The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Woods

2 posters

Go down

Gary Woods Empty Gary Woods

Post by yorkie64red Thu 27 Oct - 20:17:41

YOUNG Doncaster Rovers’ keeper Gary Woods is keen to prove to manager Dean Saunders that he has a safe pair of hands.

The 20 year-old was named the club’s No 1 keeper at the start of the season by the then boss Sean O’Driscoll after grabbing his chance to impress when Neil Sullivan was injured in the second half of last season.

But he couldn’t even make the bench for the last home game against Leeds United following the arrival of former England keeper Chris Kirkland on loan.

He is currently on the sidelines after picking up a shoulder injury ten days ago.

“I fell awkwardly when diving in training,” he told The Star.

“Had I not picked up the injury I could have been involved at Blackpool last Tuesday as a result of Chris going back to Wigan with a back problem” he said, “Fortunately my injury isn’t as bad as first thought and I hope to be back playing again soon.”

Woods started the season in the team but was relegated to the bench for the game at Reading, which proved to be O’Driscoll’s last match in charge.

“I was disappointed because personally I didn’t think that I’d done anything wrong apart from the goal against Forest,” he said. “I think it was one of those situations where the team was losing games and the manager decided to go for experience.

“The new manager came in before the next game and he played the majority of the same players for his first game in charge. We won that and picked up seven points from our first three games so he wasn’t going to change things.

“The manager brought Chris in on loan and Neil dropped to the bench and I wasn’t even in the squad, It’s just me and Sully again when I’m fit and hopefully I’ll be pushing him to try and get my shirt back.

“I know that it won’t be easy because even though we’ve lost the last couple of games, Neil has still played well. But you’d expect him to still make saves; he still looks after himself so it’s no surprise that when he’s called upon he does well.

“We get on and we work well together in training but obviously we are both competing for the same shirt. But whoever gets in the team we don’t fall out about it.

Woods is anxious to see Rovers climb out of the relegation zone,

He says:“ I think we’ve got enough quality and obviously the manager is adding players, to climb the league.”

from Doncaster free press
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Gary Woods Empty Re: Gary Woods

Post by hoolahoop Fri 28 Oct - 6:15:15

lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down