The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUTTED!!!

+3
pkt_drfc
thornabyred
MR NEGATIVE
7 posters

Go down

GUTTED!!! Empty GUTTED!!!

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 28 Feb - 8:10:47

my knee has been killing for a long time so i booked an appointment in the doctors at 10:20 this morning,then the doctor told me how bad this was,it was my achiles tendon on both legs they were too short and it was causing me discomfort.
The the doc told me surgery is required,that was bad enough but then it got worse,he told how i would be out for a minimum of 16 weeks after the op and then i will have to go through all that physio and fitness crap.
They are going to piss about and do 2 seperate ops for both legs and i will have all my leg and foot potted up,unable to walk for weeks,stuck in hospital for a few days in sheff.

I truly am gutted as 16 week at best seems far too long to be on the sidelines and this really has fucked me up till the end of the season and probaly worse.

Getting a phone call this week explaining when the hospital can fit me in for the op.

gutted
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

GUTTED!!! Empty Re: GUTTED!!!

Post by thornabyred Sun 28 Feb - 8:12:08

hope it goes well
thornabyred
thornabyred

http://www.thornaby.org.uk,

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 28 Feb - 8:16:26

Nevermind Jack wendies sponser sheffield childrens hospital hope it all goes well
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 28 Feb - 8:17:40

roversboy4lyf wrote:my knee has been killing for a long time so i booked an appointment in the doctors at 10:20 this morning,then the doctor told me how bad this was,it was my achiles tendon on both legs they were too short and it was causing me discomfort.
The the doc told me surgery is required,that was bad enough but then it got worse,he told how i would be out for a minimum of 16 weeks after the op and then i will have to go through all that physio and fitness crap.
They are going to piss about and do 2 seperate ops for both legs and i will have all my leg and foot potted up,unable to walk for weeks,stuck in hospital for a few days in sheff.

I truly am gutted as 16 week at best seems far too long to be on the sidelines and this really has fucked me up till the end of the season and probaly worse.

Getting a phone call this week explaining when the hospital can fit me in for the op.

gutted

Hard Luck Jack. hope it goes ok..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Sun 28 Feb - 8:18:20

I am gutted,i will even struggle to get to games.
I am distraught and even shed tears in the doctors waiting room.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 28 Feb - 8:22:02

pkt_drfc wrote:Nevermind Jack wendies sponser sheffield childrens hospital hope it all goes well

Don't you think he will have suffered enough without having the Sheffield Wednesday team turning up...best take your Rovers top in with you Jack just to be on the safe side.. lol! lol! lol! lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 28 Feb - 19:27:56

roversboy4lyf wrote:I am gutted,i will even struggle to get to games.
I am distraught and even shed tears in the doctors waiting room.

Right then young un i know it seems as though you have got the shity end of the stick, and to be honest you have, but its better now wile your still at school and young enough to recover quickly, then it would be having to have the op in your mid to late twenty's having to miss work and live on sick pay when you have a house to run or even maybe a wife and kids to support. you miss a week or two of school and the last month or so of the football season its not the end of the world, i know its not something that you want to go through no-one would, but this is all part of life and growing up, in life every so often things like this come along and it seems like the end of the world at your age, but its not pal you have to take it on the chin roll up your sleeves and fight back, little boys cry and sulk, men get on with it be a man and don't let it brake you use this time to help you through life instead of felling sorry for your shelf, hit the books get in front with your school work, look into things you would like to do after school and make sure you get the things you need to do what you choose, i know your only young and a few years off driving but i can't see the harm in taking a look at hazard perception and theory test as your going to need to know it all at some stage and it could be a welcome brake from school work, or you could waste your time on the internet and games consoles for 16 weeks its up to you but if you approach things in the right way this bad time in your life could be the making of you.

GOOD LUCK PAL, AND GET WELL SOON.
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Mon 1 Mar - 4:11:04

Cheers.
Yeah i suppose i just need to get on with it,its only going to get worse and i need to have the op so best to have it sooner rather than later.
Still upset but lets look at the positives.

Fit for next season.
Hopefully will fix the knee prob.
All the presents i will get.
All the time off school.
Mum and dad and sister all doing jobs for me.

Its terrible in the short term but i suppose its loads better in the long term.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Wed 3 Mar - 3:35:32

Ok Mate how's it going?

I did my Achilles two years ago come June playing 5 a side at Guisborough.I was lucky in one way that I went straight to Hospital and got it seen to.Only becasue the wife made me go. I thought it would wear off!

Was out of action for most of the summer laid up with a pot on my leg.

Even now I still get a bit of bother from it but I am a lot older than you and you will heal better than I did.

Take care and don't try and rush back too quickly.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Thu 4 Mar - 7:42:39

Did mine about 2 years back running for a bus(about 10 yards) felt it burn and pull. Never went to hospital and just strapped it up,wish I had gone.
Took nearly a year to get right and still get a twinge now if I over exert.
Allthough I do a lot of fast walking evry day,darent try running.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Cook Thu 4 Mar - 21:27:48

I actually heard the 'twang' when I went down like a sack of spuds. pale

Still haven't tried to run on it and it is still painful.
Captain Cook
Captain Cook
Boro Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Fri 5 Mar - 6:09:52

Still waiting to hear from hospital.
Should be before end of weekend at least.
Its hurting.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 11 Mar - 7:40:21

Hospital rang today,booked an appointment for all my blood tests and scans and x rays and everything for wednesday 17th.
Just going to have a look at my achiles basically.

Not looking forward to it however it needs fixing.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 18 Mar - 3:35:57

Just got back 10 mins ago.
Doctor sending me for physio for few month and if it dont improve then they have to operate.

Well at-least i never came home with a pot on my leg. Ha
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 18 Mar - 4:07:31

Well at least you will see this season out Jack.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by MR NEGATIVE Thu 18 Mar - 4:11:29

Yeah thats the thing.
Doctor says i cant play competitive sunday leauge football for 2 month just to help it recover,i can start light training after a month before physio.
MR NEGATIVE
MR NEGATIVE
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by thornabyred Thu 18 Mar - 7:08:59

Dont overdo it, use heat pads and ice packs as well when you are sitting watching tv or on computer.
thornabyred
thornabyred

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 18 Mar - 7:42:02

thornabyred wrote:Dont overdo it, use heat pads and ice packs as well when you are sitting watching tv or on computer.

Chocolate, crisps and pop too , keep your mam busy. lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down