The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ?

+6
hoolahoop
RedNinja
FevTyke
Barnsleytilidie
yorkie64red
NIGHTMARE
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Empty Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ?

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 4 Nov - 4:10:55

Having seen them cut the wage bill in the last few seasons and bring in poor replacements i have a feeling there in a bit of bother .
and could be in need of promotion to balance the books, come the back end of December if there not looking like going up they could have to sell more players. could this be there undoing and see them into league 1, lets be honest we have seen it all before
and its happen to blackwell not too long ago.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Empty Re: Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ?

Post by yorkie64red Wed 4 Nov - 4:21:37

Nightmare wrote:Having seen them cut the wage bill in the last few seasons and bring in poor replacements i have a feeling there in a bit of bother .
and could be in need of promotion to balance the books, come the back end of December if there not looking like going up they could have to sell more players. could this be there undoing and see them into league 1, lets be honest we have seen it all before
and its happen to blackwell not too long ago.

I can't see them going down, Mccabe won't want that happening especially with the worldcup bid ongoing, it does make you wonder though if one of the reasons they seem to be hellbent on getting rid of there best players to cut the wage bill is so it allows them to fund the stadium improvements, got to say though they were not good last night and if the Blades think that was a good performance then they really do have to watch some crap, i can see them foundering below the half way mark in the league though and if that happens then Blackwells days must be numbered.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Empty Re: Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ?

Post by Barnsleytilidie Wed 4 Nov - 4:52:01

I cant see it either to be honest...they will get rid of Bluffwell before long.....then his replacement Simon Davey will get them to stay up second last game of the season! Wink
Barnsleytilidie
Barnsleytilidie
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Wed 4 Nov - 9:33:54

I do think they'll stay up, unfortunately, but I still think they'll finish in the bottom half this season.
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Wed 4 Nov - 9:39:50

To be honest I think the longer Blackwell stays, the longer relegation stares them in the face...

Go Blackwell!! lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 4 Nov - 9:41:42

He's doing a damn fine job, ignore em Blackie... Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Sleep
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 4 Nov - 9:57:33

yorkie64red wrote:He's doing a damn fine job, ignore em Blackie... Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Sleep

Hope the dozy twat stops and really upsets their dozy fans some more..................P & Grumble is turning into a Blunts 'wake' Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? 2 lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Thu 5 Nov - 4:02:39

I don't think they'll go down, but i dont think they are going to be snapping at the heels of the top6 either.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 5 Nov - 4:23:21

superspy wrote:I don't think they'll go down, but i dont think they are going to be snapping at the heels of the top6 either.

Agreed see them no higher than 8/9, SS have you seen the continuing debate on VSC ref. Heffs v. Billy ? Seems to be an obsession of some , making Heffs into some god-like figure especially Billy Stubbs who has bored everybody to death with his stats. and uber support for Heffs for over a year now. Is he sleeping with him or something or am I missing something here; I love Heffs but to say he is better than Sharp is delusional........isn't it ? Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 5 Nov - 5:13:55

hoolahoop wrote:

Agreed see them no higher than 8/9, SS have you seen the continuing debate on VSC ref. Heffs v. Billy ? Seems to be an obsession of some , making Heffs into some god-like figure especially Billy Stubbs who has bored everybody to death with his stats. and uber support for Heffs for over a year now. Is he sleeping with him or something or am I missing something here; I love Heffs but to say he is better than Sharp is delusional........isn't it ? Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_eek

Heffs is no Sharp , end off .... Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_surprised
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 5 Nov - 5:35:51

yorkie64red wrote:

Heffs is no Sharp , end off .... Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_surprised

Short, sweet and accurate but still Billy Stubbs Tears drags out his stats on the VSC like a man possessed . IMO just like yours , there is no comparison , they are different players but as good as Heffs is he is not as sharp as Sharp (excuse the pun).
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 5 Nov - 5:48:34

hoolahoop wrote:

Short, sweet and accurate but still Billy Stubbs Tears drags out his stats on the VSC like a man possessed . IMO just like yours , there is no comparison , they are different players but as good as Heffs is he is not as sharp as Sharp (excuse the pun).

