The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nine wins the Target

5 posters

Go down

Nine wins the Target Empty Nine wins the Target

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 Nov - 20:30:14

Doncaster Rovers boss Dean Saunders is setting his players the target of nine wins from their remaining twenty-nine games to avoid relegation.

Rovers are currently bottom of the championship with just twelve points from seventeen games and Saunders believes another nine wins, as well as a few draws should be enough to secure safety.

Speaking in the Yorkshire Post, Saunders said, "From the start of the season to the end, you have to win 12 games. That gets you 36 points and if you pick up a few draws that is enough. You stay in the league.

Saunders his hoping that Rovers can start to climb away from the relegation zone with two games in four days coming up against sides in the bottom six in the championship. "We have won three so there is still a long way to go but by 10 O`clock on Tuesday night we might be in a good position. "If we win on Saturday and beat Millwall, we might step in front of them or be level on points," he continued.

Rovers will be hoping to bounce back from a poor performance against Barnsley last time out and Saunders will welcome new signings Habib Beye, Herold Goulon and Marc-Antoine Fortune into the squad.

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=263692#ixzz1ennSuffV
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Nine wins the Target Empty Re: Nine wins the Target

Post by SPROTYROVER Sat 26 Nov - 21:18:51

yorkie64red wrote:Doncaster Rovers boss Dean Saunders is setting his players the target of nine wins from their remaining twenty-nine games to avoid relegation.

Rovers are currently bottom of the championship with just twelve points from seventeen games and Saunders believes another nine wins, as well as a few draws should be enough to secure safety.

Speaking in the Yorkshire Post, Saunders said, "From the start of the season to the end, you have to win 12 games. That gets you 36 points and if you pick up a few draws that is enough. You stay in the league.

Saunders his hoping that Rovers can start to climb away from the relegation zone with two games in four days coming up against sides in the bottom six in the championship. "We have won three so there is still a long way to go but by 10 O`clock on Tuesday night we might be in a good position. "If we win on Saturday and beat Millwall, we might step in front of them or be level on points," he continued.

Rovers will be hoping to bounce back from a poor performance against Barnsley last time out and Saunders will welcome new signings Habib Beye, Herold Goulon and Marc-Antoine Fortune into the squad.

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=263692#ixzz1ennSuffV

24 Wins is a better target Smile

SPROTYROVER
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Nov - 5:11:05

Can we start the season off all over again please!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Nov - 8:12:49

hoolahoop wrote:Can we start the season off all over again please!!

Wish we could and i still firmly believe but for that twat Dunk we would be in atotally different position then we find ourselves today...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 27 Nov - 8:14:30

So you think SOD would have still been in charge then if it was not for him?
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Nov - 8:16:35

pkt_drfc wrote:So you think SOD would have still been in charge then if it was not for him?

I saw the heart been ripped out of the team at Brighton, would Sod have still been with us i don't know, but we would have won that game of that i am sure...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 27 Nov - 9:04:17

yorkie64red wrote:

I saw the heart been ripped out of the team at Brighton, would Sod have still been with us i don't know, but we would have won that game of that i am sure...

Totally agree, that game caused so much damage to our club as did the subsequent games where we lost Mason and others. I can't believe I'm still seething about this match after all these months. Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 27 Nov - 9:17:18

I think Brighton ruined everything for us too, we didn't look like losing that match and things should have continued to be very different but if the intention to lower the wage bill and bring McKay in (and its not a go at him) then Brighton only hastened what was always going to happen. Dunk is still a prat of the highest order and I hope one of our new large signings teaches him a thing or two if they're still with us in January

I think Saunders needs to improve his maths, 9 wins would give you 27 points which would put us on 40, yes 43 points would have kept you up last season but its usually higher than that. I'd be saying 12 wins on top of what have now and some draws

Mind you in his pre-match interview on Thursday he kept saying we were playing on Friday so he doesnt know what day of the week it is let alone how many points we need
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down