The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keepmoat Stadium

+7
pkt_drfc
Askern Rovers
hoolahoop
Upwind
Drover
Dagenham Rover
yorkie64red
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Keepmoat Stadium Empty Keepmoat Stadium

Post by yorkie64red Wed 23 May - 19:14:42

THE future of the Keepmoat Stadium will be decided by councillors today.

Doncaster Council’s Cabinet are expected to hand over the management of the Keepmoat Stadium to Doncaster Rovers Football Club on a 99-year arrangement in a bid to stop losses of up to £350,000 a year to tax payers.

Under the proposed arrangement, Rovers would pay £100,000 per year to the council to take over the running of the stadium from the Stadium Management Team, who only have enough money to run for another six weeks.

The plans will go before the cabinet at 10am at the Mansion House.

from southyorkshire news.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Keepmoat Stadium Empty Re: Keepmoat Stadium

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 23 May - 20:12:10

I've been reading SM's post on the vsc it sounds a good deal, a concession as opposed to lease/buy no insurance or upkeep to pay....as long as the upkeep is upkept Smile and is doesn't become a case of they can't afford too
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 23 May - 20:16:39

Dagenham Rover wrote:I've been reading SM's post on the vsc it sounds a good deal, a concession as opposed to lease/buy no insurance or upkeep to pay....as long as the upkeep is upkept Smile and is doesn't become a case of they can't afford to

Yep sounds even better then a lease...we run the thing keep any money it makes...the council pay the insurance and keep it to a good standard...can we really lose...obviously the club will have to cover staffing costs and i suppose they pay bills like electric gas phones etc..but other then that looks like the club have landed on their feet for once...and all for 100k a year less then we are currently paying in rent..sounds like an excellent deal and it should all hopefully be finalised this morning...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 23 May - 20:44:53

Wonder what will happen to the management side of the SMC..will they become part of the management team at Rovers or which is probably the better option just be paid up and wander off never to be seen again...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 23 May - 21:42:59

yorkie64red wrote:Wonder what will happen to the management side of the SMC..will they become part of the management team at Rovers or which is probably the better option just be paid up and wander off never to be seen again...

Thats the one Laughing

I presume the SMC as such would be disolved
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Drover Wed 23 May - 22:26:31

yorkie64red wrote:Wonder what will happen to the management side of the SMC..will they become part of the management team at Rovers or which is probably the better option just be paid up and wander off never to be seen again...

If they are to be found alternative employment quickly,I would expect it to do with the Counicil or other council projects.Not with the Rovers.I know they try and claim they are independant from the council(for political and maybe legal reasons) but to me they are just the council in diguise and the council pull the strings with them.
Drover
Drover
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Wed 23 May - 23:13:13

I would have assumed that the SMC staff would transfer under TUPE arrangements and that Rovers would then take on their employment......

Anyone out there know what the arrangements are going to be?

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 23 May - 23:36:05

Upwind wrote:

I would have assumed that the SMC staff would transfer under TUPE arrangements and that Rovers would then take on their employment......

Anyone out there know what the arrangements are going to be?

Yep probably right....although there will no doub't be some redundancies in the coming months as some jobs will probably overlap..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 24 May - 2:10:41

The council have agreed to hand over the running of the stadium to Rovers..confirmed on the BBC..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 24 May - 6:02:38

Excellent news and not before time.
Smile RTID.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 24 May - 19:29:07

Nice picture on facebook showing the reception painted red instead of that horrible purple...hopefully that will be continued throughout the stadium making it more Rovers themed..when it comes to the food and drink next season it would be nice if they could use local suppliers, also local breweries to provide the ale... drunken
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Thu 24 May - 23:53:59

Good news stadium is our and I hope Terry Bramall & Dick Watson will return......wait & see
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 May - 2:59:03

Askern Rovers wrote:Good news stadium is our and I hope Terry Bramall & Dick Watson will return......wait & see

That will probably be the big announcement in June we were told about...well heres hoping...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 25 May - 20:11:31

Great news , shame the DFP didn't reflect that in their editorials this week instead of going on about the value of the land .
DFP IF YOU ARE LISTENING ROVERS IS PART OF THE FABRIC OF THIS TOWN AND SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ENTITLED TO THE LAND AND THE STADIUM. IN THE SAME WAY THAT LIBRARIES ARE BUILT FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO READ, SWIMMING POOLS ARE BUILT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO SWIM ETC ETC ETC............
SHAME YOUR NEWSPAPER COULDN'T REFLECT THAT!!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 May - 20:15:13

hoolahoop wrote:Great news , shame the DFP didn't reflect that in their editorials this week instead of going on about the value of the land .
DFP IF YOU ARE LISTENING ROVERS IS PART OF THE FABRIC OF THIS TOWN AND SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ENTITLED TO THE LAND AND THE STADIUM. IN THE SAME WAY THAT LIBRARIES ARE BUILT FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO READ, SWIMMING POOLS ARE BUILT FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO SWIM ETC ETC ETC............
SHAME YOUR NEWSPAPER COULDN'T REFLECT THAT!!

The value of the land which will only increase is probably a very good reason why this is a better deal then owning it...will prevent any unscrupulous future owner from bulldozing the ground and using the land for other ventures..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 25 May - 20:30:36

yorkie64red wrote:

The value of the land which will only increase is probably a very good reason why this is a better deal then owning it...will prevent any unscrupulous future owner from bulldozing the ground and using the land for other ventures..

