The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colchester v Rovers

+6
Filo
donnyroversfc
hoolahoop
dickos1
Dagenham Rover
pkt_drfc
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Colchester v Rovers Empty Colchester v Rovers

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 16 Sep - 2:58:43

Am I dreaming or have we won. bounce cheers cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Colchester v Rovers Empty Re: Colchester v Rovers

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 3:08:36

We Won cheers
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 16 Sep - 3:48:09

Yes we won, although the quietness on here should tell you that. 9 points out of 15 is a great start to the season. There were some great performances today, keegan, cotterill, Quinn stood out but brown was outstanding

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 16 Sep - 3:52:35

To be honest dickos i have not posted much on here in weeks because i did not want to get drawn into all the bickering used to be a regular poster on here maybe i will get back into it again.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 4:01:42

pkt_drfc wrote:To be honest dickos i have not posted much on here in weeks because i did not want to get drawn into all the bickering used to be a regular poster on here maybe i will get back into it again.

Get back into it !!! tbh I've been a bit the same although its been a bit quiet all round ( he he he Sunderland just scored against Liverpool)
but I'm trying to let it all go over my head now, at the end of it though we all want the best for the club, Sometimes I wish for the pre internet days when you hardly heard anthing till it happened
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 16 Sep - 4:08:55

Wasn't having a go at anuone. Just an observation that it was a lot busier on here in the aftermath of Crawley and Yeovil.
The start this season has exceeded a lot of expectations including myself. Let's hope it continues

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 4:18:01

I wouldn't say its exceeded my expectations but its about on par for what I was hoping, but with the expectation of doing worse scratch

Just realised we have a game in hand over all the 8 teams above us so pretend weve got 3 points from that and we are right up there in the play off positions so perhaps we are exceeding my expectations cheers
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 16 Sep - 4:28:07

dickos1 wrote:Yes we won, although the quietness on here should tell you that. 9 points out of 15 is a great start to the season. There were some great performances today, keegan, cotterill, Quinn stood out but brown was outstanding

Fook right off I've just got in from work Evil or Very Mad Your spamming and winding up of posters is getting ridiculous. Some are still on their way back so why the stupid crass comment yet again.
Grow up ffs and just celebrate a very good win instead of making snide comment over snide comment.............just what is it with you scratch

Take it you are a better supporter 'in your eyes' eh than the rest of us..........get a life. I 've just signed on here to celebrate a great win only to read your drivel once again, why don't you save that for school ??
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 16 Sep - 5:14:31

Ha ha calm down you nutter. Not spamming was making a factual observation. After Yeovil it was busy. Don't mind excessive moaning when we get beat as long as there's positivity when we win. But the latter doesn't happen much on here. We've won 5 out of 7 games mate yet the mood is still dour

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 16 Sep - 6:34:39

dickos1 wrote:Ha ha calm down you nutter. Not spamming was making a factual observation. After Yeovil it was busy. Don't mind excessive moaning when we get beat as long as there's positivity when we win. But the latter doesn't happen much on here. We've won 5 out of 7 games mate yet the mood is still dour

'Nutter' that title would sit better on your head (excuse the unintended pun). However back off you are killing the forum, I came on to celebrate with all of you and instantly read a sarcastic post when I anticipated positive comments. Rant over now...................bring on the Runts on Tuesday. RTID
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 6:50:04

Chill out chaps heres to upsetting the Blunts Tuesday

Colchester v Rovers Drinking-beer

Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Sun 16 Sep - 6:57:58

I have backed off not posted in a while. But you must see I have a point, it just seems people only want to voice their opinion when something negative happens rather than celebrating the positives

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 7:21:38

dickos1 wrote:I have backed off not posted in a while. But you must see I have a point, it just seems people only want to voice their opinion when something negative happens rather than celebrating the positives

