The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheffields World Cup Bid

5 posters

Go down

Sheffields World Cup Bid Empty Sheffields World Cup Bid

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 10 Sep - 5:01:34

am i the only person who don't give a toss as to if they get it or not .

Last edited by Nightmare on Thu 10 Sep - 5:08:44; edited 1 time in total
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Sheffields World Cup Bid Empty Re: Sheffields World Cup Bid

Post by Shem_Swfc Thu 10 Sep - 5:02:39

Nightmare wrote:I'm i the only person who don't give a toss as to if they get it or not .

Yep Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 10 Sep - 5:07:38

so then why do you care about the bid ?
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 10 Sep - 5:16:56

I Don't, for the club concerned and the city it will bring benefits , but it will probably end up costing the rest of south yorkshire, like increased policing costs etc, and it will be all of southyorkshire who ends up paying, a bit like the supertram, all of south yorkshire contribute through there council tax but i can't remember the last time i saw a tram running through the middle of doncaster.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Thu 10 Sep - 5:21:06

but what gets me is why do they wont it in the first place
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 10 Sep - 7:31:57

Nightmare wrote:but what gets me is why do they wont it in the first place
Good question is there anything in it for Barnsley and Doncaster but debt.........I doubt it. The World Student games spings to mind as does the subsidy for the Transport. For years this has been going on Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham subsidising Sheffield. confused confused
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 10 Sep - 21:19:13

Let em have it, just make them aware that any costs incurred will be payable by themselves, they will try and sell it as though all of South yorkshire and beyond will benefit, i just hope Sheffield get the roads sorted out there a disgrace, i can see why Sheff Wednesday want it, as its a chance to get there ground updated, but wheres the money coming from, we keep hearing about investors but they never seem to materialise, its only a few weeks ago they were asking for volunteers to go and paint the ground.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 10 Sep - 22:46:37

yorkie64red wrote:I can see why Sheff Wednesday want it, as its a chance to get there ground updated, but wheres the money coming from...

The new plans feature a learning zone and classrooms (exams are already held at Hillsborough), so with the project being of benefit the community, the club are hoping to access most of the money through government grants. Not exactly what you'll want to hear after your comments so far. Laughing
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Fri 11 Sep - 6:44:15

Dan_the_Owl wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:I can see why Sheff Wednesday want it, as its a chance to get there ground updated, but wheres the money coming from...

The new plans feature a learning zone and classrooms (exams are already held at Hillsborough), so with the project being of benefit the community, the club are hoping to access most of the money through government grants. Not exactly what you'll want to hear after your comments so far. Laughing
I think the promo views are really good but not sure it will come off for you. What do the Blunts think about your plans to elevate the stadium to the best in the city I wonder ? Neutral
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Shem_Swfc Fri 11 Sep - 6:47:16

Money is coming from Government grants and council tax Very Happy
Shem_Swfc
Shem_Swfc

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 11 Sep - 6:49:32

My office sharing Blade Mate told me that when the owls get their stadium improvements completed it will bring Hillsbrough upto the standard that BDTBL is now, before they start on there own improvements. Twisted Evil
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 11 Sep - 6:50:44

Shem_Swfc wrote:Money is coming from Government grants and council tax Very Happy

Have the Government got any money left... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Fri 11 Sep - 6:52:07

[quote="hoolahoop"]
Dan_the_Owl wrote:What do the Blunts think about your plans to elevate the stadium to the best in the city I wonder ? Neutral

They're naturally cynical of course. Rolling Eyes Wink
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down