The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Woods

+3
hoolahoop
Dagenham Rover
yorkie64red
7 posters

Go down

Martin Woods Empty Martin Woods

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 Nov - 19:33:25

On Dee Daa last night a caller rang in to say that Woods had cost us points at Newcastle which he must mean him missing the Penalty and yesterday by getting sent off, and also at Scunthorpe where i think he was responsible for giving away the penalty, is woodsy becoming a bit of a loose cannon and costing us points, i think the guy has come on leaps and bounds and is a great player to have in the side, does anyone know what he did to get sent off yesterday , at least it was 2 yellows and not a straight red.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Martin Woods Empty Re: Martin Woods

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 8 Nov - 20:22:45

Listening to the radio yesterday it seemed the ref forgot he had already booked him, as the red wasn't shown untill the Plymouth players pointed out it was a 2nd yellow.
A very harsh yellow in poor conditions by all accounts, I got the impression that had the ref realised he'd already been booked Woodsy wouldn't have got a second yellow for that challenge
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 8 Nov - 20:27:47

Dagenham Rover wrote:Listening to the radio yesterday it seemed the ref forgot he had already booked him, as the red wasn't shown untill the Plymouth players pointed out it was a 2nd yellow.
A very harsh yellow in poor conditions by all accounts, I got the impression that had the ref realised he'd already been booked Woodsy wouldn't have got a second yellow for that challenge

Thanks for that, just our look. Martin Woods Icon_mad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 8 Nov - 21:47:53

yorkie64red wrote:

Thanks for that, just our look. Martin Woods Icon_mad

From listening to it , I got the same impression as Daggers!! As for a 'loose cannon', yes things haven't always gone right for him this season but overall he is developing into a very good player.
The conditions were miserable by all accounts and we faded badly in the second half . We are now in a very serious position as are all the Yorkshire clubs, ok you might say I should only be bothered about my own team but I am a Yorkshireman and I hate to see the situation we all find ourselves in.
Hull aren't good enough for the Premiership, Boro' appear to be in a temporary 'freefall', Wednesday, Rovers and United can't buy a win ; only Barnsley seem to have a resurgence but that may be just temporary. We ALL have to get our acts together!! Sad Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sun 8 Nov - 22:05:22

Just another tosser with a big mouth on FH. Without Woods we are a poorer team, he has developed into a real star and will be the replacement for Stock when he moves on, if he isn't already! There is always a silver lining, we were a bit unlucky with the refs decision yesterday, without the sending off I was sure we were going to pull it off in the second half, even with ten we were the dominant team. Better than last year at this stage and with Nottingham Forest away coming up on Nov 28th anything could happen! Keep smiling lads and lasses, we are Rovers 'til we die after all!!!!! lol! lol! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Mon 9 Nov - 1:15:18

yeah like i said on the VSC, woodsy would be in my team every week. when all is said and done, a player who covers pretty much all of the pitch in a match is bound to be involved in "issues" more so than someone who doesn't. do i think he's cost us points? no.

players miss penalties, players give away penalties, teams with 10 men can beat 11, thats football. blaming our current captain for any of it is a joke IMO.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Nov - 4:18:55

So who does everyone think will get the Captains armband while Woodsy is suspended, How about Oster Martin Woods Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 9 Nov - 5:37:00

Gillet looks a good leader always helping out when we need it. Martin Woods Icon_smile
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 9 Nov - 6:47:00

roversboy4lyf wrote:Gillet looks a good leader always helping out when we need it. Martin Woods Icon_smile

Good call, he would make a good captain, more's the worry what's superspy doing on the VSC ? Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Nov - 7:30:26

hoolahoop wrote:

Good call, he would make a good captain, more's the worry what's superspy doing on the VSC ? Martin Woods Icon_lol Martin Woods Icon_lol

Spying, he will be back to tell us all the news, either that or he's a double agent and spilling the beans about this place.. Martin Woods Affraid Martin Woods Lol
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 10 Nov - 10:56:26

I just think some "supporters" are looking for a scapegoat and with Lewis not starting they have to find someone Evil or Very Mad

Apparently Woods suffered a broken nose in the first half yesterday - it really wasn't his day, was it?
here
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 10 Nov - 12:02:44

oi ya cheeky basts, i go on both forums :p

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down