The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keepmoat Stadium

5 posters

Go down

Keepmoat Stadium Empty Keepmoat Stadium

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 May - 4:30:30

There seems to be rumours going round that the Club are in talks with the council to buy the stadium from the council and that this should be concluded in the next 3 months , there is a thread on the VSC about this and i was told this by someone who swore me to secrecy something i have done upto now but as its now been talked about elsewhere feel i can start a thread to discuss it...so assuming its true what are peoples thoughts on it, for me it is fantastic news if true and would mean that new income streams would be available to the club, income that would hopefully pay for the grounds running costs but also allow money to be put into the playing side as well, it seems that the council want it of there hands and surely would be better us buying it rather then an investement company who could start to hold us to ransom when it came to paying rent etc...it would finally really feel like home ...not long to wait until we find out i expect... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Keepmoat Stadium Empty Re: Keepmoat Stadium

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 May - 6:39:21

Well i think £10 million will buy it time to get the rot out what is the SMC
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 May - 6:42:10

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i think £10 million will buy it time to get the rot out what is the SMC

Thats the figure that is been banded around, a bargain really...also maybe explains the comments that Dave Morris came out with a few weeks agao when he said the SMC were not fit to run a football stadium...maybe he knew they wouldn't be running it much longer...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 May - 6:51:03

Well people on VSC seem to think we will NOT want it all but i think we will IMO
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 May - 7:00:16

pkt_drfc wrote:Well people on VSC seem to think we will NOT want it all but i think we will IMO

It makes sense , at the moment it is not making a loss and would imagine that if owned by the club more people would make use of the facilities putting more money into the clubs coffers...also if ever the time came where the current board wanted to sell up and move on, then owning the ground would make it more sellable...i just hope its true...10 million is a drop in the ocean for a ground that only 4 years ago cost 32 million to build...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 2 May - 7:04:45

Yep nothing to our board i know it is easy to say that because it is not our money but i think it will have an effect on our transfer budget if we have 1
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 2 May - 7:10:37

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep nothing to our board i know it is easy to say that because it is not our money but i think it will have an effect on our transfer budget if we have 1

The buying of the ground would be an investment , they didn't make their millions without taking a risk, look at Chesterfield, Dave Allen came in loaned them money to get the ground built and they are moving on to the next level becauce of it, the buying of the ground and transfer budgets would be seperate things, the last thing they would want if they did buy the ground would be to be seen as cutting back elsewhere...they would want more people using its facilities not less..i just hope if its true they buy the lot including athletics track and five a side pitches...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 3 May - 6:00:56

Interesting news , it's the first time I've heard about it. Wink
This would make sound business sense if anything comes of it but you never know the whims of both DMBC and DRFC. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 3 May - 6:10:06

hoolahoop wrote:Interesting news , it's the first time I've heard about it. Wink
This would make sound business sense if anything comes of it but you never know the whims of both DMBC and DRFC. Smile

Were always the last to find out anything Hoola... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 3 May - 6:13:45

I know one thing, we were at the lakeside today and went for a walk round the stadium ...about time they got some power washers to the outside panelling, it is starting to look very grubby...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 3 May - 6:14:12

yorkie64red wrote:

Were always the last to find out anything Hoola... Smile

I know it's a bugger and I've had my ear to the ground too........I blame my sources. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 3 May - 8:41:59

what could happen i suppose is that the Keepmoat two could buy the ground and then lease it back to the club with Rovers running it, it would just be another buisiness venture for them and would mean the club does not fall into debt..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 4 May - 19:51:53

yorkie64red wrote:what could happen i suppose is that the Keepmoat two could buy the ground and then lease it back to the club with Rovers running it, it would just be another buisiness venture for them and would mean the club does not fall into debt..

