The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gutted

5 posters

Go down

Gutted Empty Gutted

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 7:10:37

I suppose after playing with 10 men a draw should be seen as a decent result away from home but still feel robbed, they were better in the second half but that was an improvement on the ist half when they were abysmal, if that dissalowed goal had stood then who knows what the final result would have been, just goes to show the defence needs sorting out and fast ....it is the weak link in our chain, Sully had a great game along with Billy , personally i would have left himn on and would not have subbed Copps for Webster, but thats life and need to move onto the next game..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Gutted Empty Re: Gutted

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 7:50:04

Like Hoola said ...it shows how things have changed when little donny come away from bumhole lane dissapointed not to get 3 points where as the mighty blades come away absolutley delighted with a point...that power shift is well underway... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Tue 4 Jan - 8:01:50

Yep as you already know my feelings on the game we have got to stop doing the hard work and P**SING it away happening too many times now and we just say oh it's OK i'm sorry not good enough time to sort the back out do not care who we get aslong as we make it solid then we will be the full package
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 8:04:37

pkt_drfc wrote:Yep as you already know my feelings on the game we have got to stop doing the hard work and P**SING it away happening too many times now and we just say oh it's OK i'm sorry not good enough time to sort the back out do not care who we get aslong as we make it solid then we will be the full package

Spot on pete....sort out the defence and we will see the progress we all know the squad are capable off...and it needs doing fast..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 4 Jan - 8:50:16

I agree with both your posts, we are still 2 players from being a P/Off team.
I can see why the Blades fans are disaffected going on the first 85 minutes of the game, perhaps with their attitudes they get exactly what they deserve.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 8:53:30

The way the Blades were behaving when they got there equaliser, i wonder just whos cup final it really was... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Tue 4 Jan - 9:02:12

What makes me seethe is that Kozluk shouldn't have even been on the pitch to score an equaliser, on a yellow card then he gives the penalty away for the blatent push on Copps and doesnt get booked
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 4 Jan - 9:21:28

VixDRFC wrote:What makes me seethe is that Kozluk shouldn't have even been on the pitch to score an equaliser, on a yellow card then he gives the penalty away for the blatent push on Copps and doesnt get booked

Ah but he plays for a very very big club and the rules are different for referees............he should have been off!! Mad Mad Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by RedJ Tue 4 Jan - 17:48:43

hoolahoop wrote:

Ah but he plays for a very very big club and the rules are different for referees............he should have been off!! Mad Mad Mad

Never heard of them myself. Now Accrington Stanley, THERE'S a big club.
RedJ
RedJ
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 20:12:34

Sounds like Sod was not happy, he says that the only time you get 6+ minuites added time is for a serious injury...that twat was not seriously injured milked it and the ref fell for it..Sod also says you can argue about if a penalty should or shouldn't be given or about fouls , but throw ins should be as clear as day and the ones they were taking including the one they got the equaliser from was taken much further forward then it should have been not that there scorer should even have been on the pitch after bringing Copps down when the penalty was awarded... No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 20:15:21

yorkie64red wrote:Sounds like Sod was not happy, he says that the only time you get 6+ minuites added time is for a serious injury...that twat was not seriously injured milked it and the ref fell for it..Sod also says you can argue about if a penalty should or shouldn't be given or about fouls , but throw ins should be as clear as day and the ones they were taking including the one they got the equaliser from was taken much further forward then it should have been not that there scorer should even have been on the pitch after bringing Copps down when the penalty was awarded... No

heres a link..

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/170268/Sheffield-United-2-Doncaster-2-Sean-blast-at-Bates/
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 20:43:56

Just seen there equalising goal and there player elbows Locky at which point he goes over and scores the goal, there player then looks to see if it was noticed....should never have been allowed... No
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 4 Jan - 22:31:03

Just listened to Billys post match interview on player and he sounds really gutted, said we should have won the game as we were the better side and that if Souza was sent off then there were other players who should have gone the same way...i assume the mark on the side of his face is where he was kicked in the head during the game...praised the fans who he said were behind the team all way through the game...worth a listen if you subscribe to player..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Jan - 8:26:41

I'm just furious that Suckscock or whatever his name is should even have been on the pitch to score the winning goal.
He wasn't even given a booking for conceeding the penalty........I'm bemused. Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Wed 5 Jan - 9:08:44

yorkie64red wrote:Just seen there equalising goal and there player elbows Locky at which point he goes over and scores the goal, there player then looks to see if it was noticed....should never have been allowed... No

And that is the one point in the match that makes me want to slap someone.

Yes in the heat of the moment it was "can't defend a lead, throw away a 2 goal advantage" etc but look what it comes down to - a first goal from a throw in taken 10-15 yards further up the pitch than it should have been and an equaliser despite our defender being fouled in the box, from a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place

I know its easy to blame the ref but we get shite ones, despite winning on Saturday the ref missed two off the ball fouls on Stock.

Once the ref had given the penalty yesterday he was never going to give us anything else, he wasn't strong enough to stand up to their players and their fans
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Jan - 10:30:48

VixDRFC wrote:

And that is the one point in the match that makes me want to slap someone.

Yes in the heat of the moment it was "can't defend a lead, throw away a 2 goal advantage" etc but look what it comes down to - a first goal from a throw in taken 10-15 yards further up the pitch than it should have been and an equaliser despite our defender being fouled in the box, from a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place

I know its easy to blame the ref but we get shite ones, despite winning on Saturday the ref missed two off the ball fouls on Stock.

Once the ref had given the penalty yesterday he was never going to give us anything else, he wasn't strong enough to stand up to their players and their fans

Funny thing though Vix is that when you read Bladesmad ...............they feel hard done to ! Mad Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 5 Jan - 10:37:22

hoolahoop wrote:

Funny thing though Vix is that when you read Bladesmad ...............they feel hard done to ! Mad Mad

I have never come away from a game and even now a day later feel so agrieved against that club and its supporters, my blood pressure must be soaring... Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 5 Jan - 10:40:55

Tomorrow is another day.....................night Sleep
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content