The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Garry O'Connor Play at Millwall on Saturday ?

2 posters

Go down

Can Garry O'Connor Play at Millwall on Saturday ?  Empty Can Garry O'Connor Play at Millwall on Saturday ?

Post by NIGHTMARE Wed 15 Dec - 6:12:43

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2242697,00.html

GOOD LUCK GAZ

Blues manager Alex McLeish has wished Garry O'Connor all the best for the next chapter in his career after confirming the Scottish striker has left the club.

The 27-year-old's contract expired on Saturday and Championship side Barnsley, where O'Connor had been on loan for the last couple of months, have confirmed he has signed a deal with them until the end of the season.

McLeish said that, mainly due to injury, Blues fans had never quite seen the best of O'Connor but that the man signed from Lokomotiv Moscow in July 2007 had always given his all for the cause.

McLeish told bcfc.com: "We wish O'Connor well and it's great for him that he has signed a deal with Barnsley.

"He's a good player and it's unfortunate that the Blues supporters never got chance to see the very best of him during his time here, although they definitely saw flashes of it with some of the performances he put in and important goals he scored, particularly in the promotion season.

"The double hip injury he sustained was a real blow for him and came just as it looked like his Birmingham City career was on an upward curve and, as everyone knows, he had to have two operations to solve the problems.

"But he's a great character and a fighter and he came back from that and I'm sure everyone at Blues will join me in wishing him all the very best for the future.

"We just felt, and I'm sure he did too, that it was time to go in a different direction. That happens in football and as I say I wish him well."

In his three years at St. Andrew's O'Connor racked up 70 appearances for Blues, scoring 14 goals.

The way i read that is that his contract ended on Saturday then we signed him, so if that is the case he was a free agent so why would he have to wait until January to play for us
NIGHTMARE
NIGHTMARE

Back to top Go down

Can Garry O'Connor Play at Millwall on Saturday ?  Empty Re: Can Garry O'Connor Play at Millwall on Saturday ?

Post by bigdave8322 Wed 15 Dec - 8:45:04

I think theres rules against like the loan window

bigdave8322
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down