Exactly so the money has never been lost so why 'bang on' about it ad nauseum. Sometimes this (what should be a great town) depresses me with it's attitudes to it's own townsfolk and their needs.
Civic Square for folk to puke up on Satdi nights is money well spent but a stadium isn't..........I don't get it. scratch
As you quite rightly stated the town has a future asset and should be crowing about how well it takes care of the needs of it's inhabitants. Over the last 6/7 years our club has attracted alot of money into our town with it's higher profile from both home and visiting supporters alike. Unfortunately that can't be measured but the fact that our town is now visited by more people than the likes of Blackpool, Bath and Oxford annually will partly be down to those visiting fans wanting to come back again. Not measurable I know but you only have to read any rival's forum (Dingles excepted) to see how much they enjoyed their visits to the town. cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 25 May - 20:53:14

hoolahoop wrote:

Exactly so the money has never been lost so why 'bang on' about it ad nauseum. Sometimes this (what should be a great town) depresses me with it's attitudes to it's own townsfolk and their needs.
Civic Square for folk to puke up on Satdi nights is money well spent but a stadium isn't..........I don't get it. scratch
As you quite rightly stated the town has a future asset and should be crowing about how well it takes care of the needs of it's inhabitants. Over the last 6/7 years our club has attracted alot of money into our town with it's higher profile from both home and visiting supporters alike. Unfortunately that can't be measured but the fact that our town is now visited by more people than the likes of Blackpool, Bath and Oxford annually will partly be down to those visiting fans wanting to come back again. Not measurable I know but you only have to read any rival's forum (Dingles excepted) to see how much they enjoyed their visits to the town. cheers

well you know what they say about todays newspapers...and i'm sure this is a good case in point... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 25 May - 21:07:45

yorkie64red wrote:

well you know what they say about todays newspapers...and i'm sure this is a good case in point... Smile

Yes it appears the only really good headline is one that looks at a piece of news in a purely NEGATIVE way. Time the DFP took a lead locally and expressed a more balanced view of what is happening in this area and then we WILL make giant strides to becoming not only a good town but a truly GREAT town to raise your kids in/do business in.ive in etc etc.....
Our town has so much going for it ..........it's unbelieveable that it is masked /not recognised and more bluntly put down by it's own residents, Press and Council in so many areas that don't warrant a headline/mention. It pisses me off, I'm proud to be from our town as we have so much going for ouyrselves if on;ly some of us just woke up and recognised it for what it is.
Anybody with any doubts should read the Wikipedia site just to have an inkling of how great a place we have the privilege to live in and those before us when considering the historical greatness of our town would have had the same benefits. Cool cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Fri 25 May - 21:29:30

hoolahoop wrote:

Yes it appears the only really good headline is one that looks at a piece of news in a purely NEGATIVE way. Time the DFP took a lead locally and expressed a more balanced view of what is happening in this area and then we WILL make giant strides to becoming not only a good town but a truly GREAT town to raise your kids in/do business in.ive in etc etc.....
Our town has so much going for it ..........it's unbelieveable that it is masked /not recognised and more bluntly put down by it's own residents, Press and Council in so many areas that don't warrant a headline/mention. It pisses me off, I'm proud to be from our town as we have so much going for ouyrselves if on;ly some of us just woke up and recognised it for what it is.
Anybody with any doubts should read the Wikipedia site just to have an inkling of how great a place we have the privilege to live in and those before us when considering the historical greatness of our town would have had the same benefits. Cool cheers

Good post and I am sure that the majority would support what you are saying. What makes me laugh is that our town clowns and local press have actively sought 'City' status previously, yet they continue to portray Doncaster in such a bad light.

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 26 May - 6:21:46

As it is ours now (well sort of) would be good if we can get some meanigfull statues like Alick Jeffrey
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 May - 6:24:43

pkt_drfc wrote:As it is ours now (well sort of) would be good if we can get some meanigfull statues like Alick Jeffrey

from what vix was telling me she said it could do with a good lick of paint inside...said it looks a right mess...she has been doing her firstaid at the ground..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 26 May - 6:27:18

yorkie64red wrote:

from what vix was telling me she said it could do with a good lick of paint inside...said it looks a right mess...she has been doing her firstaid at the ground..

Shite i don't want to see Vikki running to George Freinds aid next season if he goes down injured. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 26 May - 6:41:06

Shite i don't want to see Vikki running to George Freinds aid next season if he goes down injured. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[/quote]

She'd like to... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 26 May - 6:57:01

yorkie64red wrote:

She'd like to... Smile [/quote]

Oh I'm sure she would but you know she loves you really Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 26 May - 8:32:18

pkt_drfc wrote:

Did you know its more likely to be family and friends a first aider treats - so I'd be very nice to me Wink

Did my 2 day refresher up at the Keepmoat based in the press room. The actual assessments were in the physio and doctor's areas meaning you had to go past the changing rooms and were right opposite the tunnel (pitch is looking good)

Corridors could do with repainting, scuffed and marked but more alarming was the leak. I ws halfway through my 2nd set of chest compressions when the examiner said "mind the water on the floor" I freaked thinking she'd thrown another scenario (drowning or electrocution) in when she pointed to water running from one side of the room across the floor to the other. . Made me completely lose count but she passed me with "excellent" Obviously a leak somewhere

Also hand dryer in ladies wouldn't dry if I was still there lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next