No I think you are wrong on that, Hoola has changed his job and has to work more weekends now, Pkt has already said, I have to work every other weekend ( sometimes it drops on away games sometimes home games) and at a rough guess Yorkie and Vix are travelling back up with the points safely in the boot of their car, can't answer for Skellow or Vicar, Leedslads probably sulking in his beer Laughing and our six fingered friends are probably still at Oakwell waiting for the 125th anniversary fireworks Shocked

Don't think I've missed anybody Smile

Anyway on a brighter note I didn't renew my Rovers player this year it ran out a month or so ago. Got an email today a tenner off if I renewed today well I couldn't resist Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 16 Sep - 8:09:47

Dagenham Rover wrote:

No I think you are wrong on that, Hoola has changed his job and has to work more weekends now, Pkt has already said, I have to work every other weekend ( sometimes it drops on away games sometimes home games) and at a rough guess Yorkie and Vix are travelling back up with the points safely in the boot of their car, can't answer for Skellow or Vicar, Leedslads probably sulking in his beer Laughing and our six fingered friends are probably still at Oakwell waiting for the 125th anniversary fireworks Shocked

Don't think I've missed anybody Smile

Anyway on a brighter note I didn't renew my Rovers player this year it ran out a month or so ago. Got an email today a tenner off if I renewed today well I couldn't resist Smile

Typical pensioner Laughing Laughing Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 8:14:39

pkt_drfc wrote:

Typical pensioner Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol! you never know I might use it to buy another round (only if its £2.50 a pint though)
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 16 Sep - 8:18:15

Well i will not complain. Laughing drunken drunken . Anyway if we all can play nice i am back posting regular and not the im bigger then you scenario
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 16 Sep - 8:21:14

pkt_drfc wrote:Well i will not complain. Laughing drunken drunken . Anyway if we all can play nice i am back posting regular and not the im bigger then you scenario

Good

thats it I'm off to bed now, work calling Bridlington by stupid o clock in the morning Shocked
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 16 Sep - 8:23:26

Good night
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sun 16 Sep - 21:09:22

Well less than 2 hours after the match has finished, and dickos is expecting this small forum to be ram packed with comments!

I can't use this site on my phone (can anyone?) so wasn't able to post. This forum was quiet BEFORE the match aswell (it has been for a bit) so why you pick up on it only after, baffles me. But then you are a fantastic supporter so i can't question you, my lord. You are my hero dickos, i hope to one day be as great as you are in supporting a football club.

On to the matter of the match, i didn't go! I expected us to lose though so a win is superb! I hear Saunders changed formation too? Again, superb and shows that he doesn't have such stubborn naivity that some would say he has. How did we play?

I notice in my post i have mentioned yesterdays match more than dickos, who was sarcastically dissing everyone for not commenting on the match. Oh well nevermind.

Keep it up rovers!
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Filo Sun 16 Sep - 23:32:31

donnyroversfc wrote:Well less than 2 hours after the match has finished, and dickos is expecting this small forum to be ram packed with comments!

I can't use this site on my phone (can anyone?) so wasn't able to post. This forum was quiet BEFORE the match aswell (it has been for a bit) so why you pick up on it only after, baffles me. But then you are a fantastic supporter so i can't question you, my lord. You are my hero dickos, i hope to one day be as great as you are in supporting a football club.

On to the matter of the match, i didn't go! I expected us to lose though so a win is superb! I hear Saunders changed formation too? Again, superb and shows that he doesn't have such stubborn naivity that some would say he has. How did we play?

I notice in my post i have mentioned yesterdays match more than dickos, who was sarcastically dissing everyone for not commenting on the match. Oh well nevermind.

Keep it up rovers!

In the interest of fairness and impartiality, I would hope that this comment will get the "fook right off" treatment as well, it`s a clear attempt to belittle a fellow poster and join in with the in crowd, it`s almost bullying, because he has a different opinion and express`s that without personal abuse, some may not have noticed that you did the dick part of dickos in italics, just to abuse him!

