The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Heaven

5 posters

Go down

Football Heaven Empty Football Heaven

Post by yorkie64red Thu 6 Oct - 23:12:06

Sounds like it is going to be a victim of the BBC cuts, sounds like there is going to be one programme on a tuesday night and thats it...not sure what will happen to match coverage but it looks like we won't be having any...seems that they are going to concentrate on early morning upto 3pm after which it will be national coverage...thats me done with it then..hopefully Hallam will have the nouse to fill the hole that is left...weekday nights won't seem the same...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Football Heaven Empty Re: Football Heaven

Post by yorkie64red Fri 14 Oct - 4:47:39

Seth on dee daa just talking about the changes likely to take place on local radio...one of these changes could be that away games are only covered by the local radio station...for instance when we play leeds at elland road the coverage will be from BBC Leeds...no coveraage from BBC Sheffield...anyone who is not happy with what is happening to local radio can make there feelings known by visiting the BBC Trust website..for me what they are proposing will kill local radio for good...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 14 Oct - 4:57:08

yorkie64red wrote:Seth on dee daa just talking about the changes likely to take place on local radio...one of these changes could be that away games are only covered by the local radio station...for instance when we play leeds at elland road the coverage will be from BBC Leeds...no coveraage from BBC Sheffield...anyone who is not happy with what is happening to local radio can make there feelings known by visiting the BBC Trust website..for me what they are proposing will kill local radio for good...

banned from elland road
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 14 Oct - 4:58:39

LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 wrote:

banned from elland road

Won't be any coverage then in anycase...suppose it all depends if papa smurf is still breathing...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Fri 14 Oct - 5:04:16

For a long time now ive said BBC RADIO SHEFFIELD is a load of bollox, it should be called BBC South Yorkshire Radio. as the biggest county we should have the right to a Radio station that serves the hole of Yorkshire on a level par but it don't so it can die for me fuck it
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 14 Oct - 5:10:37

NIGHTMARE wrote:For a long time now ive said BBC RADIO SHEFFIELD is a load of bollox, it should be called BBC South Yorkshire Radio. as the biggest county we should have the right to a Radio station that serves the hole of Yorkshire on a level par but it don't so it can die for me fuck it

I agree about the name change...but it would be a shame if it became a part time station..in times like the floods it was very useful..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 14 Oct - 6:26:04

NIGHTMARE wrote:For a long time now ive said BBC RADIO SHEFFIELD is a load of bollox, it should be called BBC South Yorkshire Radio. as the biggest county we should have the right to a Radio station that serves the hole of Yorkshire on a level par but it don't so it can die for me fuck it

I vote this post of the day. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 14 Oct - 7:30:09

Don't let it die, it needs to transform into Radio South Yorkshire.
Don't forget the local radio stations were set up in the late 60's and basically they were Radio Sheffield, York, Leeds, Lincoln etc all the major cities of the time, it was unheard of for somewhere like Donny or Barnsley to have/want local radio basically we were quite happy with what we were given!!! and funnily enough I made more recordings for Radio Leeds than I did for Radio Sheffield ( see previous posts about previous lifes Wink )
But they can get stuffed with the idea of BBC Radio Yorkshire I don't give a stuff whats going off in Leeds or York but I do give a stuff whats happening in Donny Barnsley Sheffield and Rotherham and I suppose Thorne ( if anything happens there Smile )
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 14 Oct - 7:36:12

Dagenham Rover wrote:Don't let it die, it needs to transform into Radio South Yorkshire.
Don't forget the local radio stations were set up in the late 60's and basically they were Radio Sheffield, York, Leeds, Lincoln etc all the major cities of the time, it was unheard of for somewhere like Donny or Barnsley to have/want local radio basically we were quite happy with what we were given!!! and funnily enough I made more recordings for Radio Leeds than I did for Radio Sheffield ( see previous posts about previous lifes Wink )
But they can get stuffed with the idea of BBC Radio Yorkshire I don't give a stuff whats going off in Leeds or York but I do give a stuff whats happening in Donny Barnsley Sheffield and Rotherham and I suppose Thorne ( if anything happens there Smile )

earlier this year they had a slot in the afternoon when Sheffield went over to BBC Leeds for a trial...it was obviously all Leeds , hated it...we need to preserve local radio as it is make it better by all means but don't let them turn it into a radio version of Look Leeds..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 14 Oct - 8:28:58

yorkie64red wrote:

earlier this year they had a slot in the afternoon when Sheffield went over to BBC Leeds for a trial...it was obviously all Leeds , hated it...we need to preserve local radio as it is make it better by all means but don't let them turn it into a radio version of Look Leeds..

Yep i heard it, it was crap.
But it does need to modernise but NOT yorkshirewide, to they people running the bbc Leeds is only 35 miles up the road they don't realise it is a different planet to us.
As I say I think Radio Sheffield has to evolve into Radio South Yorkshire that covers Sheffield, Rotherham Barnsley Doncaster throughout ALL programmining not just footie, the Sheffield bias runs through everything
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down