The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Next Up

+6
Red Wizard
hoolahoop
donnyroversfc
Dagenham Rover
yorkie64red
pkt_drfc
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Derby Next Up Empty Derby Next Up

Post by pkt_drfc Thu 15 Mar - 4:00:52

What are peoples thoughts on this one i am going for a Win
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Derby Next Up Empty Re: Derby Next Up

Post by yorkie64red Thu 15 Mar - 4:29:22

Well if we can get a point at westham and another against an inform Reading side then i can't see why we can't get a win...really time is running out and if we want to be plying our trade in the championship next season then this is a game we can't afford to lose...i'm going for a 1-0 win..hopefully results will go our wayand we will get out of the btm three..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 15 Mar - 4:47:42

3-0 Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 15 Mar - 6:26:12

2-0 defeat.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 15 Mar - 7:47:30

donnyroversfc wrote:2-0 defeat.

Of course you would say that! I'm going for a 2-0 win on current form . Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 15 Mar - 8:06:57

hoolahoop wrote:

Of course you would say that! I'm going for a 2-0 win on current form . Cool

And thats supposed to mean?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 15 Mar - 8:35:45

donnyroversfc wrote:2-0 defeat.

errrm, no offence frigg off, other way round perhaps Laughing
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 15 Mar - 8:44:58

Dagenham Rover wrote:

errrm, no offence frigg off, other way round perhaps Laughing

We can't win/draw them all you know Wink
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Thu 15 Mar - 8:59:15

donnyroversfc wrote:

We can't win/draw them all you know Wink

OOOOOOhhhhhh YYYYYEEEEEESSSSS YYYYOOOOUUUU CCCCAAAAAANNNNN Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 15 Mar - 9:14:39

donnyroversfc wrote:

And thats supposed to mean?

I will tell you what that means shall I .........virtually every post I read of yours persists in exuding NEGATIVE WAVES and it's pissing me off.
You have a habit of posting on here and the VSC with short negative posts that usually have no substance , evidence etc.
I like many others have given you much lassitude to post freely but now you're getting on my nerves and I know that other posters are getting fed up with it too. Kapeesh. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 15 Mar - 9:21:18

hoolahoop wrote:

I will tell you what that means shall I .........virtually every post I read of yours persists in exuding NEGATIVE WAVES and it's pissing me off.
You have a habit of posting on here and the VSC with short negative posts that usually have no substance , evidence etc.
I like many others have given you much lassitude to post freely but now you're getting on my nerves and I know that other posters are getting fed up with it too. Kapeesh. Mad

You mean like my negative predictions in the past 3 games where i said we'd beat both West Ham and Forest and draw to Reading... I notice you didn't pick me up on those predictions.

Listen i couldn't care less what other posters think after reading my posts, if people are sad enough to let someones post on an internet forum get to them then it says more about them than it does me!!

Is negativity a bannable offence on this forum then?
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 15 Mar - 10:28:28

donnyroversfc wrote:

You mean like my negative predictions in the past 3 games where i said we'd beat both West Ham and Forest and draw to Reading... I notice you didn't pick me up on those predictions.

Listen i couldn't care less what other posters think after reading my posts, if people are sad enough to let someones post on an internet forum get to them then it says more about them than it does me!!

Is negativity a bannable offence on this forum then?

Not on this forum fella , you have yet to let us know what your problem is with McKay for instance and I didn't say that ALL your posts were negative but Jeez some of them are wearing. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 15 Mar - 11:18:19

hoolahoop wrote:

Not on this forum fella , you have yet to let us know what your problem is with McKay for instance and I didn't say that ALL your posts were negative but Jeez some of them are wearing. Sad Sad Sad

I've mentioned what my problems with McKay are loads of times (mainly on the VSC) pointless going through it all again, to summarise though Its the whole plan and the man himself that i have a problem with, plus the whole hypocrisy shown by the club/John Ryan and i genuinly belive that A) the club will fail massively with his plan and B) Every Rovers fan will hate McKay this time next year...
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 17 Mar - 2:12:17

Wow looking forward to this now just thinking tomorrow could be our day to get out of the bottom 3 if pompey beat Bristol and we beat Derby . cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Sat 17 Mar - 4:59:07

donnyroversfc wrote:

I've mentioned what my problems with McKay are loads of times (mainly on the VSC) pointless going through it all again, to summarise though Its the whole plan and the man himself that i have a problem with, plus the whole hypocrisy shown by the club/John Ryan and i genuinly belive that A) the club will fail massively with his plan and B) Every Rovers fan will hate McKay this time next year...
Donnyroversfc. I am willing to have you a bet that come the last day of the season or when we are safe that the fans are singing are Willie's name.