Filo
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 17 Sep - 0:16:28

Wind your neck in. Wasn't expecting it to be rammed just have the same interest as it does when we lose. Never going to happen though is it.
Whether you or hoola like it or not this site has a lot of negativity and if you don't agree with the negativity you get lambasted called names or sworn at.
The old DICKos is hilarious and very original you should be a comedian.
I know I'm a fantastic supporter ThankYou for noticing, shame I cannot repay the compliment.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by keepmoatman Mon 17 Sep - 0:33:14

Filo wrote:

In the interest of fairness and impartiality, I would hope that this comment will get the "fook right off" treatment as well, it`s a clear attempt to belittle a fellow poster and join in with the in crowd, it`s almost bullying, because he has a different opinion and express`s that without personal abuse, some may not have noticed that you did the dick part of dickos in italics, just to abuse him!

Got too agree there Filo its an attempt at bullying, water off a ducks back to dickos .This kind off thing ruins this site thus 5/6 regular posters .I think its time to remove from my favourites and send to history Sleep
keepmoatman
keepmoatman
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 17 Sep - 4:31:18

keepmoatman wrote:

Got too agree there Filo its an attempt at bullying, water off a ducks back to dickos .This kind off thing ruins this site thus 5/6 regular posters .I think its time to remove from my favourites and send to history Sleep

Well done Filo .......the plan is working isn't it. Rolling Eyes Both give as good as they get and they have both been warned in the past. Strange how you always seem to wade in with your erudite thoughts ONLY when certain forum members are under attack or when you yourself wish to attack others i.e Skellow or myself. The rarity of your own quality contributions always seem to be missing when posting on this site..........why it poses no threat to the main VSC site ?
Incidentally it would be interesting for you to point out to all the dumb members on here just why you consider this bullying bearing in mind many of the posts and campaigns against individuals on the VSC forum.

I'm personally sorry that you bought into this crap keepmoatman and hope that you reconsider bearing in mind that this in your words 'water off a duck's back' to dickos ......hardly being intimidated is he ?? If not you can toddle back into Filo's little fold like a good fella somehow I think you have more about you than that. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Mon 17 Sep - 4:54:03

To be fair hoola my post was tongue in cheek. There's lots of posts from skellow and yourself that are also tongue in cheek and sarcastic.
Your response was massively over the top, and if I'd have used that language towards yourself I'm sure I'd have been banned.
Just because I don't agree with a lot of what you and skellow believe and say doesn't in my opinion entitle you to belittle my opinions amongst yourselves and make snide jokes about happy clapping, Saunders son, etc etc etc etc Sleep
You yourself have been a vocal advocate of free speech on the other site many many many times, so it's a tad hypocritical when you behave like you do on here when you don't agree with my views.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 17 Sep - 6:10:25

dickos1 wrote:To be fair hoola my post was tongue in cheek. There's lots of posts from skellow and yourself that are also tongue in cheek and sarcastic.
Your response was massively over the top, and if I'd have used that language towards yourself I'm sure I'd have been banned.
Just because I don't agree with a lot of what you and skellow believe and say doesn't in my opinion entitle you to belittle my opinions amongst yourselves and make snide jokes about happy clapping, Saunders son, etc etc etc etc Sleep
You yourself have been a vocal advocate of free speech on the other site many many many times, so it's a tad hypocritical when you behave like you do on here when you don't agree with my views.
We don't do 'banning' on here usually we just pm the offender and amend a post to rid it of offending material (only of an extreme nature). We also appreciate there is a time and a place to be pointing fingers at folk.
You were sarcastic at an inopportune time and you seem to infer that most if not all posters on here wish our club to fail. Far from it and hence why we become prickly at the very suggestion .
Most on here know each other to be some of the strongest supporters who have only the well-being of the club at heart funnily enough...........LIKE YOU.
So can we behave like adults, drop the antipathy, have open minds and enjoy the current performances whilst raising issues that we feel are important to discuss re. the future of OUR club.
RTID. ok ?
The above highlighted part of your post also refers to the way you respond to those posts/posters you don't agree with too. Shocked

Last edited by hoolahoop on Mon 17 Sep - 6:22:10; edited 1 time in total
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next