Are people honestly saying they would be happy for Sharp to go back to the Blades tommorow as we have Heffs to fill his shoes, sorry not for me, i like Heffs but Sharp is better by miles never mind the Stats , these people need to use there eyes. Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_eek
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 5 Nov - 5:59:22

yorkie64red wrote:

Are people honestly saying they would be happy for Sharp to go back to the Blades tommorow as we have Heffs to fill his shoes, sorry not for me, i like Heffs but Sharp is better by miles never mind the Stats , these people need to use there eyes. Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_eek

Unfortunately when you are revered as the 'font of all wisdom' by the VSC overlords, then and only then you can spout this ridiculous rubbish. You are right eyes are far better than stats that have involved different systems, players, oppositions etc and with what we have been lucky to see of late the case seems well and truly closed. That doesn't of course mean that the skills of Heffs can't be used effectively as well and that could be a marriage made in heaven if we ever had the formation and the balls to go at teams . Rolling Eyes
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 5 Nov - 6:05:39

Exactly, work with Sharp not instead of him.. Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_bounce
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Nov - 0:24:27

I think you lot should be worrying about your own situations rather than ours!!!
Donny and Barnsley have got more chance of being relegated than The Blades....and we are well supported....unlike your teams who's highest gate this term are around 12 500!! compared to our 29.000 and even SW had 30,000 v Barnsley.
Sheffield Teams consistently get better turnouts than your 2 clubs put together and crowds equals money equals better players...simples!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 8 Nov - 0:31:46

Ave It!!! wrote:I think you lot should be worrying about your own situations rather than ours!!!
Donny and Barnsley have got more chance of being relegated than The Blades....and we are well supported....unlike your teams who's highest gate this term are around 12 500!! compared to our 29.000 and even SW had 30,000 v Barnsley.
Sheffield Teams consistently get better turnouts than your 2 clubs put together and crowds equals money equals better players...simples!

You say more money equals better players, but who is spending the money? Blackwell... And Blackwell is known for buying players he REALLY does not need! (Brian Howard for example..) Which is exactly why Blackwell needs to stay! lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 8 Nov - 0:43:45

Why the concern for us though?
I am a season ticket holder and admittedly we are going through a bad patch but if I was you I would be looking over my shoulder more than us.

Barnsley are in their honeymoon period with Robins who has done ok...could n't have done much worse than that bufoon Davy! I think your bubble will burst soon enough and you will be in your yearly relegation scrap to stay in the CCC

donny won't achieve anything in this league by just going to places and playing 5 across the middle with no goalscorer. I see them as bottom half who could get dragged into the scrap with Barnsley.

At the moment I have to be objective and don't see United doing anything outstanding in the CCC this season, and see us finishing perhaps top play offs at best and mid table mediocrity ay worst!

I have seen all 3 teams play many times and can honestly say that at this moment in time there is little between all 3....however I would have to put my money on The Blades staying up out of all of them if I was to bet on it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 Nov - 6:29:03

Ave It!!! wrote:Why the concern for us though?
I am a season ticket holder and admittedly we are going through a bad patch but if I was you I would be looking over my shoulder more than us.

Barnsley are in their honeymoon period with Robins who has done ok...could n't have done much worse than that bufoon Davy! I think your bubble will burst soon enough and you will be in your yearly relegation scrap to stay in the CCC

donny won't achieve anything in this league by just going to places and playing 5 across the middle with no goalscorer. I see them as bottom half who could get dragged into the scrap with Barnsley.

At the moment I have to be objective and don't see United doing anything outstanding in the CCC this season, and see us finishing perhaps top play offs at best and mid table mediocrity ay worst!

I have seen all 3 teams play many times and can honestly say that at this moment in time there is little between all 3....however I would have to put my money on The Blades staying up out of all of them if I was to bet on it.

Just wish we had a good manager like Blackwell who is loved by the fans for the type of football they play, Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Kopfschuettel
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by UriGeller Sun 8 Nov - 8:09:48

Ave It!!! wrote:Why the concern for us though?

