The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready the Gavel!

3 posters

Go down

Ready the Gavel! Empty Ready the Gavel!

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 11 Mar - 6:04:38

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. What a pathetic self-pitying bunch they are. Also, I wonder about the repercussions for Sheffield's part in the 2018 World Cup bid. This will not be impressing anyone.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sheffield-United-head-to-court.6138020.jp

Sheffield United head to court claiming council Owls bias

Published Date: 10 March 2010

SHEFFIELD United are going to court to accuse the council of bias for supporting Sheffield Wednesday's bid to become a World Cup venue.
The Blades have applied for a judicial review of how Sheffield Council granted the Owls planning permission to redevelop their Hillsborough ground in time for the 2018 finals.

But the council has hit back, calling United's claims "apparently gratuADVERTISEMENTitous and unsubstantiated".
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Ready the Gavel! Empty Re: Ready the Gavel!

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Mar - 6:09:02

They do like there day in court it has to be said.... lol!
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 11 Mar - 6:13:39

yorkie64red wrote:They do like there day in court it has to be said.... lol!

That must be it Brian, because I'm sure you'll agree there is NOTHING to be gained by this action. Hillsborough has been selected ahead of Bramall Lane, but they just can't seem to let go.

The fuss they're making about this does make me wonder how much they had invested in this bid financially. Surely they didn't put all their eggs in the World Cup basket? Shocked
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 11 Mar - 6:17:54

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

That must be it Brian, because I'm sure you'll agree there is NOTHING to be gained by this action. Hillsborough has been selected ahead of Bramall Lane, but they just can't seem to let go.

The fuss they're making about this does make me wonder how much they had invested in this bid financially. Surely they didn't put all their eggs in the World Cup basket? Shocked

Might be a way of deflecting attention from there Manager as well, something that the little grunters will unite on. Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_the_Owl Thu 11 Mar - 6:18:39

yorkie64red wrote:Might be a way of deflecting attention from there Manager as well, something that the little grunters will unite on. Smile

You might have something there. Shoes off at the courthouse! pig
Dan_the_Owl
Dan_the_Owl

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 16 Mar - 8:58:23

Dan_the_Owl wrote:

You might have something there. Shoes off at the courthouse! pig

Having been to both and taking into account your a mate, I still think that Bumhole would have been the better placed and prepared stadium. Whatever happens and Jeez there would be a mammoth task at both stadia, we still have to win the World Cup bid.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 16 Mar - 10:01:37

hoolahoop wrote:

Having been to both and taking into account your a mate, I still think that Bumhole would have been the better placed and prepared stadium. Whatever happens and Jeez there would be a mammoth task at both stadia, we still have to win the World Cup bid.

And like i have said on many occassion , i don't care who gets it as long as it does not cost the rest of south yorkshire one penny, like the tram.. Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 17 Mar - 9:29:38

yorkie64red wrote:

And like i have said on many occassion , i don't care who gets it as long as it does not cost the rest of south yorkshire one penny, like the tram.. Very Happy

I coiuldn't agree more , oh and you forgot the World Student Games which we tipped in for! Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down