The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our 'pub team'

3 posters

Go down

Our 'pub team' Empty Our 'pub team'

Post by hoolahoop Mon 9 Jul - 8:15:18

It may interest some of you to know that I spent a very enjoyable evening amongst some young professional footballers last night in Stockport. I was amazed at how much they knew about our club, from our players , to our tactics under So'D, to our strange decisions over the last few seasons.
It appears that rather than being held as an example of derision for our ';supposed' dour play under SO'D ; it seems that our team and it's tactics are held up as an example to these youngsters when in their classroom sessions. Yes the SO'D way is recognised as a shining example of how football should be played with at least 3 of them being shown that magical example of keepball that we so often look at in our vids .
I was amazed that our club was seen as an example of just what a small club could achieve and indeed what these young players also could achieve with their Conference and Div.2 clubs.. It seems we have been far too hard on ourselves and many haven't realised that despite recent times we are still held up as a shining example of what a club can achieve both on and off the pitch.
These lads and their parents know what we achieved, what went wrong by whom when and where such is our name in the game.
There were supporters of both the Mancunian clubs as well as supporters of Stockport , Bolton and Macclesfield involved in these discussions quite frankly everyone knew what we were about, who we were about and wished us well for the future.
Finally I was lucky enough to get one of the strips awarded to my nephew as he has now signed on professionally with Macc Town. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Our 'pub team' Empty Re: Our 'pub team'

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Jul - 8:19:18

Good to hear... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 9 Jul - 8:22:12

yorkie64red wrote:Good to hear... Smile

You would have been involved in the conversations and as gobsmacked as me about their depth of knowledge on our club. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Mon 9 Jul - 8:25:24

Well done to your nephew its no mean feat to get a pro football contract.

Interesting they know what went wrong and by whom etc, not sure I am totally 100% on that one but it actually shows the esteem we were held in Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 9 Jul - 8:25:38

hoolahoop wrote:

You would have been involved in the conversations and as gobsmacked as me about their depth of knowledge on our club. Smile

Doesen't surprise me really...i was talking to a chesterfield fan the other week , he was telling me how Doncaster was always admired for trying to do things the right way and playing good football...he thought it was a crying shame to see it all thrown away..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 9 Jul - 8:31:57

yorkie64red wrote:

Doesen't surprise me really...i was talking to a chesterfield fan the other week , he was telling me how Doncaster was always admired for trying to do things the right way and playing good football...he thought it was a crying shame to see it all thrown away..

That's how they saw it but I don't get the impression that despite that terrible error anyone thinks any less of our club. Smile I have faith that we will make up that lost ground on what we have recently mismanaged.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down