I see a very similar scenario and expansion of the existing 'wasted' space to accomodate franchised fast food (of a more suitable kind) and income from a properly run social club for alchohol (the Toad proves the opportunity exists!) as well as an outdoor theatre and concert complex inside the actual stadium.
There are of course many areas not currently in use that could be used more extensively for seminars and meetings of all kinds, however and this is the moot point ; they would have to bring in someone with the expertise to market and brand the product in a far better manner than has been done in the past. I suggest they 'tap' the man at the RU club ........he/they obviously have the ability at Castle Park and our people have the financial clout. It's potentially a marriage made in heaven.
There are currently 3 venues in town that excel at these things i.e the Racecourse, Dome and Castle Park, there has to be many gaps in the market. Higher profile=better sponsorship.....SIMPLES. Cool Cool Cool Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 5 May - 2:36:54

hoolahoop wrote:

I see a very similar scenario and expansion of the existing 'wasted' space to accomodate franchised fast food (of a more suitable kind) and income from a properly run social club for alchohol (the Toad proves the opportunity exists!) as well as an outdoor theatre and concert complex inside the actual stadium.
There are of course many areas not currently in use that could be used more extensively for seminars and meetings of all kinds, however and this is the moot point ; they would have to bring in someone with the expertise to market and brand the product in a far better manner than has been done in the past. I suggest they 'tap' the man at the RU club ........he/they obviously have the ability at Castle Park and our people have the financial clout. It's potentially a marriage made in heaven.
There are currently 3 venues in town that excel at these things i.e the Racecourse, Dome and Castle Park, there has to be many gaps in the market. Higher profile=better sponsorship.....SIMPLES. Cool Cool Cool Smile

The potential is there and everyone seems to see it , it could push the club onto the next level if done correctly, like you say it does need someone at the helm who knows what there doing, but at least there would only one set of people trying to sell the product unlike two at the minuite, when Vix went on a tour of the ground she was told there are large amounts of space under the east stand that are not used, they need to have something to get people there earlier to start spending their cash something that sets us apart ...have a proper sports bar with pool tables etc.lets just hope its true and something comes of it... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 22 May - 5:28:19

I see someone on the VSc is saying that an announcement about the stadium is due soon...lets hope he's right ..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 22 May - 6:07:11

yorkie64red wrote:I see someone on the VSc is saying that an announcement about the stadium is due soon...lets hope he's right ..

Sounds like something could be said in the next week or so the poster doesn't normally post cobblers as far as I remember
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 22 May - 6:09:22

Cant see it myself but who know.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 22 May - 6:11:10

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Sounds like something could be said in the next week or so the poster doesn't normally post cobblers as far as I remember

Oh i hope your right Daggers...best news we could get...going to the keepmoat in august knowing it belonged to the club, i would start drinking there again as well..that will soon pay for it... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 22 May - 6:33:57

yorkie64red wrote:

Oh i hope your right Daggers...best news we could get...going to the keepmoat in august knowing it belonged to the club, i would start drinking there again as well..that will soon pay for it... Laughing

I presume the Toad would still get your patronage Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 22 May - 6:39:13

Dagenham Rover wrote:

I presume the Toad would still get your patronage Smile

No, i would use the keepmoat bar as i would like to think i was helping the club out by using its facilities, having said that it would be nice if the club could allow the toad to stock its beers ..apparently there is vast amounts of unused space in the east stand maybe open up another bar...and let them run it..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 22 May - 8:11:25

yorkie64red wrote:

No, i would use the keepmoat bar as i would like to think i was helping the club out by using its facilities, having said that it would be nice if the club could allow the toad to stock its beers ..apparently there is vast amounts of unused space in the east stand maybe open up another bar...and let them run it..

You could always just double your intake on a matchday drunken
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 22 May - 8:33:03

Dagenham Rover wrote:

You could always just double your intake on a matchday drunken

Double it ?................he already drinks twice as much as the rest of us ! lol!
Pleased to see there might be some news on the KM soon, I too would be moving back to the stadium to drink and eat once I am sure the revenue is going back to the club.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Jun - 2:34:46

In yesterdays free press it was reported that the SMC have gone cap in hand back to the council for a further 300K loan, thay already have a million pound overdraft with the council so would assume thay have spent that, said that without the loan the SMC could be unable to continue..also said that the council were looking into the future of the ground....has anyone heard anymore about Rovers buying the stadium...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 21 Jun - 6:41:25

yorkie64red wrote:In yesterdays free press it was reported that the SMC have gone cap in hand back to the council for a further 300K loan, thay already have a million pound overdraft with the council so would assume thay have spent that, said that without the loan the SMC could be unable to continue..also said that the council were looking into the future of the ground....has anyone heard anymore about Rovers buying the stadium...

Nah it's all gone quiet on that front. Sad Perhaps if we had more STH's we could afford to bail them out at the council but I doubt whether we will even consider it given the fickleness of our fans.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down