The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Pires

5 posters

Go down

Robert Pires Empty Robert Pires

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 13 Nov - 20:29:08

App we are being linked with him so he can continue his career in England at 38 will he still be any good ?.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Robert Pires Empty Re: Robert Pires

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 13 Nov - 20:39:01

and this one posted on 606

comment by Extra Time Spike (U3132)

posted 2 days, 19 hours ago

If your interested, McKay is talking to Olivier Kapo, French international left winger.
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 14 Nov - 20:59:45

Doncaster Rovers have failed in an audacious bid to sign former Arsenal star Robert Pires. News of Rovers' interest emerged over the weekend, but the player has rejected such a move, saying on his Twitter site: 'Doncaster people called me! 'I am happy they think I can help them but it's not in my plan to play there.'
The former French international has not played professional football since playing for Aston Villa last season, but he clearly does not see Rovers as part of his way back into playing and has been reported to be considering offers from Russia and Qatar.

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by RedJ Tue 15 Nov - 11:43:41

I have to say, stood on the old Pop Side all them years ago, never thought little old Donneh would be linked with the likes of Pires.

I do miss the days when you could have banter with the ref, but wouldn't change now for the world.
RedJ
RedJ
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Wed 16 Nov - 1:46:33

I dont want Robert Pires at Doncaster Rovers because he is too old & slow
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Fri 18 Nov - 2:39:08

Doncaster were not close to signing former Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires, according to manager Dean Saunders.

The 38-year-old World Cup and European Championships winner has been without a club since his summer release from Aston Villa and revealed on his Twitter account that he rejected a move to Rovers, who have adopted a bold new transfer policy in recent weeks.

Pires tweeted: "I am happy they think I can help them but it's not in my plan to play there."

But Saunders insists a deal was never on the cards.

"I never spoke to him," he said. "Someone asked him if he'd be interested and he said no, I never got round to talking to him."

Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down