The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogs

+3
Dagenham Rover
NorthRed
pkt_drfc
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dogs  Empty Dogs

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 6 Mar - 1:53:16

Think i am going to get a puppy in the close season. Thinking of getting a Siberian Husky

Dogs  Siberian-husky-dog1
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Dogs  Empty Re: Dogs

Post by NorthRed Tue 6 Mar - 2:18:51

My sister has a malamute, very big dog that craves attention and hates hot/warm weather. Cost a fortune to buy to. I would'nt have a pedigree ever. There shit. My heinz 57 is 11 and still going strong. All my mates that have had pedigrees don't have them now their dead!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 6 Mar - 2:22:43

These live up to 15-16 years i know what you mean by pedigree Pedigree is not important to me
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 6 Mar - 4:14:00

It loves attention my sisters malamute but its a good dog..... It sings along with the ice cream van too which makes most of the street laugh!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 6 Mar - 4:19:39

Weve got a retired greyhound from Sheffield and a golden Lab
the greyhounds 11 now weve had him since he retired at 5 a terrific laid back couch potato that contrary to what you might think doesn't need lots of walks
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 6 Mar - 6:02:36

pkt_drfc wrote:Think i am going to get a puppy in the close season. Thinking of getting a Siberian Husky

Dogs  Siberian-husky-dog1

How the hell are you going to afford to keep that sort of dog let alone buy it in the first place ? I think I'm going to give up work. Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 6 Mar - 6:15:05

hoolahoop wrote:

How the hell are you going to afford to keep that sort of dog let alone buy it in the first place ? I think I'm going to give up work. Shocked

Well Not that it is of anyones Business but i have got £1187 from investment was has come to througition which has allowed me to buy my Season Ticket and a Dog in the close season. scratch
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 6 Mar - 6:37:31

NorthRed wrote:My sister has a malamute, very big dog that craves attention and hates hot/warm weather. Cost a fortune to buy to. I would'nt have a pedigree ever. There shit. My heinz 57 is 11 and still going strong. All my mates that have had pedigrees don't have them now their dead!

Not sure about that...i have just lost my German Shepherd and she was 12 years old...a good age for the breed...apart from her innoculations and a bit having her teeth cleaned once she never cost us a penny..infact i will be looking forward going out for walks with my new one when i get her...may have to keep her apart from Petes Siberian Huskie though...you know what Germans and Russsians are like when they get together... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Tue 6 Mar - 7:17:02

Vets 4 pets on Wheatley Hall Road were doing £99 initial and vacinations for life good deal if they are still doing it.

Just checked and they have changed it its now just the annual boosters £99

http://www.vets4pets.com/healthy-pet-special-offers/vac4life/
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 6 Mar - 7:18:16

yorkie64red wrote:

Not sure about that...i have just lost my German Shepherd and she was 12 years old...a good age for the breed...apart from her innoculations and a bit having her teeth cleaned once she never cost us a penny..infact i will be looking forward going out for walks with my new one when i get her...may have to keep her apart from Petes Siberian Huskie though...you know what Germans and Russsians are like when they get together... Laughing

sorry to hear that Dogs  Sad

lass im seeing at the moment nextdoor neighbour has 4 dogs the german sheperd poor thing is blind and struggling to walk at the moment think she's 9 heartbreaking watching it Dogs  Sad
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 6 Mar - 7:24:17

sorry to hear that Dogs  Sad

lass im seeing at the moment nextdoor neighbour has 4 dogs the german sheperd poor thing is blind and struggling to walk at the moment think she's 9 heartbreaking watching it Dogs  Sad[/quote]

Its heartbreaking when you have to say goodbye to them...its about 6 weeks since we had to have her put to sleep...still miss her like hell...but the years of loyalty that they give far outweighs the brief period of time that you grieve for them...with us it was so quick...she was ok on the sunday she looked ill on the monday took her to the vets..he gave her a jab to perk her up which seemed to work..she was ok on the tuesday but by wednesday night she could hardly walk and looked so fed up...took her back to the vets that night and had her put to sleep...looking to get another in april...can't wait the house is so empty ..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 7 Mar - 9:48:33

pkt_drfc wrote:

Well Not that it is of anyones Business but i have got £1187 from investment was has come to througition which has allowed me to buy my Season Ticket and a Dog in the close season. scratch

The question was more rhetorical than accusative , those dogs cost a fortune and have a hefty appetite. What are investments btw , it seem years since my 50+ hr. week has been able to provide such things. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 8 Mar - 7:33:46

If you go for the BARF diet (bones and raw food) which we are thinking about when we get puppy you can feed a 10st adult mastiff for about £1 a day (lass at work does this)

It costs more as a puppy I think because you have to give them more variety. And apparently some people don't like to hear the crunching of raw chicken necks Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 8 Mar - 7:59:04

VixDRFC wrote:If you go for the BARF diet (bones and raw food) which we are thinking about when we get puppy you can feed a 10st adult mastiff for about £1 a day (lass at work does this)

It costs more as a puppy I think because you have to give them more variety. And apparently some people don't like to hear the crunching of raw chicken necks Wink

I've heard of the odd one on here that wouldn't mind if it was covered in breadcrumbs and a few spices Razz
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 8 Mar - 8:03:21

Dagenham Rover wrote:

I've heard of the odd one on here that wouldn't mind if it was covered in breadcrumbs and a few spices Razz

What's you say Grandad. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 8 Mar - 8:15:42

Pete we saw some German Shepard dog x siberian husky puppies online earlier. Looked more husky though
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 8 Mar - 8:16:44

Dagenham Rover wrote:

You can feed them raw chicken wings as well Wink The dogs I mean
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 8 Mar - 8:18:53

Yea thinking of now going for Lab or German Shep because the Husky you can never let off the lead when because they run away
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 8 Mar - 8:19:17

pkt_drfc wrote:

What's you say Grandad. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oi watch it or I'll set Hoola on you ....... I know who he is now Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 8 Mar - 8:20:27

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Oi watch it or I'll set Hoola on you ....... I know who he is now Laughing

I feel sorry for you. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 8 Mar - 8:23:19

pkt_drfc wrote:Yea thinking of now going for Lab or German Shep because the Husky you can never let off the lead when because they run away

My beagles were a bit like that. See a dog 3 fields away and could run 6 miles without stopping. My poor dad never stood a chance lol! I remember him practically chucking my first one through the door after he'd chased him and the dog had a traffic cone as big as itself clamped in its teeth
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 8 Mar - 8:26:09

Try chasing a 40mph greyhound he might be 11 but I still reckon he can do 30 Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Thu 8 Mar - 8:27:24

pkt_drfc wrote:Yea thinking of now going for Lab or German Shep because the Husky you can never let off the lead when because they run away

Plus you wouldnt have a travel problem next time we get 2 foot of snow Wink Just get the sledge out Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 8 Mar - 8:30:54

VixDRFC wrote:

Plus you wouldnt have a travel problem next time we get 2 foot of snow Wink Just get the sledge out Wink

True there is that Laughing Laughing i am leaning more towards the Lab retriever to be honest Can't wait
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 8 Mar - 8:32:27

Dagenham Rover wrote: Try chasing a 40mph greyhound he might be 11 but I still reckon he can do 30 Shocked

I know a Twat chasing with you chasing on a Zimmer hey Daggers. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next