Exactly what 'Ave It!!! says above.

We are in a similar situation to the one we were in under Robson. Blackwell must be replaced sooner rather than later if we are to salvage anything from this season. He has steadied the ship, but will not take us any further with our dull style of play.
UriGeller
UriGeller
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 Nov - 9:23:52

UriGeller wrote:

Exactly what 'Ave It!!! says above.

We are in a similar situation to the one we were in under Robson. Blackwell must be replaced sooner rather than later if we are to salvage anything from this season. He has steadied the ship, but will not take us any further with our dull style of play.

Welcome Uri, at last we have some Blades hope you stick around and help to make the forum grow. Dose Anyone else think sheffield united could go down ? Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Sun 8 Nov - 9:56:48

Shame he won't be round this part of the forum for long lol!
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 8 Nov - 11:05:30

Ave It!!! wrote:I think you lot should be worrying about your own situations rather than ours!!!

Leeds were getting bigger turnouts then you, look where they have been for last two years

Sheffield is 5 times the size of Barnsley but your not getting gates 5 times bigger then ours

sheffields bigger then liverpool so by rights you should be getting crowds like they get but you don't
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 Nov - 9:04:01

Your argument does not stack up because you are looking through Tyke tinted specs.
The question is "Does anyone else think Sheffield United will get relegated?"

I am simply saying that our financial standing is better than previous years when we have been in similar situations and although it may not seem so at the moment we have got a stronger , if smaller , squad to cope, in my opinion.

This is partly due to the fact that we can attract a better standard of player (hopefully) than clubs in and around the local area....Brian Howard and Jamie Ward being the prime recent examples.

Leeds which has a larger population than Sheffield by some 250,000 and only has 1 team in a catchment area that stretches from the Pennines to the East Coast and up to middlesboro. Not to mention 300,000 in Wakefield (no team) 450,000 in Bradford and 250,000 in York (non league) their average attendance this season is 23,650 and they are top of the league!!

Sheffield by comparison has a smaller population and 2 better sides (currently) than Leeds and both clubs attendances are better Leeds on a regular basis. In addition we have local rivalries with Barnsley, Rotherham, Donny and Chesterfield whereas Leeds only have Bradford (11,500) and Huddersfield (12,500).

Attendances at Hillsborough have also dwindled in recent years due to how the club has been seen to treat its own fans. Although it pains me to say it Wednesday are a sleeping giant in football terms. United have always(as long as I can remember) been the poorer relative however recently our attendances have started to go up as theirs have dipped. But together Sheffield football fans average is 50,000 (almost 5 times as many as Barnsley fans turn out Very Happy )

In addition to this neither Sheffield club has experienced success unlike Liverpool who you also mention...yes they do get bigger crowds but do you seriously think they are all Liverpudlians?? The conurbation of Merseyside has a total population nearing a million people. In my mind it only goes to show how loyal Sheffield fans are to turn out in such numbers to watch their teams.

UTB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Mon 9 Nov - 9:18:57

Good post pal

i would love to know how many of the fans in your grounds on a weekly basis
come from sheffield have you ever been to the train stations after a game
you can go on about the amount of fans that come from far and wide to watch leeds but its the same for both the sheffield clubs
barnsley rotherham doncaster wakefield chesterfield bassetlaw
is full of united and wednesday fans
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 10 Nov - 10:36:37

Nightmare wrote:Good post pal

i would love to know how many of the fans in your grounds on a weekly basis
come from sheffield have you ever been to the train stations after a game
you can go on about the amount of fans that come from far and wide to watch leeds but its the same for both the sheffield clubs
barnsley rotherham doncaster wakefield chesterfield bassetlaw
is full of united and wednesday fans

Absolutely correct I'm sad to say and to watch what from both Deedars teams. Sorry Blade you should be ashamed of your crowds take a look at Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley for instance and the final 'telling tale' was that shambles of what was laughingly called 'support' taken to the game tonight. More than half of your allocation not filled!! Far from bragging about your huge support....................you ought to be ashamed in the light of that fiasco. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next