The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adams interview..

Go down

Adams interview.. Empty Adams interview..

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 May - 20:55:12

The 2-2 draw with South Yorkshire rivals Barnsley at Bramall Lane was the final nail in the coffin and means that the Blades can no longer overhaul Doncaster or Crystal Palace with one game of the season remaining.

It had looked as if the great escape might be on as they led for much of the second half after goals from Matt Lowton and Lee Williamson cancelled out Danny Haynes' early opener.

But Haynes struck again late on to earn a point for the Tykes and condemn the Blades to the third tier of English football for the first time since 1989.

Adams admits his future is likely to come under scrutiny but is determined to bring his side back to the Championship.

"I'm not Mystic Meg, I don't know," when asked whether he would remain in charge at Bramall Lane.

"I think there'll be a meeting of minds and I am sure that everything from top to bottom will be discussed.

"Today is a low point, devastating, but I want to be the manager that brings the club back this time next season to Championship.

"The implications of relegation will be felt and there will be a certain amount of cutting your cloth accordingly so it will be an interesting summer."

Adams cut straight to the chase as to why his men have been relegated.

"They are a genuinely hardworking honest group but we have not been good enough," he added.

"We have to share a collective responsibility for the woes of the season, I'll take my responsibilities, the players have got to take theirs too."

Barnsley boss Mark Robins felt his side were worthy of a point, but has demanded an improvement in their away form next season after ending their 2010/11 campaign on the road with just three wins.

"We have managed to win just three away games this season and that is not good enough," he said.

"That has to improve next season. We don't do the ugly side enough and in this division it is going to cost you."

Despite that poor record, the Tykes have remained unbeaten in their games involving South Yorkshire rivals United and Doncaster and will the finish the highest-placed side out of the three.

"We're unbeaten this season in derby games and I'd have taken that before the season started and that is a massive positive," he added.

"It is a big consolation of finishing 18th or wherever we're going to finish. it was not what we wanted at the start of the season, though."

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down