The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coventry game

+2
hoolahoop
the vicar
6 posters

Go down

coventry game Empty coventry game

Post by the vicar Tue 26 Mar - 7:10:11

WILL be at the ricoh official

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

coventry game Empty Re: coventry game

Post by hoolahoop Thu 28 Mar - 4:27:37

the vicar wrote:WILL be at the ricoh official

There still seems to be uncertainty as to the venue and generally what is happening re.SISU, CCFC etc.......it's a puzzling situation that threatens to bring the game into disrepute.
It's simply unacceptable that the fans of both clubs should be treated so badly, wtf are the football authorities upto here ? Shocked
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Thu 28 Mar - 4:37:17

from the club site today as clear as MUD

Statement on behalf of Paul Appleton

Wed 27 Mar 2013

twitter
facebook
email
print

Image by :
Statement on behalf of the Joint Adminstrator for Coventry City FC Limited...

Since being appointed as Joint Administrator for Coventry City FC Limited (CCFCL) less than a week ago, I have been investigating a number of complex issues surrounding the Club.

Yesterday’s decision by Arena Coventry Limited (ACL) to withdraw their own Application for an Administration Order now leaves me with the sole task of continuing those investigations.

The position is the same as it was last Friday. CCFCL is in administration, Coventry City FC (Holdings) Limited is not.

Much has been said and written in the media from both sides. My task is to remain impartial, however, I need to make a few points clear to the most important people involved in this situation - the Coventry City fans.

There are obvious concerns amongst supporters and season ticket holders surrounding the future of the Club.

The main ones that are concerning the fans relate to the Club’s ability to fulfill its remaining fixtures, where the three final home matches will be played and the prospect of a 10-point deduction by the Football League.

I’d like to address these in order. While CCFCL - which was the tenant under the terms of the lease and licence to occupy the Ricoh Arena - is in Administration, Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited is not and will continue to run as normal under its existing management.

I met with Steven Pressley last week to give him, the players and the Club staff those assurances.

There has been much speculation following the decision by the Club to withdraw its staff from the Ricoh Arena last Friday that the Club would be forced to ground-share for the rest of the season.

I understand there is a scenario where a compromise between the Club and ACL remains a possibility. If, in my position as Administrator, I can help mediate between the two sides, then that is something I am happy to do. That is my message to both parties.

As for the possibility of a 10-point deduction, that all depends on who holds the Golden Share which allows the Club to play in the Football League.

CCFC (Holdings) Ltd believe they hold the Golden Share and, as they are not in Administration, should not be deducted 10 points.

The Football League believe the Golden Share rests with CCFC Ltd which would potentially mean points being docked.

I am continuing my investigation into the matter and, as such, cannot yet comment. All I would say is that I will endeavour to keep the fans as up to date as possible within the limitations of my role.

Inevitably, the process of Administration is a lengthy and complicated one and while I appreciate the pressing concerns of the all Coventry City fans, I would ask for their patience while my investigations continue.

Related Articles

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Thu 28 Mar - 19:48:03

At the Ricoh..................

Coventry Statement

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 29 Mar - 3:32:46

and deducted 10 points..........at the moment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21970140
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenrover Fri 29 Mar - 4:08:36

If CCFC hold the Golden Share where are they going to get the players from to fullfill the fixture tomorrow? Please someone correct me if I am wrong but wasn't CCFC declared to have no staff and no holdings? If the players are signed to CCFC (Holdings) then they are surely 3rd party so are all inellegible for tomorrows fixture please put me right on this one! scratch
ravenrover
ravenrover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 29 Mar - 4:16:33

ravenrover wrote:If CCFC hold the Golden Share where are they going to get the players from to fullfill the fixture tomorrow? Please someone correct me if I am wrong but wasn't CCFC declared to have no staff and no holdings? If the players are signed to CCFC (Holdings) then they are surely 3rd party so are all inellegible for tomorrows fixture please put me right on this one! scratch

I'm as baffled as anyone technically they appear to have no registered players, it may take a while for the league to work out what these shifty owners have been up to
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 29 Mar - 4:38:55

Ok then predictions I will be a pessimist and say a 3-1 Loss Sad Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 29 Mar - 7:02:49

pkt_drfc wrote:Ok then predictions I will be a pessimist and say a 3-1 Loss Sad Sad

Why do you keep doing that Pete ? The club is in a mess there is little if nothing to play for and possibly not even a team to put out..............why would we lose 3-1!! Shocked
A definite win Rovers 0-2 for me. Cool
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 29 Mar - 7:51:08

If young Pete wants to predict a Rovers loss and then we win thats fine by me he seems to be fairly adept at getting predictions wrong...........long may it carry on
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 29 Mar - 8:02:15

hoolahoop wrote:

Why do you keep doing that Pete ? The club is in a mess there is little if nothing to play for and possibly not even a team to put out..............why would we lose 3-1!! Shocked
A definite win Rovers 0-2 for me. Cool

Look back at my previous predictions Hoola lol! lol! lol!
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 29 Mar - 8:26:54

pkt_drfc wrote:

Yeh he is pretty crap at predicting lets face it it took him at least a year to predict the old Pug was dead ......we all worked it out in 5 minutes lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 29 Mar - 9:08:10

who is going i for one will be there

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 29 Mar - 9:08:22

who is going i for one will be there

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 29 Mar - 9:29:10

working Sad all you so and so's that want to go shopping on a Bank Holidays fault.

Close all shops on a Bank Holiday and a Sunday I say, oh and every other Saturday (but Saturdays are subject to a midseason swop round)
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 29 Mar - 10:10:04

Dagenham Rover wrote:

Yeh he is pretty crap at predicting lets face it it took him at least a year to predict the old Pug was dead ......we all worked it out in 5 minutes lol!

Well it was like the Phoenix a couple of times but when the clutch went that was it sadly. Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 30 Mar - 5:25:19

I blame Pkt and his predictions .............
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 30 Mar - 6:12:27

It's ok I will take the blame but it seems like we only turned up for the second half reading free press's tweets.
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 30 Mar - 6:26:21

pkt_drfc wrote:

Why oh why did you have to get it right today Pierre. Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 30 Mar - 8:02:51

Cos we just like making it difficult for ourselves
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down