The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben Parkinson

+2
Drover
Upwind
6 posters

Go down

Ben Parkinson Empty Ben Parkinson

Post by Upwind Wed 27 Jun - 1:21:08

Anyone go? - I have to say it put a lump in my throat..........

Para Ben Parkinson

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Ben Parkinson Empty Re: Ben Parkinson

Post by Drover Wed 27 Jun - 1:58:18

I did'nt go,but I watched it on news and on the livefeed camera and rewinded it.Yep,lump in the throat time and was for me the best and most emotional moment so far.The disabled child with the walking frame was very emotional too,you can see how much it geniunely means to them.Im watching it tomorrow as it goes past on the road close to my exile home in skeggy. Smile
Drover
Drover
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 27 Jun - 2:28:23

I'm down our caravan in Mablethorpe and going to watch it tomorrow
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Jun - 5:18:56

Sorry not ashamed to say that it went beyond a lump in my throat.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 27 Jun - 10:57:37

Yep makes you proud to be from Doncaster...they should give him freedom of the borough for all he has been through...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Wed 27 Jun - 20:18:10

I was at Leger Way yesterday and I watch Chris Kamara carry Olympic Torch. I met Chris Kamara and my hands with Olympic Torch with picture is something I will never forget. I saw on tv and I felt proud Ben Parkinson is very brave walk with carry Olympic Torch.
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 29 Jun - 18:58:26

Lucky you Askern , I missed it here but managed to touch the torch before the Athens Olympics was on whilst on holiday in Skiathos.
The torch was 'hopping' from island to island and it was a fantastic night with free booze, food etc . Memories I will treasure forever. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Askern Rovers Sat 30 Jun - 0:05:06

hoolahoop wrote:Lucky you Askern , I missed it here but managed to touch the torch before the Athens Olympics was on whilst on holiday in Skiathos.
The torch was 'hopping' from island to island and it was a fantastic night with free booze, food etc . Memories I will treasure forever. Smile

Lucky you same Smile
Askern Rovers
Askern Rovers
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 30 Jun - 4:07:49

Askern Rovers wrote:

Lucky you same Smile

Although it is a treasured memory it would never be the same as missing out on Ben's run in your home town. Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down