The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The end of Teletext

+4
FevTyke
WakeyTerrier
Terrier2009
yorkie64red
8 posters

Go down

The end of Teletext Empty The end of Teletext

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Dec - 0:54:58

Before Digital tv i used to use teletext alot, seems that the internet has finally killed it of with it to finish by mid December, can't say i will really miss it though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/jersey/hi/tv_and_radio/newsid_8366000/8366937.stm
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

The end of Teletext Empty Re: The end of Teletext

Post by Terrier2009 Wed 16 Dec - 1:19:07

No, I hardly ever use it now but am sure there are some people who will really miss it.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by WakeyTerrier Wed 16 Dec - 2:55:30

It was shite anyway, Internet is loads better Very Happy
WakeyTerrier
WakeyTerrier
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Wed 16 Dec - 3:28:08

This news will break my dads heart, he always goes on teletext. He says he can't get his head round all this new technology Laughing he'd better learn pretty quick
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 16 Dec - 4:08:08

FevTyke wrote:This news will break my dads heart, he always goes on teletext. He says he can't get his head round all this new technology The end of Teletext Icon_lol he'd better learn pretty quick

You have a point there, i think most people assume that everyone has a Computer and goes on them regulary, i know more people who don't bother with computers then do, not saying they use Teletext but i suppose plenty do and will miss it. The end of Teletext Icon_scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 16 Dec - 5:01:37

FevTyke wrote:This news will break my dads heart, he always goes on teletext. He says he can't get his head round all this new technology Laughing he'd better learn pretty quick

My Dads exactly the same, always on teletext checking his lottery looking at the news in different regions etc, Hows an 85 year old going to get his head round the Internet, bloody hell it took him 30 years to get his head round Teletext Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Wed 16 Dec - 7:43:40

use it a lot during the adverts.
Offline from today for the news and sport on ITV.
Good job my mam and dad learnt how to use computers a couple of years back. 78 year olds and use skype,digi pics etc.
Dad watched the footie for free if he can find links.
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 16 Dec - 21:49:55

Use it at work when a telly is the quickest way to access a score on a Satdi when the boss is prowling around the offices. I always insist that one of the customers requested me to put it on! Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckyGirl Thu 17 Dec - 0:02:34

A lot of people will miss it no doubt. I don't see why they have to take it out.

What about the deaf who rely on it for subtitles?

LuckyGirl
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 17 Dec - 2:03:29

LuckyGirl wrote:A lot of people will miss it no doubt. I don't see why they have to take it out.

What about the deaf who rely on it for subtitles?

The Subtitles will remain as well as some Horse Racing and Holiday bookings, apart from that from today it is no more, from what i understand it is provided by a independant company not the TV stations and is heavily reliant on advertising to fund it and it seems they are just not getting it in anymore.
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier2009 Thu 17 Dec - 12:00:10

I can see why they are getting rid of it as more and more people are using the internet and everything is accessible on there. I do think it's a shame though as there are a number of people I know who used it regularly. You can't blame them though if it's not making money anymore, this is a bad time financially.

Terrier2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum