The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers v Watford

+3
superspy
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rovers v Watford - Page 2 Empty Re: Rovers v Watford

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 26 Feb - 19:09:05

So are we all looking forward to today hope JR sings his heart in South Stand i have got a good feeling about today
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 Feb - 20:47:15

pkt_drfc wrote:So are we all looking forward to today hope JR sings his heart in South Stand i have got a good feeling about today

Yep, seems ages since we saw the lads , looking forward to it, lets just hope that tuesdays excellent performance has boosted there confidence and that they do the same today, hopefully will have some people back ...can't wait... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 27 Feb - 5:57:32

Well i suppose a point is better then Nothing we missed a couple of sitters and also i would not have give Sharp the MOM my choice would have been Euell
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 6:33:18

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i suppose a point is better then Nothing we missed a couple of sitters and also i would not have give Sharp the MOM my choice would have been Euell

Think i would have given motm to friend, he just keeps getting better and better , a good point although we were unlucky not to have got the win, at least its stopped the rot and moving onto Derby where hopefully we will get the 3 points... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 27 Feb - 6:40:47

How the feck did Euell manage to miss that 1 on 1
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 6:42:26

pkt_drfc wrote:How the feck did Euell manage to miss that 1 on 1

Well lets hope he is on target on tuesday, can see him been given a 18 month deal in the summer, he is on a free will make a great addition to the squad... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 7:07:04

Pity we didn't get to see Gillett today, he must be getting close to making a return, would be good to see him play a part on tuesday night
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 27 Feb - 7:32:38

Oh and by the way the Ref was a complete C**T
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 7:35:04

pkt_drfc wrote:Oh and by the way the Ref was a complete C**T

bad for both sides but yes he was... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Feb - 8:35:22

yorkie64red wrote:

bad for both sides but yes he was... Smile

An interesting game all in all played by 2 poor teams, we had an excuse I am pondering what's happening at Watford though!
My MOM was Keegan with both Friend and Euell playing particularly well today. Euell was unlucky and probably would have easily buried his particular opportunities had he been completely match fit.

Friend is improving with each and every game and different position it seems.............here I have to eat a huge slice of 'humble pie' and has certainly found a friend here. (no apologies for the pun btw).

The atmosphere today was at times electric in the SS, it's amazing what difference it makes having your Directors and in particular JR stood amongst us eh ? Great to see you all next to the drummers and up personal with the supporters.
On another day , we would have won this game, happy with the point though all considered.

All in all an enjoyable but scary game at times officiated by one of the WORST referees (for both sides btw but mainly us) I have had the misfortune to see for many a long year.

hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 27 Feb - 9:31:21

My missis's summing up .......scrappy with yet another crap ref.

She don't waste words ar lass ......for a cockney Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 19:49:53

Quite pleased with the attendance yesterday, just short of 9000 , thought it was going to be a lot worse...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 20:49:09

The stats make better reading from yesterdays game, most possession most shots on target and most corners...big change from the other week..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 27 Feb - 20:53:15

The lads have renewed spirit and i thought Euell and Sharp complement each other brilliantly and in Euell interview he says he is hoping the loan can be exstended .
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Feb - 21:02:11

pkt_drfc wrote:The lads have renewed spirit and i thought Euell and Sharp complement each other brilliantly and in Euell interview he says he is hoping the loan can be exstended .

I think Euell is here to stay now, would be very surprised if he doesen't get a 18 month deal in the summer, pity he wasn't a tad bit younger..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Feb - 2:08:55

Sean O'Driscoll conceded that yesterday's game was typical of many in English football - not too much finesse, but plenty of effort by both sides.
Speaking after the match, he said: "The game highlighted what's good and bad about English football in one fell swoop. There was fantastic endeavour from both sides who never stopped running, but it was a game of poor quality. You have to give credit to the players for their effort but I think both teams would have liked to have passed the ball a bit better."
"The goal we conceded was poor from our point of view but I thought both teams were always vulnerable to being beaten by one ball over the top. I thought we had the better chances to win the game, especially in the second half, but when you lack quality you have to be competitive and at least we had that."
Watford boss Malky Mackay was happy to take a point from the game after Eustance had been sent off for the Hornets ten minutes from time.
He commented: "I thought the sending off was harsh. I've seen handball offences that aren't even punished by a booking and it's the consistency that you worry about. So for somebody to be dismissed in that fashion when it didn't even prevent a goalscoring attempt was disappointing. I've got a very young side and they are learning all the time. To get the experience they are having will stand them in good stead for their futures as Watford players."
"I thought we started well and probably should have gone on to score again after taking the lead. Obviously we came under pressure when we were down to 10 men but I was delighted by our resilience and the way we went about the job."

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2