The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southampton next up...

+5
the vicar
Dagenham Rover
Dr Fundlekrotch
VixDRFC
yorkie64red
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Southampton next up... Empty Southampton next up...

Post by yorkie64red Thu 1 Dec - 7:40:49

Well what are peoples thoughts on this Saturdays game against Southampton...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Southampton next up... Empty Re: Southampton next up...

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Dec - 7:46:09

I don't think you want to know No
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Fundlekrotch Thu 1 Dec - 8:27:11

Hope for a win...expect a loss. Could be surprised.

Same feelings as before about 85% of matches I've seen since '76
Dr Fundlekrotch
Dr Fundlekrotch
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 1 Dec - 9:47:14

I've a strange feeling we are going to pull it out of the bag
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 1 Dec - 9:53:01

12-0 down at half time if we dont get some bodies back or some more bodies in

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 1 Dec - 10:30:13

the vicar wrote:12-0 down at half time if we dont get some bodies back or some more bodies in

Have you heard anything about one of our exisiting players signing a new deal and someone new coming in this week Vicar....Paul Goodwin from the Free press reckons something is going to happen according to his twitter feed...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 1 Dec - 10:33:39

Apparently Beye, Goulon and Friend all could be fit

Top against bottom - having said that I don['t think Adkins will under-estimate us. Which is a bugger lol
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 1 Dec - 21:16:14

no but it could be bolo zenden

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 1 Dec - 21:19:14

[quote="the vicar"]no but it could be bolo zenden[/quo

suppose we should find out today if anyone is been brought in..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 1 Dec - 21:19:30

Andy Haines will be the man in charge when Southampton are the visitors to the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday to face Doncaster Rovers.

The northeast official has taken charge of 18 games so far this season, showing 47 yellow cards and 2 reds.

Last season he took charge of 32 games, showing 90 yellow cards and 3 reds.

The last time he took charge of Doncaster was last season when they were beaten 2-0 at home by Portsmouth.

His last game in charge of Southampton was during the 2009/10 season when they were beaten 3-1 at Huddersfield Town.

Referee: Andy Haines (Tyne & Wear)
Assistants: Darren Markham & Iain Siddall
Fourth Official: Bob Roberts

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264300#ixzz1fHE71ap4
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 1 Dec - 21:27:24

THE last time Doncaster Rovers played Southampton - back in the 2008-09 campaign at St Mary’s - midfielder Simon Gillett was an unused substitute on the Saints’ bench.

Rovers won 2-1 on that occasion and Gillett, now an established regular in the Doncaster side, doesn’t rule out a similar result in Saturday’s clash at the Keepmoat Stadium - even though it’s a top-versus-bottom clash.

“We may be struggling but we’ll be striving to try and get a win and we’ll be giving it everything,” said Gillett, who joined Rovers on a permanent basis in after a successful spell on loan 18 months ago.

“With Southampton being my former club it’s a game I have been looking forward to ever since the fixtures came out in the summer.

“They have a couple of lads that I keep in touch with - Kelvin Davis and Adam Lallana - but I know most of their squad to be honest because there haven’t been that many changes since I left.”

Saints will check in at the Keepmoat two points clear at the top of the Championship having equalled Liverpool’s post-war record of 21 successive home wins after coming from behind to beat Hull City 2-1 in midweek

“They’ve not surprised me how well they have done to be honest,” said Gillett, who can see them emulating Norwich’s feat of back-to-back promotions.

“After many years of problems behind the scenes they’ve now got a solid board and they’ve got plenty of money behind them and a big fan base and a great stadium,” he said. “It’s a Premier Division club in all but name.

“The facilities are top notch and they are re-building their training ground so I imagine that they’ll go from strength to strength.

“I think manager Nigel Adkins is a well respected coach and he’s obviously gone down there and put his ideas across.

“I’ve spoken to several players and they enjoy him being down there and they like the way he works and Saints are reaping their rewards on the pitch.

“I think they’ll come here and have a go at us; I think that they do that against everyone.

“They’ve got a lot of attacking players including striker Ricky Lambert. He’s got 14 goals and he’s a threat from set-pieces as well as from open play. “Lallana (who has seven goals) is key to everything they do.

