The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]watford away[/b]

+4
DonnyRTID
hoolahoop
yorkie64red
the vicar
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[b]watford away[/b] - Page 2 Empty Re: [b]watford away[/b]

Post by pkt_drfc Mon 6 Sep - 6:51:56

No problem i best remember my white hat Very Happy
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 9 Sep - 2:56:25

DRFC Watford v Doncaster Rovers Match Officials
Darren Sheldrake will take charge of this weekends Championship clash between Watford and Doncaster Rovers at Vicarage Road.

So far this season he has taken charge of just 2 games and as shown 8 yellow cards and 1 red.

Last season he took charge of 24 games, showing 54 yellow cards and 4 reds.

This is his fourth season on the National List and only his second in the Football League.

This will be just his second game in charge in the Championship having taken charge of the Peterborough v Preston Game last season and it will be the first time he`s taken charge of either Watford or Doncaster.

Referee: D. Sheldrake (Surrey)
Assistants: E. Kaye & S. L Massey
Fourth Official: C. J Berry

Read more: http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=212472#ixzz0yxD7Aw9J
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 10 Sep - 6:12:48

Right come on then lets have some predictions, Watford are a good side but so are we and we owe them one for last season when the goal was disallowed, i am going for a Rovers win 1-2..... cheers
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by the vicar Fri 10 Sep - 6:17:26

watford1 rovers2 or 1-1 lol but i fancy the first

the vicar
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 10 Sep - 6:18:17

27-0 Very Happy
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Fri 10 Sep - 6:18:41

oops 0-27 Very Happy
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Fri 10 Sep - 6:18:57

Go on then either 3-0 or 3-1 to the ROVERS
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 10 Sep - 6:21:24

Dagenham Rover wrote:oops 0-27 Very Happy

Same prediction as the Hull game if my memory serves me right... Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 11 Sep - 5:13:06

I'm going for 2-0 victory to the hoops, Sharp and Copps to score.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sat 11 Sep - 6:13:17

yorkie64red wrote:

Same prediction as the Hull game if my memory serves me right... Laughing

no Hull was 27-0 this ones 0-27 lol!
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sat 11 Sep - 7:51:09

Dagenham Rover wrote:

no Hull was 27-0 this ones 0-27 lol!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 11 Sep - 18:05:15

Wahoo up and getting ready for the trip down to London COME ON YOU REDDDDDDSSSSSSS cheers
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 11 Sep - 18:10:16

Yep , Snap all made and raring to go...now what did i do with those tickets.... Very Happy
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 11 Sep - 18:13:39

Stapled to the back of your head if you carry on Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 11 Sep - 18:15:07

pkt_drfc wrote:Stapled to the back of your head if you carry on Laughing

Its ok...i've managed to find two , just the last one can't be far.. Laughing
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 12 Sep - 19:24:02

Watford manager Malky Mackay refused to be critical of his players after yet another late goal denied them victory against Doncaster.

A second-half double from Marvin Sordell looked certain to have given the Hornets all three points after Simon Gillett had given Rovers a first-half lead in the npower Championship clash at Vicarage Road.

But George Friend struck two minutes into stoppage time to ensure Watford had to settle for a 2-2 draw.

It was the fourth time this season Mackay's side have conceded in the last 10 minutes of a match, but he insists there is no psychological problem with his side.

Mackay said: "I suppose if we have dropped deep and they had camped in our half, I would say yes today. But if I look at the individual games on merit then I would say no, it's not psychological.

"Doncaster didn't test our goalkeeper the whole of the second half and that was a lump up the pitch that ends up in a throw-in.

"The centre-back's up trying to head balls and the next minute the ball breaks to him and it's in the net. It's one of those things that can happen first minute, last minute."

On whether a draw was a fair result, Mackay added: "I'd be lying if I said it was because I thought, second half, we tactically made Doncaster resort to kicking the ball through long to our goalkeeper.

"They ended up with a centre-back up front, I think Danny Graham had a great chance to make it 3-1, one-on-one with the goalie, as did Jordon Mutch.

"I also feel we should have had two penalties in the game. There's a blatant handball as the ball's flashed across where he's handled it above his head and I think Stephen McGinn is tripped as well. I think if the referee sees that again then he'll see two penalties.

"In the second half I didn't see too many [Doncaster] chances, so I think we deserved to win the game."

Doncaster manager Sean O'Driscoll admitted his side were a tad fortunate to secure a point.

He said: "If you give comical goals away, like we did with the second one, maybe we didn't deserve anything but we plugged away.

"We always looked like we might score a goal, I didn't think it would come that late, but it's not the greatest game I've been witness to.

"That's what's good and what's poor about English football because the 22 players' attitude was first class, but the game was zilch quality."

from Vital site
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sun 12 Sep - 19:30:30

I don't know what it is with ROVERS we seem to play BRILLIANT first half and 2nd half play S**T enjoyed the game yesterday well most of it anyway the middle back 2 need sorting or we will get battered by Norwich and L**DS
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 13 Sep - 8:02:58

pkt_drfc wrote:I don't know what it is with ROVERS we seem to play BRILLIANT first half and 2nd half play S**T enjoyed the game yesterday well most of it anyway the middle back 2 need sorting or we will get battered by Norwich and L**DS

This week could be very embarrassing unless we get our act together quickly. The 2 teams we have beaten this season were very poor, the 2 this coming week aren't. affraid affraid affraid
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Mon 13 Sep - 8:17:28

If we're being honest about Preston yes they were poor in the first half but should have at least equalised 2nd half - our defence held then and Sullivan was magnificent.

Hull were poor, I'd agree with that

I think the problem with playing Leeds is that they're going to be another physical, direct team. Whilst reading the Watford boards I got the impression that Leeds weren't necessarily any better than them but they were bigger and stronger

But we've done OK against the Blades so that should stand us in good stead lol! PLus they leak goals too so their defence isnt unbreakble, the problem is containing their forwards

VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Mon 13 Sep - 8:32:46

VixDRFC wrote:If we're being honest about Preston yes they were poor in the first half but should have at least equalised 2nd half - our defence held then and Sullivan was magnificent.

Hull were poor, I'd agree with that

I think the problem with playing Leeds is that they're going to be another physical, direct team. Whilst reading the Watford boards I got the impression that Leeds weren't necessarily any better than them but they were bigger and stronger

But we've done OK against the Blades so that should stand us in good stead lol! PLus they leak goals too so their defence isnt unbreakble, the problem is containing their forwards

Portable brick wall might help defensively, can we arrange it in time. seriously SO'D usually sorts out these problems along with RO'K and you're probably right we will cope against the 2 promotees this week ......one way or another. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2