The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swansea tuesday Night.

+3
hoolahoop
The Wednesday
yorkie64red
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swansea tuesday Night. Empty Swansea tuesday Night.

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 10:09:22

Want to try and put Scumthorpe behind me, so will look towards tuesday night when we welcome Swansea to the Keepmoat, i had high hopes for this game prior to today, but do we have enough to come away with the 3 points, they had a good win today against Sheffield Utd, without Oster and not knowing if Shackle or Copps will play its going to be tough, we really do need the win but at the moment i think we will do well to get a point, hope i'm wrong Rolling Eyes

Last edited by yorkie64red on Sun 27 Sep - 20:55:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Swansea tuesday Night. Empty Re: Swansea tuesday Night.

Post by The Wednesday Sun 27 Sep - 20:46:55

yorkie64red wrote:Want to try and put Scumthorpe behind me, so will look towards tuesday night when we welcome Swansea to the Keepmoat, i had high hopes for this game prior to today, but do we have enough to come away with the 3 points, they had a good win today against wednesday, without Oster and not knowing if Shackle or Copps will play its going to be tough, we really do need the win but at the moment i think we will do well to get a point, hope i'm wrong Rolling Eyes

Was I at the wrong ground yesterday? Could've sworn we were playing Cardiff at Hillsborough... bounce
The Wednesday
The Wednesday
Wednesday Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 27 Sep - 20:51:58

The Wednesday wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:Want to try and put Scumthorpe behind me, so will look towards tuesday night when we welcome Swansea to the Keepmoat, i had high hopes for this game prior to today, but do we have enough to come away with the 3 points, they had a good win today against wednesday, without Oster and not knowing if Shackle or Copps will play its going to be tough, we really do need the win but at the moment i think we will do well to get a point, hope i'm wrong Rolling Eyes

Was I at the wrong ground yesterday? Could've sworn we were playing Cardiff at Hillsborough... bounce

Embarassed My mistake, too much to drink yesterday and spending too much time dwelling on our result Embarassed
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 1:15:22

The lineup on tuesday will be intersting with no Oster and Fortune my guess is.

Sully
Roberts
Shackle ( if fit ) Webster if not
Lockwood
O Connor

Woods
Shiels
Wilson
Copps ( if fit ) Spicer if not

Sharp
Fairhurst

Subs

Smith - Spicer - Heffernan - Hird - Chambers - Wilson ( Jack ) Hayter

And that is just about every player we have available, time for the loan market .. scratch

Last edited by yorkie64red on Mon 28 Sep - 1:23:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 1:36:16

With the trees winning at Plymouth today we drop a place with forest overtaking us, really need the win on tuesday night need to break away from the btm pack...
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 28 Sep - 4:39:04

yorkie64red wrote:With the trees winning at Plymouth today we drop a place with forest overtaking us, really need the win on tuesday night need to break away from the btm pack...
Usually the optimist, I fear for us over the next 3/4 weeks. The squad is too weak and now even weaker, twice we have been in front against weaker opponents and ended up with a nervous draw...............it's not looking good.
Tell me I'm wrong please!! Sad Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 4:45:33

hoolahoop wrote:
yorkie64red wrote:With the trees winning at Plymouth today we drop a place with forest overtaking us, really need the win on tuesday night need to break away from the btm pack...
Usually the optimist, I fear for us over the next 3/4 weeks. The squad is too weak and now even weaker, twice we have been in front against weaker opponents and ended up with a nervous draw...............it's not looking good.

