The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any News?

+5
VixDRFC
dickos1
yorkie64red
SkellowRover
Upwind
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any News? Empty Any News?

Post by Upwind Fri 27 Jul - 1:19:16

Right, this is getting silly now..............

Does anyone have any news at all on prospective signings, transfers etc. I am even prepared to accept blatent lies now - anything, just anything to give me a modicum of hope that somewhere, somehow, someone is doing something to throw together a team to operate under the banner of DRFC.

Rumours from the barman at your local.............. bloke next door.............. friend (not George) of someone ITK etc etc warmly welcomed............ (so long as they are relatively believable).

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Any News? Empty Re: Any News?

Post by SkellowRover Fri 27 Jul - 2:48:02

Upwind wrote:Right, this is getting silly now..............

Does anyone have any news at all on prospective signings, transfers etc. I am even prepared to accept blatent lies now - anything, just anything to give me a modicum of hope that somewhere, somehow, someone is doing something to throw together a team to operate under the banner of DRFC.

Rumours from the barman at your local.............. bloke next door.............. friend (not George) of someone ITK etc etc warmly welcomed............ (so long as they are relatively believable).

Next seasons team (players will be signing before monday!!!!) lol

Hart
Alves Pique Pepe Alba
Xavi Iniesta
Messi Fabregas Ronaldo
Villa

Not too sure about Villa though as he could fail his medical lolol.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 27 Jul - 3:04:53

It'll all be right in the end...or so they keep telling us... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Sat 28 Jul - 0:08:27

Anyone heard the Billy Paynter rumour..................?

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 0:19:11

Not a rumour,, he is one of 3 players were trying to sign today

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Sat 28 Jul - 0:24:33

Oh good (I think) ..................... who are the others?

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 0:26:09

Don't know, Paul Quinn is possibly playing tomorrow for us on trial

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Sat 28 Jul - 0:27:39

Never heard of him...........time to check intraweb

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Sat 28 Jul - 0:31:34

Ex Cardiff, Jock, 27 years old, defender

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 0:31:55

Just been released by Cardiff.. Centre back or right back

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 28 Jul - 1:23:03

Upwind wrote:Anyone heard the Billy Paynter rumour..................?

Not sure how good a signing this would be. I remember when he signed for Leeds the Swindon fans pointed out he'd had one good season partnering Charlie Austen (and a lot of that was down to Austen), apart from that he'd been lknown as "Barn door Billy" And do we need another injury prone striker to partner Chris Brown?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 2:20:42

Well he netted 11 the season before that. In fact he scored More than once every 3 games for Swindon over 3 seasons. All in the league were in now.
Also he can't be described as injury prone having made 350 football league appearances, half our squad can only dream of figures like that.
To be fair I don't see us signing a better striker than him for the money we have, would be great bit of business..

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 28 Jul - 2:40:43

Heffernan and Hayter have netted double figures for us in league one but they weren't deemed good enough by a lot of fans. Plus he may have made 350 appearances but that was before he broke his leg - no guarantee he can get back to that level of fitness

I'd say I don't see how you can say it would be a "great bit of business" (unless you can see into the future) but then I'm conversing with someone who thought Kirkland was a "successful signing" (played 1 game, let in 3 goals, got injured)

Swindon fans saw more of him than you or I did I imagine and they weren't gutted he left

He might be all we can afford and we might have to give him a chance but it doesn't mean we have to be happy - think Steve Brooker
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 2:48:40

Why so argumentative??
I've never ever said Kirkland was a successful signing I may have said it was a good signing at the time, which I still think it was, he's gone to a much bigger club than us now.
Also you don't need to look into the future to see that signing a striker with a proven goal scoring record in our league for next to nothing is a great bit of business. We wouldn't sign anybody if we couldn't see their credentials without looking into the future.
Like I said before what type of player do you think we should be signing??
I don't think heff or hayter scored 29 goals in a league one season, although I did rate heffs as a goal scorer, and wouldn't be upset if we gave him another go.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 28 Jul - 3:02:04

I'm not argumentative - I'm discussing the other side of your viewpoint. Something you seem unable to accept, obviously anyone who has reservations about what the club and Saunders are doing is being argumentative.

