The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The cars we used to drive..

+3
pkt_drfc
NorthRed
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

The cars we used to drive.. Empty The cars we used to drive..

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 6:19:26

Takes me back to when cars had character, unlike the shite of today..good old British Leyland... Laughing

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

The cars we used to drive.. Empty Re: The cars we used to drive..

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 6:33:07

Anyone remember the Lada Riva..they used to import these to Bridlington where they were improved for the home market...never actually went in one although i nearly once bought its successor...glad i thought better of it... Laughing

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Mon 21 Mar - 7:33:15

Its all just a tad before my time!! I remember my first car though, it was a blue 1.6 Ford Orion ghia..... dropping to bits lol............... it was great!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 21 Mar - 7:36:33

NorthRed wrote:Its all just a tad before my time!! I remember my first car though, it was a blue 1.6 Ford Orion ghia..... dropping to bits lol............... it was great!!

Snap the same car i had but myne was a 1.4 J reg only had 1 accident in it
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 7:57:02

Cars used to have character, today they are so boring , my first car was a Triumph acclaim and loved it followed by a maestro and a montego, i used to love austins much underated cars...it was a sad sad day when Rover went bust, all we have now is crap from korea france or japan...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 7:58:20

NorthRed wrote:Its all just a tad before my time!! I remember my first car though, it was a blue 1.6 Ford Orion ghia..... dropping to bits lol............... it was great!!

A cracking car it was as well, hired one once, didn't want to give it back..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 21 Mar - 8:15:10

yorkie64red wrote:Cars used to have character, today they are so boring , my first car was a Triumph acclaim and loved it followed by a maestro and a montego, i used to love austins much underated cars...it was a sad sad day when Rover went bust, all we have now is crap from korea france or japan...

One of my earlier cars was a bright yellow Austin Maxi, I taught my ex wife to drive in it and at the end of the test the examiner turned round to her and said " if you can drive one of these round town without missing too many gear changes you can drive anything" needless to say she passed.
I put it down to my teaching skills and nothing to do with the examiner feeling sorry for her being taught in one of those old beasts
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 8:21:18

In the eighties we had the XR3i , XR2i...GTE's etc cosworths...cars today are all the same..no character..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 21 Mar - 8:33:12

yorkie64red wrote:In the eighties we had the XR3i , XR2i...GTE's etc cosworths...cars today are all the same..no character..

Live in Essex in them days then did you Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 8:39:08

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Live in Essex in them days then did you Laughing

No we had em in yorkshire as well... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by thefullback Mon 21 Mar - 23:25:11

Reliant Regal
Mini with 1100 motor
Triumph Herald
Datsun Sunny
NSU Prinz
Cortina MK2
Vauxhall Victor Estate
Peugot 305 Estate 1.9D
Mitsubishi Lancer Estate
Suzuki Baleno new in 98
Suzuki Ignis GA seriously fun car to drive
Toyota Yaris 1.4 D4D present car

Remember the LADA. 90% of the taxis in Hull were Ladas. Russian seamen would take spare parts home.
thefullback
thefullback
Pride Of Yorkshire

Location : Village east of HULL (and getting nearer the sea every year)

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 21 Mar - 23:39:28

thefullback wrote:Reliant Regal
Mini with 1100 motor
Triumph Herald
Datsun Sunny
NSU Prinz
Cortina MK2
Vauxhall Victor Estate
Peugot 305 Estate 1.9D
Mitsubishi Lancer Estate
Suzuki Baleno new in 98
Suzuki Ignis GA seriously fun car to drive
Toyota Yaris 1.4 D4D present car

Remember the LADA. 90% of the taxis in Hull were Ladas. Russian seamen would take spare parts home.

jesus...you've driven some shite in your time... lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by SWFC 66 Thu 24 Mar - 1:52:46

yorkie64red wrote:

No we had em in yorkshire as well... Laughing

we stole them all from essex though..... Suspect Laughing

SWFC 66
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 24 Mar - 5:17:49

SWFC 66 wrote:

we stole them all from essex though..... Suspect Laughing

lol! lol! lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 24 Mar - 7:02:08

yorkie64red wrote:Cars used to have character, today they are so boring , my first car was a Triumph acclaim and loved it followed by a maestro and a montego, i used to love austins much underated cars...it was a sad sad day when Rover went bust, all we have now is crap from korea france or japan...

I hope you're not being serious...........are you ?

Shocked
Whilst I agree that the market as a whole has become tediously boring with very few companies even trying the minimum of variations to their competitors in any market segment. Generally imo Rover's were crap, unreliable, poorly built dangerous rust buckets, hence their demise.
However if you go back to the 40/50/60's they were generally of good quality for that time.
Seemsd the real problem began when all the marques you have mentioned were brought under the British Leyland umbrella. As seperate companies i.e Austin, Rover etc., they produced far better and more interesting cars.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 24 Mar - 7:19:59

hoolahoop wrote:

I hope you're not being serious...........are you ?

Shocked
Whilst I agree that the market as a whole has become tediously boring with very few companies even trying the minimum of variations to their competitors in any market segment. Generally imo Rover's were crap, unreliable, poorly built dangerous rust buckets, hence their demise.
However if you go back to the 40/50/60's they were generally of good quality for that time.
Seemsd the real problem began when all the marques you have mentioned were brought under the British Leyland umbrella. As seperate companies i.e Austin, Rover etc., they produced far better and more interesting cars.

Not at all, i had a Montego and it was one of the best cars i ever had, never let me down once, they were bad in the seventies when we had cars like the allegro and marina but then so were alot of car manufacturers vehicles at that time, its just a shame they went bust, the cars they were producing towards the end were cracking cars, its just a shame they sold all the naming rights to china, it would have been great to see the likes of MG , Rover Healey and Triumph once again on the roads of Britain...look at the Metro millions of em sold and a British success story, my Brother had two and they were brilliant to drive and they had what is missing today Character..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 24 Mar - 7:33:02

yorkie64red wrote:

Not at all, i had a Montego and it was one of the best cars i ever had, never let me down once, they were bad in the seventies when we had cars like the allegro and marina but then so were alot of car manufacturers vehicles at that time, its just a shame they went bust, the cars they were producing towards the end were cracking cars, its just a shame they sold all the naming rights to china, it would have been great to see the likes of MG , Rover Healey and Triumph once again on the roads of Britain...look at the Metro millions of em sold and a British success story, my Brother had two and they were brilliant to drive and they had what is missing today Character..

Is it a surprise Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 24 Mar - 12:04:06

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Is it a surprise Laughing

Who asked you.... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 24 Mar - 17:34:24

yorkie64red wrote:

Who asked you.... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing

Just having me tuppence worth whether you wanted it or not Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down