Your Wrong Smile i think we will get a win on tuesday night, swansea had a couple of players sent off yesterday like us, they are not the team they were last season and the one thing we have improved on is scoring goals, if we can just tighten up the defence i think we will nick this one... bounce
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wizard Mon 28 Sep - 5:08:04

We will win on Tuesday. I think he may get a midfielder in on loan in case we lose anyone else. Billy has got his goal now and lets just sit back and watch him go. He is playing some of the best football he has played at this level after 3 starts and i hope he see this when chosing his next club. He will get 20 goals this season. Still not sure if he can play sat, if he can't then heffs needs some games to get him up to speed. I thought he looked sharp when coming on on sat. We may get to see how good this young Jack wilson is in the coming games. We are 2 points better off now than at this time last year AND we are SCORING GOALS but at the same time letting a load in but it will come. Our aim is to stay up and try to build year on year and i feel we are doing this. Donny2 Swans 0

Red Wizard
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Mon 28 Sep - 5:12:47

I've got a great feeling about Tuesday am going for a 2-1 rovers win.Swansea are not the side there were last season
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 5:22:32

Red Wizard wrote:We will win on Tuesday. I think he may get a midfielder in on loan in case we lose anyone else. Billy has got his goal now and lets just sit back and watch him go. He is playing some of the best football he has played at this level after 3 starts and i hope he see this when chosing his next club. He will get 20 goals this season. Still not sure if he can play sat, if he can't then heffs needs some games to get him up to speed. I thought he looked sharp when coming on on sat. We may get to see how good this young Jack wilson is in the coming games. We are 2 points better off now than at this time last year AND we are SCORING GOALS but at the same time letting a load in but it will come. Our aim is to stay up and try to build year on year and i feel we are doing this. Donny2 Swans 0

Lets hope Billy does start on saturday, if he does there will be no holding him back, you only had to look at him yesterday to see what scoring that goal meant to him, i am actually feeling alot better about this season then this time last when if we went a goal down then the game was over , not this time round i feel confident every game, like John Ryan said, enjoy it now is the best time to be a Rovers Supporter Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 5:24:10

MattyDRFC wrote:I've got a great feeling about Tuesday am going for a 2-1 rovers win.Swansea are not the side there were last season

Thats right Matty, positive thoughts defeat is not an option Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 28 Sep - 5:50:45

yorkie64red wrote:
MattyDRFC wrote:I've got a great feeling about Tuesday am going for a 2-1 rovers win.Swansea are not the side there were last season

Thats right Matty, positive thoughts defeat is not an option Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OK you lot have chastised me enough for my pessimism 2-0 Rovers , Woods and Sharp to score.
Btw it's good to see Wizzy and Matty posting again on here. Come on other registered Rovers lets see some posts from you to make the site more diverse.............oh and there are some Dingles wanting some banter!! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 5:56:04

oh and there are some Dingles wanting some banter!! lol! lol![/quote]

Your new friends eh, must have been your recent visit to Barnsley, by the way hows the boils... affraid
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 28 Sep - 7:37:59

yorkie64red wrote:oh and there are some Dingles wanting some banter!! lol! lol!

Your new friends eh, must have been your recent visit to Barnsley, by the way hows the boils... affraid[/quote]
Lanced, they've still got the Black death rampant there!! However Scumthorpe and the Scunts themselves are running a very close first in my most hated towns.
There is of course the ultimate shitehole ...........................Roverum ugh!! affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 7:42:45

You need to start a Poll Hoola,

Barnsley
Scunny
Leeds
Rovrum

Heck who do you choose... scratch
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 28 Sep - 7:51:48

yorkie64red wrote:You need to start a Poll Hoola,

Barnsley
Scunny
Leeds
Rovrum

Heck who do you choose... scratch

Fook knows..........................Fook where are you ? I'll get my coat.....
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 28 Sep - 10:34:10

hoolahoop wrote:

You are wrong Hoola, we played a team at the top of their form on Saturday, so far we have played two former Prem clubs, two leaders of the division at the time of playing and only two teams who are not in the top half of the table. The next 5 games include Plymouth Peterborough and Barnsley all of who we have a damn good chance of beating, plus Swansea who we will beat on Tuesday. that is a further 12 points in this next month! Optimism lad, the only way to think! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by superspy Mon 28 Sep - 17:58:29

i've got good feelings about tuesday too.

