The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in.

+4
football-fan.
hoolahoop
NIGHTMARE
Ronnie Glavin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in. - Page 2 Empty Re: Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in.

Post by yorkie64red Sat 10 Jul - 7:32:48

hoolahoop wrote:You could outdo the class of 2009/10 down at Bumhole, they did OK last season.
We've bought in one player who we had on loan last seasonn and you're running for the hills! Very Happy

Maybe its the thought of keogh joining him Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in. - Page 2 Empty Re: Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in.

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 10 Jul - 7:33:57

Its not just that its every thing from the training gear to the management to the players where division 3 bound
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Sat 10 Jul - 7:45:30

I agree with you,i thought you were terrible in the latter stages of the season and in the donny V barnsley game at oakwell you were shocking if im honest,a local derby and none of the players looked intrested.
I personally fancy barnsley for the drop unless they fetch some proven players in.

Also another point why im at it,when i watched you under robins (4 times) you looked like a bunch of no hopers if im honest and i could not understant what tactic you were playing at all infact im not sure there was a tactic other than every player follow the ball and when you get it do what you want with it,no strategy or thats how it looked to me.

football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sat 10 Jul - 8:50:59

Just taken some anti depressants listening too your lot. The season has not even started and we are now a basement team. First of all nightmare there aint a division three. Secondly you are over re-acting as HoolaHoop pointed out. take a few chill pills my friend. we will finish IMOabove donny and Leeds. your reasoning that we are doomed is on what basis that you dont like who we have signed. Well my moneys on MR being a better judge of talent and character than i think you are. Have you fallen out with girlfriend and on a downer you so negative it's sickening to listening to you. I know you want our Great team too do well this season as we all do. But come on man give the lads a chance before judging. Lol Chill

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sat 10 Jul - 8:53:08

you'll see
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 10 Jul - 8:58:09

Ronnie Glavin wrote:Just taken some anti depressants listening too your lot. The season has not even started and we are now a basement team. First of all nightmare there aint a division three. Secondly you are over re-acting as HoolaHoop pointed out. take a few chill pills my friend. we will finish IMOabove donny and Leeds. your reasoning that we are doomed is on what basis that you dont like who we have signed. Well my moneys on MR being a better judge of talent and character than i think you are. Have you fallen out with girlfriend and on a downer you so negative it's sickening to listening to you. I know you want our Great team too do well this season as we all do. But come on man give the lads a chance before judging. Lol Chill

No you won't be finishing above us but neither do I think or want you to be relegated. We have loved beating you over the last century or so. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sat 10 Jul - 10:44:20

Again HoolaHoop its a matter of opinions .

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Sun 11 Jul - 4:01:47

Aint been on here for a while but thought id have a browse due to the season starting and tbh its making me sick reading the comments from supposed barnsley fans? I can understand the donny lads comments but our own fans pre judging MR on his signings so early is pathetic tbh. if your not behind the manager the players or the team then you might aswell go to hillsborough! ok so lets look at our signings so far....

shackell - donny wanted him as he was a good player for them last year and has some decent experience already! - excellent signing for us!
o'brien - played for the likes of celtic and motherwell fans were dissapointed to see him go! - good signing!
lovre - played in the champions league and uefa cup and played in the top division in the dutch league! - excellent signing! cant wait to see him!
dickinson - still young and from his stats in the past he knows where the net is! if he gets the service he will score! interesting signing!
mceveley - played in the premier league with derby and also capped international! has a sweet left foot! excellent signing!

im guessing we will get around 3-5 more players and if that includes a decent striker or 2 and a defensive midfielder then i for one cant wait for the upcoming season! in my honest opinion MR knows exactly what hes doing and every player he has brought in has the potential to be great!

