The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup 3rd Round

+5
East Yorks Rover
MR NEGATIVE
hoolahoop
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FA Cup 3rd Round - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 3rd Round

Post by hoolahoop Tue 1 Dec - 10:38:40

superspy wrote:me neither, its our lasses gala dinner for work on the second so i probably wont even have to make the choice about the footy anyway. but even if i could do, i probably wouldnt, i mean, i'll follow donny anywhere if i think they are going to give it everything theyve got, but im not travelling that far to watch smith in goal if you catch my drift.

Come on 007 stop being so negative you sound like a Blunt ffs we lost a game ok , put some perspective on it .........ONE GAME!!
We need our supporters 'proud and loud' , the exact opposite of that dismal lot I had the misfortune to sit with on Satdi (mates excluded of course)...................OK ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Tue 1 Dec - 10:53:09

are you completely pissed hoola? lol

im not being negative in the slightest, you know im one of the most optimistic rovers fans around, i just dont wanna drive to london when i know o'driscoll is going to put a squad out which basically means he doesn't give a shit about the cup. if i thought he would play the first team then i would go. and yes, i know its to do with the league being more important and all that, and im not knocking that at all.

but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact we just lost to forest, and i didnt say we were going to lose, so sorry but i have absolutely no idea where you got all of that from, lol.

ps, 007.....like it! Very Happy

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 2 Dec - 9:35:50

superspy wrote:are you completely pissed hoola? lol

im not being negative in the slightest, you know im one of the most optimistic rovers fans around, i just dont wanna drive to london when i know o'driscoll is going to put a squad out which basically means he doesn't give a shit about the cup. if i thought he would play the first team then i would go. and yes, i know its to do with the league being more important and all that, and im not knocking that at all.

but it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact we just lost to forest, and i didnt say we were going to lose, so sorry but i have absolutely no idea where you got all of that from, lol.

ps, 007.....like it! Very Happy

''but even if i could do, i probably wouldnt, i mean, i'll follow donny anywhere if i think they are going to give it everything theyve got, but im not travelling that far to watch smith in goal if you catch my drift.''

Just didn't sound very positive in light of the way and who we played at Nott'm .........Mr. Bond
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 2 Dec - 11:43:01

nope, nothing to do with how we played at forest. we could have just beat man utd 3-0 in the champions league final and i'd still be saying im not driving down to london to watch our second string in.

lol, if im honest there is a part of me that really wants to go, the part of me that is a donny fan who enjoys away days and wants to follow the team anywhere i can, but if me and the missus did go (assuming it is played on the 3rd) its probably going to cost me somewhere in the region of 150 quid for the pair of us for the day when factoring fuel/food etc into the equation. why should i commit half a weeks wage to a match the manager doesnt care about?

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 2 Dec - 20:51:12

superspy wrote:nope, nothing to do with how we played at forest. we could have just beat man utd 3-0 in the champions league final and i'd still be saying im not driving down to london to watch our second string in.

lol, if im honest there is a part of me that really wants to go, the part of me that is a donny fan who enjoys away days and wants to follow the team anywhere i can, but if me and the missus did go (assuming it is played on the 3rd) its probably going to cost me somewhere in the region of 150 quid for the pair of us for the day when factoring fuel/food etc into the equation. why should i commit half a weeks wage to a match the manager doesnt care about?

He should care about it could be Manure after they've beaten the Scum and a decent amount in the bank. Cup runs are were money is made and we need both..........we haven't had a 'run' nor the money for some time.
I for one want to be in the next round and so should the club but like you am unable to afford this match, we have Palace , Derby, Coventry and PNE all away before the 9th. of Jan.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Wed 2 Dec - 21:59:52

yup, he SHOULD care about it, but you and i both know in his eyes its not worth risking our superstars, do you remember the last time we put our best team out for a cup match? i dont.

and exactly, i'll be at derby, coventry, and work permitting, PNE aswell.

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 2 Dec - 22:05:22

superspy wrote:yup, he SHOULD care about it, but you and i both know in his eyes its not worth risking our superstars, do you remember the last time we put our best team out for a cup match? i dont.

and exactly, i'll be at derby, coventry, and work permitting, PNE aswell.

