leaving the club as part of the change.

Further details will follow here very soon.

So that's where you are hiding fella!! Closet Boro' fan eh? lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect. Empty Re: Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

Post by borophil Wed 21 Oct - 10:41:45

lol that was quick boys.

Ok Ill add that Southgate was a legend as a player for us and was captain of our carling cup winning side. However he was appointed when the club were in a difficult position financially and with an ageing squad. He probably didnt have the experience to do any better than he actually did although he was always articulate and always seemed to be giving his all. That said I gotta agree with Steve Gibson that now is the time for change and we need to go forward. Good Luck Gareth but you had a good run at it.

Last edited by borophil on Wed 21 Oct - 10:46:49; edited 1 time in total
borophil
borophil
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 21 Oct - 10:43:55

borophil wrote:lol that was quick boys.

VERY Quick decision and your take on it Phil ? Surprised Surprised
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by borophil Wed 21 Oct - 10:47:24

lol was editing when you replied. Very Happy
borophil
borophil
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 21 Oct - 10:55:53

borophil wrote:lol that was quick boys.

Ok Ill add that Southgate was a legend as a player for us and was captain of our carling cup winning side. However he was appointed when the club were in a difficult position financially and with an ageing squad. He probably didnt have the experience to do any better than he actually did although he was always articulate and always seemed to be giving his all. That said I gotta agree with Steve Gibson that now is the time for change and we need to go forward. Good Luck Gareth but you had a good run at it.

Very generous accolades applied to GS and well-deserved, I think perhaps you could have done with him having just a few more seasonsworth of experience in him like you. A decent fella and it would have been wrong to have kept the sword of Damacles swinging above him in light of his contribution to your club.
Good luck Gareth............................. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 21 Oct - 22:34:31

That really was a shock, i know they have had a couple of bad results but i still think he would have taken them back up, good look to the fella he always came across as a decent and genuine guy.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 21 Oct - 23:53:19

yorkie64red wrote:That really was a shock, i know they have had a couple of bad results but i still think he would have taken them back up, good look to the fella he always came across as a decent and genuine guy.

Yes and I think it may prove to be a very costly 'knee-jerk' reaction by the chairman..........time will tell.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 22 Oct - 4:58:13

Not a knee jerk reaction apparetnly he made the decision about 3 weeks ago.

Gareth has been a 'dead man walking'.

Shame becasue he is a legend here as a player and a very decent man.

I wish him all the best.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Thu 22 Oct - 6:05:56

real nice bloke but tactically challenged. Thanks Gareth for all the highs and the lows.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by diggerman Thu 22 Oct - 8:10:56

Well i dunno what more he could've done.
He's had to sell half the squad to balance the books , and i reckon he did a good job to start the season as he did , and to keep us in touch with the top two.
We could be top at the weekend.

Gibbo's been quoted as saying he wants us to be TOP , not just near the top - doesn't ask for much , considering the players we sold.
diggerman
diggerman
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 24 Oct - 5:37:55

diggerman wrote:Well i dunno what more he could've done.
He's had to sell half the squad to balance the books , and i reckon he did a good job to start the season as he did , and to keep us in touch with the top two.

Gibbo's been quoted as saying he wants us to be TOP , not just near the top - doesn't ask for much , considering the players we sold.

Strachan for the job then, strange reasoning IMO. Will he fit in after Southgate's even-handed style of management ?.............I think not!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 26 Oct - 20:18:27

hoolahoop wrote:

Strachan for the job then, strange reasoning IMO. Will he fit in after Southgate's even-handed style of management ?.............I think not!!

Been confirmed, Strachan has got the job.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 26 Oct - 23:00:32

yorkie64red wrote:
hoolahoop wrote:

Been confirmed, Strachan has got the job.

Doesn't seem a wise choice to me .............time will tell Exclamation
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by borophil Wed 28 Oct - 1:24:30

im quite happy with the situation. I think Strachan will get the best out of some of our players and im hopeful he will spot a few of the duffers we have had to endure.
borophil
borophil
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down