our team as i would like it would be

steele - possibly a dodgy keeper but if the defence are as good as they should be then he should be fine.
mceveley - excellent left back for us and im sure hel score a few aswell.
shackell - excellent defender and alongside foster i can see a terry/rio partnership!
foster - lacked a little bit last year but weve all seen how good he can be and with shacks alongside they should be water tight!
hassell - every1 loves bobby and although hes not the best hes certainly barnsley through and through!
o'brien - loves to take people on down the wing and with the scottish partnership with mceveley it should be exciting down the left!
lovre - his positioning and passing is second to none in this league and im sure hes gunna be a star for us!
doyle/new signing - i think we need a good tough no nonsense defensive midfielder to fill this spot although doyle could do the job i think!
hammill - absolute quality player and like o'brien he should be looking to take people on this year! time to shine hammill lad Wink
hume - proven quality player and until morgan tried to kill him he would have been just that for us! lets see this year iain!
dickinson/new signing - not sure about this one but all we can go on is he can score goals! all be it in lower leagues but a net is a net!

now that to me is full of potential and hope and all the signings have had previous class and with a good manager and facilities etc could click into a really good unit! obviously these are all opinions of mine and not necessarily correct but i know one thing, im gunna get behind my team 100% and through the good the bad and the ugly i will always be positive! IN ROBINS WE TRUST!

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 11 Jul - 4:12:05

Iain Hume could not hit a cows arse with a banjo
Adam Hammill is a show pony and not a very good one
Bobby hassell not quick enough
Luke steele Dodgy

NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 11 Jul - 4:47:51

Barnsley Army wrote:Aint been on here for a while but thought id have a browse due to the season starting and tbh its making me sick reading the comments from supposed barnsley fans? I can understand the donny lads comments but our own fans pre judging MR on his signings so early is pathetic tbh. if your not behind the manager the players or the team then you might aswell go to hillsborough! ok so lets look at our signings so far....

shackell - donny wanted him as he was a good player for them last year and has some decent experience already! - excellent signing for us!
o'brien - played for the likes of celtic and motherwell fans were dissapointed to see him go! - good signing!
lovre - played in the champions league and uefa cup and played in the top division in the dutch league! - excellent signing! cant wait to see him!
dickinson - still young and from his stats in the past he knows where the net is! if he gets the service he will score! interesting signing!
mceveley - played in the premier league with derby and also capped international! has a sweet left foot! excellent signing!

im guessing we will get around 3-5 more players and if that includes a decent striker or 2 and a defensive midfielder then i for one cant wait for the upcoming season! in my honest opinion MR knows exactly what hes doing and every player he has brought in has the potential to be great!

our team as i would like it would be

steele - possibly a dodgy keeper but if the defence are as good as they should be then he should be fine.
mceveley - excellent left back for us and im sure hel score a few aswell.
shackell - excellent defender and alongside foster i can see a terry/rio partnership!
foster - lacked a little bit last year but weve all seen how good he can be and with shacks alongside they should be water tight!
hassell - every1 loves bobby and although hes not the best hes certainly barnsley through and through!
o'brien - loves to take people on down the wing and with the scottish partnership with mceveley it should be exciting down the left!
lovre - his positioning and passing is second to none in this league and im sure hes gunna be a star for us!
doyle/new signing - i think we need a good tough no nonsense defensive midfielder to fill this spot although doyle could do the job i think!
hammill - absolute quality player and like o'brien he should be looking to take people on this year! time to shine hammill lad Wink
hume - proven quality player and until morgan tried to kill him he would have been just that for us! lets see this year iain!
dickinson/new signing - not sure about this one but all we can go on is he can score goals! all be it in lower leagues but a net is a net!

now that to me is full of potential and hope and all the signings have had previous class and with a good manager and facilities etc could click into a really good unit! obviously these are all opinions of mine and not necessarily correct but i know one thing, im gunna get behind my team 100% and through the good the bad and the ugly i will always be positive! IN ROBINS WE TRUST!

Understand your opinions but none of our lads have slagged off either MR or your signings (unusual I know Laughing )
However footy is a game of opinions you have your's and so does NIGHTMARE AS DO WE (that doesn't make him any less of a supporter), pull your neck back in and read the threads carefully before posting such nonsense.
Personally I am a great admirer of MR as I know quite a few Rovers supporters are on here so..............get your facts straight Mad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Sun 11 Jul - 5:02:33

ok then so is football fan not a donny fan then? if he isnt then i apologise for my error, i didnt state who had commented about us or MR so for you to be on the defence is your problem not mine. anyway my post wasnt aimed at you or your team of inbreds it was in the barnsley section aimed at the supporters of my team! and as for defending your "friend" nightmare, wouldnt you be upset if rovers fans were questioning the managers every move? i hate the negativity you get on these boards and at the grounds! be happy with what we are not angry with what we arent!