“They’ve got a good attacking system and will cause us problems but we kept a clean sheet in our last home game and we’ll be looking to do more of that in future home games.

“We had a disappointing result at Millwall in midweek. We would probably have settled for a draw on the night but we had gone there to win.

“The position that we are in we can’t afford to lose games’ we need to pick up points and build momentum.”

Gillett dispelled fans’ fears that the influx of players on short-term contracts has had an adverse effect on team spirit.

“The team spirit is still good,” he insists.

“The lads who have come in on loan have been made welcome by those who were already here and they’ve all fitted in well.

“There have never been any cliques whilst I’ve been here. We are open and we talk to each other. The new players who come in are looking to conform to that way of thinking as well.”

Rovers’ boss Dean Saunders will be checking on Habib Beye and Herold Goulon, who both came off in the second half of the Millwall game, at today’s training session, as well as skipper George Friend who has missed the last two games with an ankle injury.

Rovers will again be without centre-back Adam Lockwood, who completes a three-match ban following his red card in the game at Oakwell.

Rovers have decided to introduce a half season ticket covering the last 12 home games of the season starting with the visit of local rivals Barnsley on January 2.

The new tickets will cost: adults (£264), concessions (£204), 17-20 year olds (£144), 12-16 year olds (£40) and 11 and Under (£20).

The new tickets, which club officials hope will prove popular over the festive period, are now on sale at the ground.

The club have revealed that they paid out £152,096 to licensed agents between October 1, 2010 and September 30, 2011.

The figure includes all payments made to agents including payments made on behalf of contracted players.

from South Yorkshire times...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 2 Dec - 7:56:38

I can see a win here, don't know why and it's a ridiculous thought but I have a feeling about this one.
Score first and we win.............. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 2 Dec - 20:41:01

there top striker could be out as well

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 3 Dec - 0:43:02

the vicar wrote:there top striker could be out as well

Lets hope so.. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Sat 3 Dec - 3:40:41

yorkie64red wrote:

Lets hope so.. Smile
yes thats ok but they only have 4 more just as good lol

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 3 Dec - 4:33:11

the vicar wrote:yes thats ok but they only have 4 more just as good lol

Greedy buggers
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 3 Dec - 20:05:45

No feeling confident at all i am afraid a LOSS is on the cards today. Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 3 Dec - 21:08:02

pkt_drfc wrote:No feeling confident at all i am afraid a LOSS is on the cards today. Sad

A win today Pete against the odds, Rovers have fought and won against the odds for years today will be no exception. Somehow our lads and our fans do come good but what little support we have today will have to be awesome, patient and at times forgiving. The inclusion (out of necessity) of Ilunga is my biggest fear today however, he is as slack as fook. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 4 Dec - 7:24:16

Brilliant performance today from the lads, a team effort and we got a well deserved win..just need to carry that on now...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Dec - 9:44:47

hoolahoop wrote:I can see a win here, don't know why and it's a ridiculous thought but I have a feeling about this one.
Score first and we win.............. Wink

Told you . Cool We've just beaten the 19th. highest team in England and they're whingeing like babies on their fora. Basketball Basketball Basketball
RTID
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 4 Dec - 9:58:48

Yep just been reading there comments we had nothing according to there fans we got a lucky break and a goal app we are rubbish and you know the rest the usual shite comments
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 4 Dec - 10:04:27

But a few of them are wondering why they haven't got Beye on loan lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Dec - 10:06:55

Pathetic we usually give credit where credit's due fook'em all. Apparently they lost because they had Lambert out.........Jeez they need to see how many we have out injured.
Shit club and fans always have been.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 4 Dec - 10:08:35

VixDRFC wrote:But a few of them are wondering why they haven't got Beye on loan lol!

Yep spotted that , perhaps it's because they're not as big as they would like to think they are eh Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyVercetti Sun 4 Dec - 12:40:18

It was an enjoyable game and a great performance against a good team. It was good to see true battling qualities that we've been missing for a while making us hard to beat. Hopefully this will serve us well in the coming months if we can build on today's result.

I can't say I've ever been too fond of Southampton so it's nice to beat them. They can't make excuses about injuries, we've got loads of players out including Diouf, who is arguably one of the best players in the league.
TommyVercetti
TommyVercetti
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next