The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rovers v pne

+3
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
keepmoatman
7 posters

Go down

rovers v pne Empty rovers v pne

Post by keepmoatman Sun 10 Apr - 7:43:59

ha ha beat you too it lol .
so whats the thoughts on this massive 6 pointer ?
will sod leave the subs alone if were battering them ? .

i am confident this will not end up a loss . a draw or better still
a win deffo on the cards for me .. 1-0 hayter is my prediction Laughing
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

rovers v pne Empty Re: rovers v pne

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 10 Apr - 8:16:55

Yep i have got to agree with you been talking about it at the pub tonight we was saying along the lines of the bottom 3 need wins because of our goal difference against the scunts i can not see us losing all 6 of our remaining games if we did we deserve to go down simple as that but i see a nice 2-0 WIN . RTID
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 10 Apr - 10:29:38

Put on a performance like today and i would like to think we can get the win....really thats all we can hope for..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Sun 10 Apr - 13:34:33

Well from what i've been hearing Preston are not to be taken to lightly at the moment their playing quite well! Humey keeps banging em in aswell, may the best team win!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 10 Apr - 19:49:03

NorthRed wrote:Well from what i've been hearing Preston are not to be taken to lightly at the moment their playing quite well! Humey keeps banging em in aswell, may the best team win!!

I don't think we are underestimating them, every game is hard in this division...but PNE are not Cardiff and don't have the quality of players that Cardiff have....we totally dominated yetserdays game 60% pocession to us and 17 shots at the goal...if we can put on that type of performance again i would be very dissapointed if we came away with anything less then a win.....well heres hoping anyway... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 11 Apr - 4:15:16

Daft as it sounds we are most likely to beat Hull, but i do think preston will feel our wrath on Tuesday
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 11 Apr - 4:18:55

Someone is going to feel it soon. I won't lie, I am a little concerned but if we were playing like we were a month ago I'd be a lot more worried. I thought apart from the finishing the football was the best we'd played in a long time yesterday
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wxmowls Mon 11 Apr - 4:32:38

pne are 2nd in the form guide i hope donny win yorks 1 lancs 0

wxmowls
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 12 Apr - 9:02:31

A thrashing for PNE 3-0 to the mighty Hoops. Euell on from the start please.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 12 Apr - 20:43:55

Why am i suddenly feeling Very Nervous for tonight it is only 10:45 am and i am already watching the clock tick by
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Apr - 23:25:51

Looks like Joe Mills is out for the rest of the season...time for Killa to get a few games under his belt..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 12 Apr - 23:32:08

The match officials for this evening's home game against Preston North End have been confirmed as:
Referee: S. Mathieson
Assistant referees: J. Simpson & K. Lawson
Fourth official: G. Beswick
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Apr - 8:20:26

Well a point was deserved i suppose but we still have an inability to defend when going in front but i think we are just about safe now
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 13 Apr - 8:40:43

Just watched the goals - Stock's was class, theirs was scrappy (we need to learn to score scrappy goals Wink ) but I thought it was a good point, they were a strong team fighting hard - I thought they were better overall than Cardiff on Saturday
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Apr - 8:55:04

Just heard SOD he said there goal was offside but he said that they should have had a penalty so things even themselves out
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 13 Apr - 9:29:20

I agree that was a fighting point and that should secure our place in the npower.
I know I have joked about the Blunts going down but I am slightly saddened by their demise this season and look forward to seeing them soon. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 13 Apr - 9:35:13

Yep it is sad to see them go down rather them then us though . Laughing Laughing Laughing

BYE BYE BLADES Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 13 Apr - 10:03:53

pkt_drfc wrote:Just heard SOD he said there goal was offside but he said that they should have had a penalty so things even themselves out

Browm said it was a stonewall penalty, even said Friend admitted to bringing Hume down, strange as it was O'Connor lol!

Disappointed we couldn't hold on but an exciting game and that point is far more useful to us than it is to Preston
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 14 Apr - 2:58:28

good point earned last night, and its more useful to us then them...lets take the last few performances to Hull on saturday and see if we can get something from the game..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 14 Apr - 3:03:39

Just been looking on there forum PNEONLINE and a couple of the usual comments we should not be losing to teams like Doncaster always the same with these comments
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 14 Apr - 3:06:38

pkt_drfc wrote:Just been looking on there forum PNEONLINE and a couple of the usual comments we should not be losing to teams like Doncaster always the same with these comments

They were probably saying the same back in August... Laughing ..oh and they are where they are becauce they have been losing to quite alot of teams of late.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 14 Apr - 3:07:58

I know they did not lose but a draw to them is just as bad as a loss
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 14 Apr - 4:25:13

Rovers boss Sean O'Driscoll had mixed feelings about how his team performed in last night's draw against Preston North End.
He said after the game: "I was pleased with parts of the performance. It was another game for us, and all of the games in the Championship are going to be difficult or have been difficult. To play with the spirit that we showed and the determination; not letting things get us down. We've not looked like a team under pressure and we've not looked like a team that lacks confidence. We have sometimes looked like a team that has lacked a bit of quality and a bit of strength in depth, but I can't fault that."
"On the other side of it, from a tactical point of view, we were far too open. We're playing a Preston side that, in some senses, can throw caution to the wind. We got caught up in a game where the neutral would have gone home thinking 'what a good spectacle that was'. For us, we've got to be tighter. If you let the opposition have too many chances, in this division, you're not always going to get away with it. At times we did."
On the other hand, Preston boss Phil Brown thought his side should have been given a penalty in the second half, when the game was still goalless, with Eddie Johnson, according to Brown, being brought down by James O'Connor. He thought: "I thought it was a stone wall penalty, Humey knows the full back very well and he thought he was very fortunate still to be on the field of play which suggests that he has caught him. If it wasn't a foul then why would he fall down, it is one of them. Eddie is a talented player and I thought he could have pulled the trigger and put us all out of our misery and maybe score with his right foot but he decided to come in to shoot with his left. He has done the full back and the full back has left a trailing foot as far as I am concerned and it is a stone wall penalty.
He praised the noisy travelling support, and pledged that his side will fight to stay in the division as long as possible. He added: "The fans that travelled tonight were absolutely magnificent, it was great to see the goal and there will be talking points but you keep on hoping. Until it is mathematically certain we are going to keep on battling and we hope that it will go to the last game."
"If you judge the game on its merits, it's never a 1-1 draw it's more like a 3-3 draw. We had a go in the first half and they had a go to be fair and it was a very attractive game of football. I always thought tonight was all about the first goal, if we had got the first goal we would have shut up shop and take off the extra striker that we played with tonight, boxed it off in midfield and try and get over the line at one nil. That was the turning point for the game for me, nervy maybe and we just lost our discipline a little bit at the thought we are being hardly done to. Consequently you lose your concentration and that resulted in us going one nil down but again we showed tremendous spirit to fight back."

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down