The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend

+4
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
hoolahoop
the vicar
NorthRed
8 posters

Go down

125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend Empty 125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend

Post by NorthRed Wed 12 Sep - 2:24:02

All fun and games at Oakwell this weekend against Blackpool, Face painting, things for the kids to do, fireworks fancy dress comp and prices for the match itself slashed. £12.50 for an adult and much cheaper for kids an OAP's!

Full day of fun so get yourselfs down!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend Empty Re: 125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend

Post by the vicar Wed 12 Sep - 5:13:10

Even the face painting won't make the dingles any better looking. Dear oh dear they will try anything to change their dingle tags lol

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend Empty Re: 125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend

Post by hoolahoop Wed 12 Sep - 5:39:24

I thought they wore fancy dress all the time............why the need for a specific day ? scratch
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Wed 12 Sep - 8:39:29

Fireworks? It'll be fucking daylight
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 12 Sep - 17:00:57

daylight makes no difference we're talking about a club who's had to get a bank loan for a fucking score board, it'll be a box of bangers and a pack of party poppers at best a air bomb repeater
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Thu 13 Sep - 0:47:15

If only they would have left me in charge of the fireworks............
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 13 Sep - 1:53:05

Will there be a finger counting competition?

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 13 Sep - 9:16:15

that is not fair dingles win hands down

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 13 Sep - 17:00:01

where going to count how many years we've spent in a higher league the Donkey Rovers in the last 125, that will keep busy even we've not got enough fingers to help us with that, doubt our many toes will help ether, Wink
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

125 years celebration against Blacky this weekend Empty From official site...

Post by Barnsley-James Fri 14 Sep - 5:38:27

From official site...

Barnsley Football Club have received a tremendous response to the reduced price match tickets for this Saturday’s match against Blackpool at Oakwell and supporters are encouraged to book their tickets as soon as possible.

Due to the anticipated higher crowd, both sets of supporters are advised to arrive in plenty of time.

A grand day of celebrations will take place from 1:30pm, with plenty of entertainers prior to the Reds’ npower Championship clash against the Seasiders and both sets of fans are encouraged to partake in the celebrations by attending in fancy dress.

An array of entertainers will be on hand to make for a great family day out, including; Clowns, Bouncy Castle, Kes the Kestrel, Face Painting, Balloon Modelling, Football Stilt Walker, Rev Preedy Stilt Walker, Cheerleaders / Stunts, Light Dragoon Regiment Soldiers, Sweets from Toby Tyke, Chronicle Brass Band, Royal Navy, Town Cryer, Pre-match pyrotechnics, 125 Free T-shirts giveaways, Jugglers, Fire breathers, Giant Medieval Knight and Military Vehicles.

Also, there's a free A3 team poster inside our matchday magazine, The Reds, which also boasts a special edition satin front cover with one of the oldest team photos of the Reds.

Tickets are priced as follows:

- £12.50 for Adults

- £9 for Over 65's

- £9 for Under 18's

- £9 for Students (aged 18-20 with ID)

- £5 for Juvenile 5-11

- £30 for Family ticket (two adults and two juveniles 5-11 in West Stand Lower)

Barnsley-James
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 14 Sep - 6:54:55

Ok now I know I've only got 5 fingers on each hand BUT

£30 for Family ticket (two adults and two juveniles 5-11 in West Stand Lower)

So if I chose to go with myself and 2 x 10 year olds and buy the family ticket it would cost me £30

now if i bought I bought 1 x adult @ £12.50 and 2 x juvenile for my ten yearolds @ £5 each

£12.50 +
£ 5.00 +
£ 5.00 =

£22.50

cracking deal that one lads lol!

I sometimes want to give up with the logic in Football clubs
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010 Fri 14 Sep - 8:29:50

Dagenham Rover wrote:Ok now I know I've only got 5 fingers on each hand BUT

£30 for Family ticket (two adults and two juveniles 5-11 in West Stand Lower)

So if I chose to go with myself and 2 x 10 year olds and buy the family ticket it would cost me £30

now if i bought I bought 1 x adult @ £12.50 and 2 x juvenile for my ten yearolds @ £5 each

£12.50 +
£ 5.00 +
£ 5.00 =

£22.50

cracking deal that one lads lol!

I sometimes want to give up with the logic in Football clubs

If your kids are older than 11 it's worth it eh?

bates out
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010
LEEDSLAD/03/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 14 Sep - 16:25:31

according to that the juvenile age (£5) is 5-11 year old which is the age range stated in the family ticket

and even if it was meant to be the under 18 @ £9 its a fantastic saving of 50p Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 14 Sep - 19:23:46

Go on snap those tickets up Daggers, it's got to be worthwhile to see them get their arses kicked on their anniversary. lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 14 Sep - 20:22:10

hoolahoop wrote:Go on snap those tickets up Daggers, it's got to be worthwhile to see them get their arses kicked on their anniversary. lol!

I reckon that might just be a mystic meg moment
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley-James Sun 16 Sep - 7:54:57

Entertaining match that was! Two teams trying to play football the right way and was really enjoyable..1 - 1 probably the right scoreline.

The 125 celebrations were also good as was the atmosphere from both sets of supporters (14,134 attendance - 2,500 from Blackpool).

The sun was shining, the atmosphere was good, we were playing attacking football and we held one of the best teams in the league to a 1 all draw keeping our unbeaten home form in tact.

All in all a good day for BFC!

Now, we just need to sort our away form out........

Barnsley-James
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 8:01:30

away form as well, you don't want much do you Shocked

crikey you'll have dreams of the premiership soon Rolling Eyes
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 17 Sep - 4:52:14

Seems like a great day out for all...........congratulations on your anniversary and btw a good result. Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 18 Sep - 5:19:21

Yep it was a great match played in a good atmosphere. Unbeaten at home makes a change from the last few seasons lol!! Hope we can start to pick up a few away points and we should be safe and sound this season.

But like they say........... It's a marathon, not a sprint!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 18 Sep - 5:30:14

NorthRed wrote:Yep it was a great match played in a good atmosphere. Unbeaten at home makes a change from the last few seasons lol!! Hope we can start to pick up a few away points and we should be safe and sound this season.

But like they say........... It's a marathon, not a sprint!!

''Game by game'' NR , I know it's an old cliche but that's the only way to look at Championship footy where anyone can beat anyone on any given date.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Tue 18 Sep - 11:02:50

we'll be safe wile ever we can hold on to Benny Hill, as soon as he goes we'll struggle.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthRed Tue 18 Sep - 17:07:56

When he goes pal I'll take over.... They will get a shock then!!
NorthRed
NorthRed
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down