The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR SALE

5 posters

Go down

FOR SALE  Empty FOR SALE

Post by the vicar Tue 29 May - 19:23:06

Leeds are to be sold with in days several offers are on the table but ther is one favourable

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE  Empty Re: FOR SALE

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 May - 20:02:43

Bates finally getting out his he...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Tue 29 May - 20:06:17

looks like it i realy wanted him to stay and keep or take them down

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Tue 29 May - 20:51:50

won't happen

edit: sounds like there could be summit in this. fuck let this be true
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Tue 29 May - 22:35:10

it is true i guarantee u it is. most of the rovers fans on here will tell u what i say usualy does happen i only talk fact not shit lol

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Tue 29 May - 23:34:08

It would appear that we are talking about investment rather than a sale or takeover though.......................... depending on what/who you believe of course.

Statement

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Tue 29 May - 23:52:49

my sorce told me it was a takeover

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 30 May - 0:20:28

i know...reason i doubted it was that the same stories happen every year and it took an 180 page thread of nowt but twitter rumours and the likes on waccoe before some decent evidence was found

still don't think owt will come of it, for all we know talks have been going on for 5 years but this is just the first time it's been made public

and that statement will be bollox, they're hardly gonna admit we're being taken over

for what it's worth though, i'm sat watching ssn wi lube and klennex at the ready
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 30 May - 0:39:01

canadian geezers apparently
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 30 May - 0:42:04

Canadian Geezers or Canadian Geese.....................I reckon Geese Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 30 May - 0:49:32

MLSE PR ‏@MLSEPR
Getting ready for our soccer announcement. More details at 11:30 a.m.

think they own toronto fc so might be summit to do wi them

--------------

not them

MLSE not in the running to buy Leeds United soccer club

Leeds United is talking to potential new owners but the groups apparently do not include Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd.

Initial reports in the English media mentioned MLSE as a potential new owner of Leeds United. However, later reports said the company that owns the Toronto Maple Leafs denied it was planning to invest in a soccer team. This came almost five years to the day after news surfaced that MLSE was thinking about buying a team that could play in the English Premier League, with Leeds United as a potential target. However, MLSE abandoned the idea after its investigation showed English soccer could be a treacherous money pit.

Tom Anselmi, the interim president of MLSE, could not be immediately reached for comment.

In a statement on its website, Leeds United said it “can confirm that talks are taking place regarding investment for the long-term future. The club has always publicly stated that it would welcome potential investment.” The team did not identify any of the potential investors.

Leeds United has one similarity to the Maple Leafs - it is a team with a far more glorious past than present. In the last 10 years it fell into financial difficulty, which resulted in the large-scale sale of players and relegation from the Premier League. Leeds fell as far as League One, the third division in the English system, before being promoted back to the second division, The Championship, in 2010. The team finished 14th in The Championship last season but has a large fan base and still hopes to get back to the Premier League if the right investors can be found.
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down