The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Varney to return?

4 posters

Go down

Varney to return? Empty Varney to return?

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 21:59:03

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sheffield-Wednesday-manager-Alan-Irvine-has-signed-Derby-County-striker-Luke-Varney-on-loan-article284923.html

Varney flies back to Owls

Derby outcast Luke Varney will be Sheffield Wednesday boss Alan Irvine’s first signing on a season-long loan.

The striker was with the Owls for a spell last year and has been allowed to return by Nigel Clough.

Clough will bring in a new striker – and also wants rid of several under-performers following a pitiful campaign.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Varney to return? Empty Re: Varney to return?

Post by Dan_the_Owl Tue 12 Jan - 22:00:35

Hard to say if this is just lazy journalism or not. It's certainly an easy assumption to make given that he's had two loan spells here.

If he is coming back, I wouldn't be too disappointed. He's no world beater, but he's certainly a better option than Clarke or Jeffers. However, I'd certainly be hoping that Irvine could get more from him than Laws ever did.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 12 Jan - 22:09:33

Varney is the best striker you have in that squad if he returns, and yes I do know who else is there. He was sensational as a kid at Crewe, Derby couldn't get the best out of him, and I am not too sure Laws could either. HE will save you from relegation for sure if you feed him in the right way. He would do the same job as Billy if Sean got hold of him. If Derby are having a throw out can we have Greeny back please? Laughing
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by wxm owl Tue 12 Jan - 22:17:35

but we do not no if varney is the best striker we have ? Jeffers as never been given a good run in the team by laws you never now ?
wxm owl
wxm owl
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 14 Jan - 0:00:02

I'd be very happy if we brought Varney back on loan. I've said many times that he's not someone i'd want us to spend money on in terms of a transfer fee, but i'd happily accept us paying his wages until the end of the season. He works very hard and clearly wants to be here, unlike the other strikers.

Jeffers had a very long run in the team last season, and scored 3 goals I believe, one of which was a penalty. He is lazy and doesn't offer anything.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 14 Jan - 9:16:45

The Wednesday wrote:I've said many times that he's not someone i'd want us to spend money on in terms of a transfer fee, but i'd happily accept us paying his wages until the end of the season.

In that case, we'd both be happy to have him back until the end of the season. He certainly offers as much as the rest of the strikers we have at present.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down