Unfortunately you're right, the team against Spurs wasn't the best we had available on the day was it ?
I will 'arr lass permitting' be going to all 3 games too, the only one I'm having a problem with at the moment is Coventry away. Had the same problem last year couldn't go to Forest and ended up fookin about doing nowt all day..........I was livid!! Evil or Very Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Thu 3 Dec - 0:09:04

hoolahoop wrote:the only one I'm having a problem with at the moment is Coventry away. Had the same problem last year couldn't go to Forest and ended up fookin about doing nowt all day..........I was livid!! Evil or Very Mad

how come?

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 3 Dec - 4:04:08

superspy wrote:

how come?

His Better half has not said he can go yet.... lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Thu 3 Dec - 4:18:55

His other half is a very nice lady, I think Hoola is kept on a tight rein otherwise .............. lol! lol! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 3 Dec - 20:19:45

The game has now been confirmed as been played on Saturday 2nd Jan, 3pm kickoff , if a replay is needed that will be on Tuesday 12th january at the Keepmoat with a 7.45 kickoff.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 4 Dec - 9:43:43

East Yorks Rover wrote:His other half is a very nice lady, I think Hoola is kept on a tight rein otherwise .............. lol! lol! lol!

Yep it's a definite 'NO-NO' now confirmed for Boxing Day (football day)............sorry not happy !! Sad Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Fri 4 Dec - 21:17:25

hoolahoop wrote:

Yep it's a definite 'NO-NO' now confirmed for Boxing Day (football day)............sorry not happy !! Sad Sad Sad

yet another reason for not becoming pussy whipped Laughing

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 5 Dec - 2:35:21

superspy wrote:

yet another reason for not becoming pussy whipped Laughing

You just have to make sure they know who is boss... silent
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Sat 5 Dec - 2:46:31

yup, hence why stacey goes to the football with me instead of telling me i have to stay in :p haha

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Sat 5 Dec - 5:28:13

yorkie64red wrote:

You just have to make sure they know who is boss... silent

And we all know who that is don't we Vix??!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 5 Dec - 6:00:44

East Yorks Rover wrote:

And we all know who that is don't we Vix??!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Oh yes, wait till he gets home
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 5 Dec - 7:07:25

VixDRFC wrote:

Dan the Owl wants to meet up with us any suggestions for a meet close to town folks c. 5:30 folks ? Smile
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Sat 5 Dec - 10:18:34

VixDRFC wrote:

Makes a change for it to be someone else in hot water Hoola!!!

lol! lol! lol!

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 5 Dec - 10:24:16

LuckyGirl wrote:

Makes a change for it to be someone else in hot water Hoola!!!

lol! lol! lol!

I don't know how she lives with him!!! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 5 Dec - 23:32:48

hoolahoop wrote:

Dan the Owl wants to meet up with us any suggestions for a meet close to town folks c. 5:30 folks ? FA Cup 3rd Round - Page 2 Icon_smile

To be honest the best place would probably be the Cheswold, the Town centre will be busy with christmas shoppers and probably be a struggle to park, also Vix does not finish work till around 5.45pm, we are setting off straight away so should be at the Lakeside for just gone six, will have a think about it to see if there is anywhere else that is handy, what time do you leave work Steve, i am on mornings next week... FA Cup 3rd Round - Page 2 Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 6 Dec - 5:08:52

yorkie64red wrote:

To be honest the best place would probably be the Cheswold, the Town centre will be busy with christmas shoppers and probably be a struggle to park, also Vix does not finish work till around 5.45pm, we are setting off straight away so should be at the Lakeside for just gone six, will have a think about it to see if there is anywhere else that is handy, what time do you leave work Steve, i am on mornings next week... FA Cup 3rd Round - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Leaving work at 5:00 complete with 'pet wendy' fron work , I could pick Dan up as I'm only 5/10 mins. from town............down to Chessie meet you then Steve and take Dan in the KM bar to meet Steve . This way we could meet up with Will, Chris and their 'pet wendies' if that makes sense ?
Really looking forward to the game but think it will be a really tough gam,e........they will deffo be up for this one! Laughing Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 6 Dec - 5:13:47

Up for that, off to the Cinema now, speak later.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2