The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 shots?

5 posters

Go down

20 shots? Empty 20 shots?

Post by donnyroversfc Wed 27 Feb - 9:32:43

Is it right that we had 20 shots tonight?!?

We clearly need a goalscorer!

Brown (too injury prone)
Barndoor (About as good as Steve Burton)
Hume (Not a 'goalscorer')

It's obvious that we need LOTS of transfers in the summer and for me a goalscorer is joint 1st on the list of importance (along side an actual GK, not the imposter we have currently). When you sell a player, you have to replace them... So in the summer we need to desperately replace Billy Sharp's goals.

P.S in totally unrelated news to this thread... Billy Kee scored 2 goals tonight. 13 goals (5 in his last 5) in 24 starts this season (after a start to the season where he was injured/unfit). Better than 1 in 2.

Career totals... 44 goals in 81 starts. Age:22

Invest in the summer Smile
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

20 shots? Empty Re: 20 shots?

Post by hoolahoop Wed 27 Feb - 21:34:13

Agreed that a player with the consistency of Billy Kee would be useful to draft in if we could but I would have preferred to ''blood'' him at this level first should we eventually go up.
As for Woods , I'm in 2 minds here..........he must improve but his confidence will be shot and it's upto everyone to try and get behind him. I doubt whether a replacement for him is envisaged anytime soon so we all have to make the best of what we've got and if that means we will have to score at least 2 goals per. game to get the wins ; then the midfield and attack cannot be as wasteful going forward. I still believe that he will make a keeper but he needs someone to guide him , his concentration at times is appalling.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Thu 28 Feb - 3:16:51

I think if we had have signed him in the summer... He'd be our top scorer now! He's already scored more than any of our players, but i think if he had Cotterill's deliveries, he'd have even more.

One of those players who'll score more and more with better players in an higher league.

He doesn't just score tap-ins either... Scored some belters Wink

Tbh hoola, G.Woods had the perfect goalkeeper to guide him in Sullivan! How long do we give him? His age is of no importance... There's 2 goalkeepers in this league who are the same age range, and both are better.
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 28 Feb - 23:27:01

the game was unbalivable we hit the xbar, the up right, great saves from there keeper, defenders legs, so we was very unlooky but it went flat for a bit when barn door came on

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 2 Mar - 5:25:42

donnyroversfc wrote:I think if we had have signed him in the summer... He'd be our top scorer now! He's already scored more than any of our players, but i think if he had Cotterill's deliveries, he'd have even more.

One of those players who'll score more and more with better players in an higher league.

He doesn't just score tap-ins either... Scored some belters Wink

Tbh hoola, G.Woods had the perfect goalkeeper to guide him in Sullivan! How long do we give him? His age is of no importance... There's 2 goalkeepers in this league who are the same age range, and both are better.

I'm afraid he won't be given that much longer if this persists. His lack of concentration could cost us £millions from hereon in. I hope he can improve rapidly, he will like any of our players keep my support until then .........especially in the stadium. RTID
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by donnievic Sat 2 Mar - 21:49:47

donnyroversfc wrote:Is it right that we had 20 shots tonight?!?

We clearly need a goalscorer!

Brown (too injury prone)
Barndoor (About as good as Steve Burton)
Hume (Not a 'goalscorer')

#

Like how you have put barn door is shit compared with hume who is just not a goalscorer??????

Pherhaps youshould go to sum games and then maybe we could buy your love obessed billy kee
donnievic
donnievic
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by donnyroversfc Sat 2 Mar - 22:08:04

donnievic wrote:#

Like how you have put barn door is shit compared with hume who is just not a goalscorer??????

Pherhaps youshould go to sum games and then maybe we could buy your love obessed billy kee

What does Billy Paynter offer then (i'd put him in the same bracket as Hume ie. link-up/worker, and hume is 100x better at that)? Hume is a very good player who plays to his strengths... A team always needs a 'goalscorer' along side a good link-up player who'll work hard on and off the ball.

A bit like how Hayter and Sharp worked together. Kee and Hume would be a good partnership imo.

Just watch Billy Kee's career... Hopefully he adds to his impressive goalscoring tally today, V Bristol Rovers.

P.S if Billy Paynter plays today, hopefully he scores too Smile
donnyroversfc
donnyroversfc
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 3 Mar - 5:43:41

I'm happy with what we've got for now Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by dickos1 Fri 8 Mar - 10:15:51

Not long ago everyone was moaning that we weren't having attempts, last few games other than mk dons we've had shit loads, so now were moaning about having 20 shots.

dickos1
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 8 Mar - 21:44:55

dickos1 wrote:Not long ago everyone was moaning that we weren't having attempts, last few games other than mk dons we've had shit loads, so now were moaning about having 20 shots.

True but they need to be accurate dickos.........however I do get your point.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down