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 11 Jul - 5:06:56

What pisses me off is the way most fans deffend players/managers through thick and thin then when they go say they where shite anyway , or every time we lose say we where shite and never give the other team credit even if they played like spain , i see where your coming from but i refuse to kid myself
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Sun 11 Jul - 5:12:38

For the record I AM A donny fan/supporter.
Just a quick point to make nowhere did i slate robins nowhere did i?

Barnsley Army i belive you really need to open your eyes and smell the coffee.
Your signings have not been excellent imo,shackell yes i would have took him but would not describe him as excellent just check his injury record.

errr excuse my ignorance but has how can you say that when he has never played in this leauge.

Dickinson.
Errrm another average signing.

Hume
seems shaken up and has not been the same player,can you really see him becoming so good again i cant.

football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Sun 11 Jul - 7:17:11

you say dickinson is a average signing but whats to say he aint gunna be a lord billy sharp?

both had a similar career, both similar age, dont judge before you know for sure!

didnt lord sharp score loads o goals for scunny then go to sheff u for a nice deal then couldnt score if his life depended on it?
he then went to any club that would have him and did well therefore got signed for another club again.

all im saying is all our signings have in the past been really good and some still are! please give them a chance or leave your negativity to yourself as it dont help any1! if the signings turn out to be rubbish then we can offload them and try again, not shoot them down!

as for hume, only time will tell! he says hes really fit and mentally ready for the challenge so if he can put it to the back of his mind hel be back!

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronnie Glavin Sun 11 Jul - 9:10:04

LMAO we aint kicked a ball in vain yet nightmare got us relegated 2 divisions. Nice to meet you Barnsley Army someone one with positive thinking poor old Nightmare been too long on his own with the pikeys lol

Ronnie Glavin
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by football-fan. Sun 11 Jul - 9:19:57

No nightmare is just keeping realistic and being honest.
football-fan.
football-fan.
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Sun 11 Jul - 20:08:54

For the record, I have similar thoughts to Nightmare..

I mean there was a f**kin mayors parade yesterday in Barnsley and there were people trying to promote Barnsley FC in it giving out posters and such, (I was one of the people in that parade trying to promote our club!) and the club sent NOTHING to help us what so ever, it could have been so much better, but the management at BFC fails to no end..

We don't fill our ground as much as we should.. And we wonder why!? Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in. - Page 2 Icon_mad
We miss out on every opportunity to promote our club and make them look good.....
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 11 Jul - 20:11:38

RedNinja wrote:For the record, I have similar thoughts to Nightmare..

I mean there was a f**kin mayors parade yesterday in Barnsley and there were people trying to promote Barnsley FC in it giving out posters and such, (I was one of the people in that parade trying to promote our club!) and the club sent NOTHING to help us what so ever, it could have been so much better, but the management at BFC fails to no end..

We don't fill our ground as much as we should.. And we wonder why!? Think our signings so far have been good. all we need is a real good striker coming in. - Page 2 Icon_mad
We miss out on every opportunity to promote our club and make them look good.....

Well thats one thing we do have in common... Rolling Eyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by NIGHTMARE Sun 11 Jul - 22:46:37

Next Year marks 100 years since we won the FA Cup
Will the club do.........
a plain red shirt with the fa cup on in for the season
a one off program packed with info about the cup run and match reports plus photos and player profiles
a pin badge
a mini fa cup in a glass box/replica medal
key rings

Will they fuck, they'll do fuck all, and if they do something it will be cheap tat not worth buying
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sun 11 Jul - 23:25:17

Cant wait till the day when nightmare is positive. Nightmare, were building a squad so MR has to use his budget wisely. We might have get some players in for the reserves too. Its mid july, chill out a bit.
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnsley Army Mon 12 Jul - 3:31:55

my thoughts exactly doncastertyke! MR is building a brand new team! a brand new era! im 100% behind our manager and for us to achieve we need the rest to follow! i for one believe in our team and will be at every home and away game as usual supporting the cause! YOUUUU REDSSSS!

Barnsley Army
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2