personally i believe if that shackell and copps are fit (which i think they will be) then we will have more than enough to take 3 points from this game.

i think the lineup could be with wilson still on the bench and moving chambers up to the holding defensive/midfield role, giving us webster and either hird/lockwood still on the bench.

if shack and copps arent fit....then it will be a struggle, but we know one thing is for sure, rovers will fight for it the whole game, so hopefully the crowd will get behind them...although i know the atmosphere is going to suck due to the low gate Sad

superspy
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 18:25:02

superspy wrote:i've got good feelings about tuesday too.

personally i believe if that shackell and copps are fit (which i think they will be) then we will have more than enough to take 3 points from this game.

i think the lineup could be with wilson still on the bench and moving chambers up to the holding defensive/midfield role, giving us webster and either hird/lockwood still on the bench.

if shack and copps arent fit....then it will be a struggle, but we know one thing is for sure, rovers will fight for it the whole game, so hopefully the crowd will get behind them...although i know the atmosphere is going to suck due to the low gate Sad

You have hit the nail on the head when you say we will fight for it the whole game, you could see that at Ipswich , Scunny even Spurs when we were clearly beaten, this time last season when we went a goal down you could see the players give in, everyone knew that the game was lost, not this time, we are at long last scoring goals, get Shackle back in and maybe put Webster in the mix and the defence will sort itself. Cmon Rovers can't wait for tuesday.... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Mon 28 Sep - 21:49:59

OK you lot have chastised me enough for my pessimism 2-0 Rovers , Woods and Sharp to score.

There you go Hoola, that wasn't hard was it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Mon 28 Sep - 22:48:22

Good lad Yorkie!! That's much more like it, just because we are a bit short in some areas we will never give in. 2-1 to Rovers on Tuesday.

Sulli

JOC Webster Locky Roberts

Hird

Copps Woods Spicer

Heffs Sharp ( but it will probably be Fairhurst)

That is still a pretty good team you know! Enough to beat Swansea anyway.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Tue 29 Sep - 3:26:27

East Yorks Rover wrote:Good lad Yorkie!! That's much more like it, just because we are a bit short in some areas we will never give in. 2-1 to Rovers on Tuesday.

Sulli

Hird

Copps Woods Spicer

Well to be fair, it was only after visiting Scumtorpe that he got in this depressed state, and i do have some sympathy its enough to mess with anybodys head, i must be a bit more immune a bit like yourself, after all we both did at one point live in Humberside, not something to be proud off i know best not tell Hoola... Sad
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Tue 29 Sep - 4:24:49

yorkie64red wrote:
East Yorks Rover wrote:Good lad Yorkie!! That's much more like it, just because we are a bit short in some areas we will never give in. 2-1 to Rovers on Tuesday.

Sulli

Hird

Copps Woods Spicer

Well to be fair, it was only after visiting Scumtorpe that he got in this depressed state, and i do have some sympathy its enough to mess with anybodys head, i must be a bit more immune a bit like yourself, after all we both did at one point live in Humberside, not something to be proud off i know best not tell Hoola... Sad
You can both have a good bath after revealing that news to me, no wonder I picked up the ticket. Btw that fookin meerkat is not going next time nor my 'blue away' shirt................red and winning from now on. cheers
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by East Yorks Rover Tue 29 Sep - 8:08:32

Shall I tell you the worse news Hoola? Embarassed

I was brought up in Scunny and used to even watch Scunny Uniteds during the 70's!!!!!!!!! Suspect confused

But I supported rovers then too, I couldn't get to Donny very often then, and it was visiting relatives at the time. Different times lad, different times.
East Yorks Rover
East Yorks Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyDRFC Tue 29 Sep - 8:14:28

Attendence does not look promising 7882 sold so far.Time to cut prices down when games like these Swansea at home on a tuesday nite when they know it's not an attractive fixture
MattyDRFC
MattyDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next