The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions!

+4
The Wednesday
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
RedNinja
8 posters

Go down

Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Empty Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions!

Post by RedNinja Mon 9 Nov - 2:51:34

So what do we all think the result is going to be? With us in our so called "honeymoon period" (As Sheff Utd call it) and Sheff Utd in bad form at the moment, I can see us snatching it 2-1.

Any more predictions? The one who gets it right earns a cookie. Smile
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Empty Re: Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions!

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Nov - 3:07:23

RedNinja wrote:So what do we all think the result is going to be? With us in our so called "honeymoon period" (As Sheff Utd call it) and Sheff Utd in bad form at the moment, I can see us snatching it 2-1.

Any more predictions? The one who gets it right earns a cookie. Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Icon_smile

I would go for that as well, i certainly think a win for you guys is on the cards , 2 - 1 ,just wish i was not on afters it would have been a great night in the pub watching that one Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Icon_biggrin
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Empty Re: Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions!

Post by hoolahoop Mon 9 Nov - 7:18:22

yorkie64red wrote:

I would go for that as well, i certainly think a win for you guys is on the cards , 2 - 1 ,just wish i was not on afters it would have been a great night in the pub watching that one Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Icon_biggrin
I can see a 'bad-tempered' 1-1, hope it doesn't kick-off on and off the pitch.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Mon 9 Nov - 7:23:36

Barnsley 4-1 United

Come on dingles.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Mon 9 Nov - 7:27:05

I predict a bad tempered draw too, but since Hoola has already got 1-1, I'll have to go for 2-2 Cool
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Tue 10 Nov - 1:52:26

3 - 0 easy days COME ON TARN!!!! If we get an early goal who knows what the score could be

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 10 Nov - 2:37:36

it wont be easy i can tell you that much

i think we could get turned over 1-2
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Tue 10 Nov - 2:42:13

Have some faith lad, were a decent side and there on a sh1te run...i know form book goes out of window like.

COME ON TARN

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 10 Nov - 6:20:47

Dale BFC wrote:Have some faith lad, were a decent side and there on a sh1te run...i know form book goes out of window like.

COME ON TARN

R+R

Yes you are now a decent side, the game will be won in midfield and I think you probably have the edge there.
Cut the supply to Henderson and if Darren Moore is on his game you should win providing you take your opportunities in front of goal.
Still see 1-1 though .......enjoy the game and no fatin. If you're gunna fate mek sure you win!!
Is the game being streamed anywhere decent lads ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Tue 10 Nov - 10:36:29

FevTyke wrote:I predict a bad tempered draw too, but since Hoola has already got 1-1, I'll have to go for 2-2 Cool

Congratulations FevTyke, you have won the cookie! .... That I accidently ate on the way home from the match, ah well. lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 10 Nov - 10:39:32

RedNinja wrote:

Congratulations FevTyke, you have won the cookie! .... That I accidently ate on the way home from the match, ah well. lol!

That takes the biscuit!! Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Tue 10 Nov - 11:03:54

Ah well, at least I can console myself with the fact that I called it right... No
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 10 Nov - 19:54:11

Blackwell lives to see another day, got to say you were very very unlucky, i have only seen the first half hour but from what i saw they were under the cosh and were struggling, they must be a very relieved team and yours a disappointed one. Barnsley VS Sheffield United Predictions! Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Wed 11 Nov - 6:57:33

Battered them tbh, could have easily been 5 - 0 and thats just the chances that any striker SHOULD score. They were chuffed to bits with the scoreline but when their £3 million striker probably cost more than our entire squad you'd expect them to be taking all 3.

I really think they will struggle....i know they had players out but they will not go up this season. If it wasnt for the 5 mill a season off west haaaam then they would be well and truly fooooked.

We played well though and at least we got something out of the game YOU REDS

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 11 Nov - 7:54:16

Dale BFC wrote:Battered them tbh, could have easily been 5 - 0 and thats just the chances that any striker SHOULD score. They were chuffed to bits with the scoreline but when their £3 million striker probably cost more than our entire squad you'd expect them to be taking all 3.

I really think they will struggle....i know they had players out but they will not go up this season. If it wasnt for the 5 mill a season off west haaaam then they would be well and truly fooooked.

We played well though and at least we got something out of the game YOU REDS

R+R

I think the Blunts did really well considering they have the smallest squad, most injuries, worst away followings etc .............blah blah bleat bleat bleat, big team big team, full of shite etc!!
5-0 were you pissed Dale, you didn't carve out fully 5 chances but you played well and yes they were both penalties.The first one would have been given 70% of the time, the second 99%. Some of your lads were arguing that neither were!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Wed 11 Nov - 8:49:09

The 2 goals....Mackens chance just after we scored to go 1 up, Mackens header over the bar that was going in anyway and their lad headed onto his own post/crossbar....that makes 5 Hoola lad not counting the amout of half chances we had....did you even watch it? or blink for an extended period of time when we were going forward? Laughing

Then pens...my Arsenal supporting mate text me saying it was no way a pen and steele got a full hand to the ball and that the ref was ruling the game. Im undecided about the pens (not seen them close up) i have no real complaints but plenty did so to me that seems that neither were stonewall

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 11 Nov - 9:00:17

I had doubts about the first pen, thought Steele got to the ball, the 2nd one seemed more clear cut. I didn't count either team's chances but just watching the game it seemed definitely Barnsley in charge.

