The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ILunga Signs

+2
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
6 posters

Go down

ILunga Signs Empty ILunga Signs

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 4 Oct - 22:48:00

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

ILunga Signs Empty Re: ILunga Signs

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Oct - 23:03:12

Thats one down who will be next...there all wanting to come... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 4 Oct - 23:28:42

Piquionne according to dee dah just waiting for the green light from West Ham
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 5 Oct - 2:51:44

Your going to have a quality squad down there soon!! Just hope they all gel for you. (But hopefully not for the two games against us)

Good times ahead for you lot eh???
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 5 Oct - 2:53:19

That's the problem NR will they gel or will they upset the balance of the team only time will tell
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Wed 5 Oct - 2:56:03

As long as you NEVER beat us i could'nt care less what happens over at the Keepquiet lol!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Oct - 4:48:13

NorthRed wrote:As long as you NEVER beat us i could'nt care less what happens over at the Keepquiet lol!

Yep you stick to the inferior stuff at the Jokewell massif NR. Btw we are in front of you on the 'head to heads'. lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 7 Oct - 20:27:16

NEW boy Herita Ilunga has vowed to rebuild his career at Doncaster Rovers and has not ruled out staying at the Keepmoat Stadium beyond his initial three-month loan deal.

The full-back, capped 19 times by Congo, has spent the last three years at West Ham, playing 66 first-team matches.

But Ilunga has been frozen out at Upton Park since Sam Allardyce’s arrival, having fallen behind George McCartney in the pecking order, and opted to move to Rovers on a temporary basis earlier this week.

He is set to remain with Rovers until January 3 and the 29-year-old says he is grateful to manager Dean Saunders for giving him an opportunity to repair his reputation.

“I am very happy to be here,” said Ilunga, who started in a behind closed doors practice match with Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday. “We have a very good team and some good footballers and I am here to add to the team and to do what the manager wants me to do.

“It is a chance for me to get my career back on track. The deal is for three months and I hope I can do well and stay all season. I would have signed for the whole season.

“I have to play well during this three months and after that we will see what happens.”

Ilunga became Saunders’ second signing after former Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda joined the Championship outfit on a short-term deal last week.

His contact with the Hammers is not due to expire until the summer of 2013 and he admits he is uncertain over his long-term future. “It was difficult to be there (West Ham) because I lost all confidence from the manager and the players,” Ilunga said. “Maybe the best solution was for me to come here.

“I am very excited to start with Rovers. I have spoken with the players and I feel like they want me to come in and help them and the manager and that is important for me.”

Ilunga featured in the Hammers 1-0 victory at Rovers in the second match of the season and is adamant the team have enough quality at their disposal to be higher up in the table.

He said: “I think we can do something good this season. I played against Rovers with West Ham and it was tough. We have a good team and done well in the last three matches and we have to keep it going.”

Ilunga, who first learned of Rovers interest 10 days ago, added: “I just want to do the best I can.”

Saunders insists Ilunga will cost Rovers “hardly anything” in wages and has thanked the Hammers for agreeing to the deal.

The former Welsh international, who has secured seven points from a possible nine since succeeding Sean O’Driscoll said: “He is a class player and we have managed to get him for next to nothing.

“We can’t afford to bring him for the whole season. What we have managed to get him here for is unbelievable. I’ve used my contacts and I would like to thank West Ham for letting us have him for a sixth of his wages. He is earning a lot less than the players who are here. ”

Saunders has rejected claims Rovers have approached former Real Madrid player Mahamadou Diarra or West Ham forward Frederic Piquionne, stressing: “I have not spoken to them. There are all sorts of different names coming out the woodwork but there is nothing on the cards.”

He said he plans on giving most of his first-team players a run-out in today’s behind closed doors practice match with Manchester United.

from Sheffield Star...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 8 Oct - 5:15:38

I'm excited about this player in particular, he gave a very good account of himself and his aims for the future on FH tonight. cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 8 Oct - 6:24:07

hoolahoop wrote:I'm excited about this player in particular, he gave a very good account of himself and his aims for the future on FH tonight. cheers

Yeah got to admit this is the one who come bring something to the party...says he would have been more then happy to have signed for the season...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 8 Oct - 6:26:05

Can not understand though on FH tonight he wanted to sign for the season but we did not want him to because of cost but i though West Ham was paying most of his wage
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 8 Oct - 6:27:56

pkt_drfc wrote:Can not understand though on FH tonight he wanted to sign for the season but we did not want him to because of cost but i though West Ham was paying most of his wage

It will be cost, he would have signed but would have needed westham to have stumped up the cash , maybe they still will..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 8 Oct - 6:30:11

Yea but if a contract has to be drawn up a New one does that not cost. scratch
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 6 Jan - 2:21:37

Gone Back to WHU but Rovers going to try and renew loan
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedJ Fri 6 Jan - 4:42:08

please God no.. Laughing
RedJ
RedJ
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 6 Jan - 8:59:25

Massive loss, he was just starting to play better too! Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Fri 6 Jan - 9:04:35

Its only a loss because of Spurr and Friend being injured - I'm still not impressed but we need a left back regardless of quality

Apparently WHU are a bit short on cover so I'm not holding my breath
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 6 Jan - 9:09:28

hoolahoop wrote:Massive loss, he was just starting to play better too! Cool

One swallow does not a summer bring...he had a good game on Monday but has been pretty average prior to that...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down