The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Singing done and dusted ;)

Go down

First Singing done and dusted ;) Empty First Singing done and dusted ;)

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 3 Jun - 21:29:06

Exciting times for Barnsley bound Darren

Ballyclare Secondary School pupil Darren McKnight is set to embark on an exciting career across the water with Championship footballing outfit Barnsley. The Year 12 GCSE PE pupil has signed a contract with Barnsley which begins immediately after his exams at the start of July. He will begin his footballing life in the fast lane as he gets straight into pre-season training in July, whilst settling in to his new digs with his host family.

Darren’s success on the football pitch has not gone unnoticed in his short career. At U-15 level he got selected for Northern Ireland team through the County Antrim squad of excellence. In this team he played for Northern Ireland U-15's in a tri nations tournament in Dublin, playing against Wales and Republic of Ireland.

Following this tournament Darren was asked to go on trial at Sunderland Football Club for several months and then onto Leeds United where he stayed for six months. Darren then joined Glenavon Football Club U16's, winning the Northern Ireland Cup. He then trained with Barnsley u-18's, fitted in well and trained well enough to get asked back several times for further training.

At Under 17 level Darren again played for Northern Ireland in the European Championships in Luxembourg, in a group featuring France, Faroe Islands and Luxembourg. More recently he re-visited Barnsley for his work experience where he trained and played in a match against Leicester City. Shortly before he was due to leave he received the offer he was waiting for, a 2 year scholarship with Barnsley.

Darren has shown a great desire and hunger during his time at Ballyclare Secondary which has shone through in his short footballing career. Exciting times lie ahead for Darren in England and everyone at Ballyclare Secondary School wish him every success in his future career.

A few words from Darren ........................

•U15 - selected for Northern Ireland team through County Antrim squad of excellence;
•played for Northern Ireland U-15's in tri nations tournament in Dublin, playing against Wales and Republic of Ireland; following tournament was asked to go on trial at Sunderland for several months then to Leeds United where I stayed for 6 months until change of management and ended their interest;
•joined Glenavon FC U16's, winning Northern Ireland Cup then began trial at Barnsley FC
•trained with Barnsley U18's, fitted in well and trained well enough to get asked back again and again
•U17's went to the European Championships with Northern Ireland U17s in Luxembourg in a group with France, Faroe Islands and Luxembourg
•went to Barnsley for my work experience, where I trained and played in the match against Leicester City
•day before I went home I was offered a 2 year scholarship after I finished school
•my contract starts 1st July 2012, when I will move over and live in England, achieving my dream of being a professional footballer.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down