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Sat 17 Mar - 5:53:33

3 - 1 comfortable win for me
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 17 Mar - 6:45:28

Red Wizard wrote: Donnyroversfc. I am willing to have you a bet that come the last day of the season or when we are safe that the fans are singing are Willie's name.

Hahaha! I'll happily take you up on that bet, because we will NOT stay up (my opinion). I've already decided i'll be renewing my season ticket for next season in league 1 whether that be to Support the club and enjoy games again or (if McKay stays) to laugh at the comedy value!!!

I'll repeat what i said, every Rovers fan will hate McKay this time next year... Probably end up having ANOTHER petition against him being in football too.

The longer he stays the worse the tears will be, you'll see.

LOVE ROVERS HATE MCKAY!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Sat 17 Mar - 7:20:50

donnyroversfc wrote:

Hahaha! I'll happily take you up on that bet, because we will NOT stay up (my opinion). I've already decided i'll be renewing my season ticket for next season in league 1 whether that be to Support the club and enjoy games again or (if McKay stays) to laugh at the comedy value!!!

I'll repeat what i said, every Rovers fan will hate McKay this time next year... Probably end up having ANOTHER petition against him being in football too.

The longer he stays the worse the tears will be, you'll see.

LOVE ROVERS HATE MCKAY!

How silly are you going to feel when we avoid relegation ?
I will keep it short as you are really not worth my time Sleep
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 17 Mar - 8:05:44

Ooh get all the Alpha males in here Wink

If I'm perfectly honest I wouldn't like to predict either safety or relegation - we're just not that consistent Wink And before anyone quotes 5 games unbeaten I'd like to say points aren't enough any more
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 17 Mar - 21:37:29

keepmoatman wrote:

How silly are you going to feel when we avoid relegation ?
I will keep it short as you are really not worth my time Sleep

I'll also keep it short. I wont feel silly because we wont stay up.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 18 Mar - 4:34:46

Wow we deserved nothing out of that game and got nothing first time i am going to criticise DS tonight as he got his game planing totally wrong that does not mean to say i am against the man but today we was SHOCKING looked like the team had never played together today.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 18 Mar - 4:43:20

Bloody awful
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 18 Mar - 5:40:24

Garbage and i'm sorry to say but for me today is the day we relegated ourselves...i can't see us getting anything from Millwall and time really is running out.. No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 18 Mar - 8:13:54

yorkie64red wrote:Garbage and i'm sorry to say but for me today is the day we relegated ourselves...i can't see us getting anything from Millwall and time really is running out.. No

I couldn't agree more, Derby were just workmanlike nothing special and that shows just.........how poor we really are. Relegation 99% 'nailed on' and the manager is clueless. ENOUGH SAID. Sad affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 18 Mar - 9:42:18

pkt_drfc wrote:Wow we deserved nothing out of that game and got nothing first time i am going to criticise DS tonight as he got his game planing totally wrong that does not mean to say i am against the man but today we was SHOCKING looked like the team had never played together today.

Can't disagree with the majority of that. I've never "been against" Saunders, I've just said I didn't think he a good enough manager yet and today showed nothing different. It was like watching the away games at Burnley, Portsmouth and Watford. Lack of creativity, lack of pace and lack of effort. I think to a degree we've papered over the cracks during the last few games and I think Diouf has carried us with his experience but when he's not 100% his best neither are the rest of the team.
I must admit I'd hoped Saunders had turned a corner but when I read some of his remarks in the press after the Reading game I had an idea it would go pear shaped. To come out with "we should be cruising" is arrogant and foolish and if he said that to the players pre match then thats exactly how they appeared to think as they were decidedly lacklustre. And to say we were "dead and buried after the first 7 games" made me really angry - err heads up DS we were five points from safety, how many points are we from safety now? Despite all these ex-International and Premiership stars we've been out of the bottom 3 once.

Ikeme - at fault in part for the first goal but obviously has little faith in the defence. The moment he came for a ball and Beye headed it out for a corner says everything about communication

Chimbonda - I'm actually liking him more over the past few games but ditch the gloves man

Beye - usually solid if a liability for bookings but wasn't over impressed today

Martis - obviously not fit, Hird should have started

Spurr - not his best game but can't fault the effort

Coppinger - terrible today

Barnes - as above

Gillett - not his best game but will always try and get the ball

Bennett - as always knocked off the ball too easily and gave it away too easily

Piquionne - I know he scored a wonder goal at Forest but not seen anything thats impressed me in the last two games. Whats happened to Chris Brown?

Diouf - amazing player when he's 100% seemed not quite there today until the goal. Only my thoughts but it did cross my mind that maybe some club has shown interest in him for next season

I just can't see where we're going to get a win. Millwall will be more of a goal threat than Derby, then we have Palace and Southamption away and Birmingham at home. We need at least 6 points from those games and not being negative I just can't see it
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next