Well I have reservations - huge ones and signing Paynter is a small reservation compared to what I fear is going to happen overall
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 3:06:03

Making stuff up twisting my words was fishing for an arguement.
I too am also worried about what the club is doing but at the minute no blame can be attached to the manager, he can't do anything about it. He needs new players desperately, the board need to support him otherwise neither him or the club as a whole can be successful.
But the signings dean has made have been very good in my opinion

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 28 Jul - 3:06:59

Billy Paynter would be a TERRIBLE signing. I'll laugh my bollocks off if it happens. Laughable signing.

Paul Quinn should be good.

Must admit, i expected us to have signed 1 or 2 while i've been away this week... Tinpot.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 28 Jul - 3:33:58

dickos1 wrote:Making stuff up twisting my words was fishing for an arguement.
I too am also worried about what the club is doing but at the minute no blame can be attached to the manager, he can't do anything about it. He needs new players desperately, the board need to support him otherwise neither him or the club as a whole can be successful.
But the signings dean has made have been very good in my opinion

I didn't twist your words - you said it would be a great bit of business and I said how can you know that without a crystal ball - none of us know which of the signings are great - based on the 2 pre-season games I've seen we've a long way to go and that includes existing players

I don't have to fish for an argument, but the Saunders can do nothing wrong flag that you fly at every opportunity riles me a bit. Saunders bought into the debaucle of last season's "experiment" at every interview he was saying how he'd bring new players in (which he did or if they were foisted on him by McKay he did a good job of pretending they weren't) Then it all goes pear-shaped and Saunders is saying how he's not had chance to bring in his own players and there is no money. He had players most Championship managers would have killed for last season and he failed. In my opinion he should have been out of the door with the rest of the experiment but I realise the club couldn't afford to do that because someone was daft enough to give him a 3 year contract

So forgive me if I don't join in the flag waving just yet. If we don't get relegated again then I'll say he's had a very good season
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 28 Jul - 3:48:12

[quote="VixDRFC"]

Dean Saunders will deserve the freedom of the town if we manage to stay up next season.

donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 28 Jul - 4:21:01

[quote="donnyroversfc"]

lol! I wouldn't go that far... maybe if he gets us promoted?
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 28 Jul - 4:35:26

[quote="VixDRFC"]

If we get promoted next season, i expect he will receive a knighthood at the very least!!! Laughing
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 7:47:24

Was talking more about the Kirkland comment. I do like Saunders he's not the manager sod was but I think he'll do well for us given chance. I think his signings have been really good so far.
And donny rovers why is paynter a terrible signing. Please explain

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 28 Jul - 20:31:56

Because i don't rate him and think just because he scored a good amount of goals last time he was in L1 doesn't mean he will now. I know it was a level above but he was terrible for Brighton and Leeds.

It won't be so bad aslong as we get another striker in, a natural goalscorer.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by SkellowRover Sat 28 Jul - 21:00:56

Basically Saunders failed to keep us up with a squad a lot of championship clubs in the bottom half would have dreamed of. His poor man management of the contracted players backfired on his excuse filled arse when the mercenaries failed to produce. He was tactically naive on numerous occasions and there were plenty of opportunities for us to get out of the relegation places and he couldn't get the "superstars" to do it.
The first few months all we heard was "better players coming with a winning mentality that will keep us up" that ended up being "Not my team and will do better when i bring in my own players". I got bored and fed up of hearing the excuse laden bollocks he spouts within the space of 6-8 weeks of his arrival and i'd be happy finishing 5th from bottom this season because i think it's going to be a struggle.
SkellowRover
SkellowRover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sat 28 Jul - 22:22:22

Errr what does any of that have to do with this topic.
Same comments that were being posted 5 months ago, it's in the past now, move on.
And comments in fact you were arguing against

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next