I can't see Sheff Utd getting close to playoffs this season unless something changes. But remember their £3M striker only cost that when they were on the up, now they're slipping and he's not scoring he didn't cost that much Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Wed 11 Nov - 9:03:47

VixDRFC wrote:I had doubts about the first pen, thought Steele got to the ball, the 2nd one seemed more clear cut. I didn't count either team's chances but just watching the game it seemed definitely Barnsley in charge.

I can't see Sheff Utd getting close to playoffs this season unless something changes. But remember their £3M striker only cost that when they were on the up, now they're slipping and he's not scoring he didn't cost that much Wink

Ahh, forgot about all the add on clause ballax. We were on top and should have been out of sight...but thats football and we didn't take our chances.....we played well and i was very happy with our performance. Smile

Steele didnt have a save to make and if it wasn't for the pens (whether they were on wern't) i doubt they would have scored.

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 11 Nov - 9:29:56

Dale BFC wrote:The 2 goals....Mackens chance just after we scored to go 1 up, Mackens header over the bar that was going in anyway and their lad headed onto his own post/crossbar....that makes 5 Hoola lad not counting the amout of half chances we had....did you even watch it? or blink for an extended period of time when we were going forward? Laughing

Then pens...my Arsenal supporting mate text me saying it was no way a pen and steele got a full hand to the ball and that the ref was ruling the game. Im undecided about the pens (not seen them close up) i have no real complaints but plenty did so to me that seems that neither were stonewall

R+R

Yes watched every minute of it in an unbiased way, in close up. Wouldn't it be refreshing if you thought the same way, I made it 3 really good chances.The 2 Macken one's were missed fella not cleared off the line after a melee.........they were misses. There lad hitting the post, sorry fella that's what it's there for and you didn't cause it.
I can honestly say that I wanted you to rip them apart, they were shite and they made you look good. Their defensive nounce was non-existant, their desire to chase for a ball was a disgrace and most of all their manager's decision to keep an obviously injured player on the pitch inexcusable. There is a fourth the fact that their supporters couldn't be bothered to turn up in any numbers.........big club ffs!!!
As for the penalties I and others called them both immediately, especially the second one.........stonewall fella.
Great to see you playing good footy and the contrast with the Blunts couldn't have been more obvious.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Wed 11 Nov - 9:33:11

Yes...obviously they were misses...if they had hit the back of the net they would have been goals...hence the term 'chance'. I know we didnt cause it...but do you chalk off own goals? Come on Hoola.

Aye thats it...they must have made us look good

PS: Didn't you bring up when you hit the bar against us? (might have been the game last season before and another Pikey fan)

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 11 Nov - 9:42:30

Dale BFC wrote:Yes...obviously they were misses...if they had hit the back of the net they would have been goals...hence the term 'chance'. I know we didnt cause it...but do you chalk off own goals? Come on Hoola.

Aye thats it...they must have made us look good

R+R

When you're so biased , there's no need to be having 'hissy fits' because all and sundry don't agree with you. I know what a fookin goal is toerag try being a little more open to debate eh?
You were good very good and I can't pretend just for your vanity that they were anything else than piss poor sorry fella.
I have talked to Blunts that were at the game and quite frankly they were ashamed at their lack of ambition in the game, I have also heard others on P & G that thought they played well under the circumstances they found themselves in with injuries, thin squads etc. but I'm not buying that one. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Wed 11 Nov - 9:48:07

hoolahoop wrote:

When you're so biased , there's no need to be having 'hissy fits' because all and sundry don't agree with you. I know what a fookin goal is toerag try being a little more open to debate eh?
You were good very good and I can't pretend just for your vanity that they were anything else than piss poor sorry fella.
I have talked to Blunts that were at the game and quite frankly they were ashamed at their lack of ambition in the game, I have also heard others on P & G that thought they played well under the circumstances they found themselves in with injuries, thin squads etc. but I'm not buying that one. Wink

Laughing You don't always get like this when someone makes a point do you son? I call things as i see them and if we had scored 5 i would not have been thinking we were lucky. If you want a list of games this season were i thought we were w@nk i will tell you.

I just didn't understand you saying we didnt carve 5 chances, then i explained were we did and you disregarded us missing the target as not a chance.

Edit: lol! at the toerag and 'hissy fit' comments

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 11 Nov - 9:59:27

hoolahoop wrote:

Only because you see the away team score them
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Wed 11 Nov - 10:00:54

Haha, well in Nightmare...Nicely timed Laughing

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 11 Nov - 10:02:44

Nightmare wrote:

Only because you see the away team score them

lol! lol! lol! lol! Good to see you supporting your bro' and highlighting my anger at the pisstek from Dale. I must be spending £1000 p.a. watching the wrong game. Have your dig now you won't have too long to get those punches in !!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down