The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owls lifted by Irvine influence

3 posters

Go down

Owls lifted by Irvine influence Empty Owls lifted by Irvine influence

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 13 Jan - 5:18:01

From the Star;

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Sheffield-Wednesday-lifted-by-Irvine.5973522.jp

ALAN Irvine is raising Wednesday spirits as they focus on Saturday's South Yorkshire derby at Barnsley, says Steve Watson.
The Owls former club captain says that the new manager is one of the most highly regarded coaches in football and will keep training sessions enjoyable.

Watson joined in a workout on the Hillsborough pitch yesterday - still awaiting a chat with Irvine about whether or not he will play an official role on the backroom staff, having been helping caretaker boss Sean McAuley informally.

Watson was playing at Newcastle and Everton when Irvine was a coach there. "He's a fantastic coach; our lads are going to enjoy his sessions," he said.

"Personally, I'm in no rush, and the most important thing this week is our game at Barnsley. If nothing else, I'm going to be learning from Alan, even if it's advice about the best way to go now, here or somewhere else."

Akpo Sodje has returned to Hillsborough at the end of his two months on loan with Charlton but his future is still in doubt.

It is understood that the Owls are waiting to see if they will be tempted by an offer from the Addicks to keep the striker. If Sodje goes, it is almost certain an Irvine signing would follow.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Owls lifted by Irvine influence Empty Re: Owls lifted by Irvine influence

Post by Dan_the_Owl Wed 13 Jan - 5:26:46

I'm not one to get carried away, and I'll of course be judging Irvine on results, but it's a good sign if the players are enjoying the training and feeling rejuvenated. It's only natural that there should be a bit of a buzz around the place with a new manager in place, but nonetheless.

Great to see Steve Watson sticking around for now. I reckon Irvine (with their previous association at both Newcastle and Everton) will be looking at making his stay permanent. His experience and the respect he commanded from the squad as club captain can only be beneficial.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wednesday Thu 14 Jan - 0:16:05

It would be great to see Steve Watson here on a permanent basis again. He could have cut it as a player for one last season if he hadn't been injured, so being here as a coach is the next best thing.
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 14 Jan - 4:53:22

The Wednesday wrote:It would be great to see Steve Watson here on a permanent basis again. He could have cut it as a player for one last season if he hadn't been injured, so being here as a coach is the next best thing.

These next 4 weeks are going to be crucial to your survival, question is can he get it to 'click' fast enough.?........I hope so. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 14 Jan - 9:19:37

hoolahoop wrote:These next 4 weeks are going to be crucial to your survival, question is can he get it to 'click' fast enough.?........I hope so. Wink

I really hope so! I think the fact that urgency is required in turning the situation around is just another good reason why Steve Watson should be kept on. He's familiar with the squad, well liked by the fans, and respected by the players. Could definitely help to smooth the transition into the (hopefully long-lived) Alan Irvine era.
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down