The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumours

+9
MR NEGATIVE
MattyDRFC
Upwind
Son of Thor
hoolahoop
VixDRFC
pkt_drfc
yorkie64red
Dagenham Rover
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Rumours - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours

Post by VixDRFC Sat 4 Jun - 8:07:07

pkt_drfc wrote:

Yep and i would not wan't to get on the wrong side of you Laughing

Hahahaha don't worry Pete, you'd never get on wrong side of me
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 4 Jun - 8:08:05

yorkie64red wrote:

Tell me about it.... Laughing

Well you're a different matter, there was nothing in those vows about 'Thou shalt not upset your wife in any way'
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 4 Jun - 8:11:24

VixDRFC wrote:

Hahahaha don't worry Pete, you'd never get on wrong side of me

Thank You Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 4 Jun - 8:19:55

pkt_drfc wrote:

Thank You Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Now that Yorkie and Hoola ..... Wink lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 4 Jun - 8:22:42

I know what you mean but Bri should be like putty in your hands this weekend after his gift
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sat 4 Jun - 8:28:36

pkt_drfc wrote:I know what you mean but Bri should be like putty in your hands this weekend after his gift

Ooh should I try for an expensive night out? Wink
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 4 Jun - 8:29:25

Go for it he should agree Laughing
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 5 Jun - 0:00:12

Dagenham Rover wrote:Nope I told you originally I didn't mind it going between you, Pkt Vix and Hoola.
Mind you Hoola was going for the jugular on the vsc the other night Smile

I'm not bringing that argument onto here, however I can't ever get on that site these days, I wonder why............have I upset the Gentlemens club by disagreeing with them perhaps ?
Apparently I started this forum up according to one of them. Set a forum up ?..........I struggle to do a link!! lol! lol! lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Sun 5 Jun - 3:48:20

Its not just you that can't get on it.

They've been having some problems again and Bobjimwilly did say there would be some scheduled downtime but I can't remember when it was mean't to be
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 5 Jun - 7:44:41

Iron to face competition for Ajose
Scunthorpe United are not alone in attempting to get the signature of highly rated Manchester United attacker 'Nicky Ajose'. The iron will face tough competition from a number of Championship clubs including Doncaster, Millwall and Barnsley who have all been rumoured to be interested.

However, many believe that the firm favourite to sign the youngster is newly-promoted Peterborough United, as their manager Darren Ferguson (son of Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson) has made a number of loan signings in the past from his fathers club while managing either Preston-North-End or the Posh.

Iron Boss Alan Knill worked with Ajose while managing Bury FC and the young talented attacker soon became a favourite with the Shakers fans, scoring a number of vital goals in helping them secure promotion to the Npower League 1. It is also believed that the Shakers have put themselves into the running in trying to lure back Nicky Ajose to Bury for another season. But Manchester United have stated that they are not going to rush into any decisions.

Meanwhile, Knill has revealed his desire to bring in at least one player before he goes away on a family holiday next week. He stated that he has had some 'ups and downs` regarding transfers this summer. But with still another couple of months to go until the season starts, he is aiming to bring in 5 or 6 new players into the club including a left back and a couple of strikers.

Read more: http://www.scunthorpe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=243617#ixzz1OLHDKcgt
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 15 Jun - 3:03:18

Doncaster Rovers are one of a number of clubs who are hoping to land highly rated Manchester United starlet Nicky Ajose, who has just finished an impressive loan spell at Bury, scoring 13 goals as they won promotion to League One. A host of clubs are now hoping to sign him for next season, with his former boss at Bury, Alan Knill, hoping to take him to Glanford Park. Other clubs understood to have expressed an interest in signing Nicky are Millwall and newly promoted Peterborough United.
Ajose's agent, Peter Morrison confirmed that interest in the player was growing, but declined to confirm the identity of any clubs.
He told Sky Sports: "We've had a lot of interest. There will certainly not be a shortage of opportunities for Nicky - which is not surprising given the season he has just had. Both Nicky and Manchester United are aware of everything that is going on. All parties will be sitting down in the next few weeks to decide what is best for Nicky and a decision will be made."

from doncaster rovers.co,uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Wed 15 Jun - 3:44:48

yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Wed 15 Jun - 3:49:21

Did not know we was actually going for Hayes
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Thor Wed 15 Jun - 6:54:02

Not so much of a hayes more a smoke screen Smile

Son of Thor
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagenham Rover Wed 15 Jun - 7:58:12

Son of Thor wrote:Not so much of a hayes more a smoke screen Smile
Smoke screen? how about cremation ! can't even say I've come across that site before oh well all good fun anyway welcome "Son of Thor" stay around but watch the thunderbolts Smile
Dagenham Rover
Dagenham Rover
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Wed 15 Jun - 9:02:50

Son of Thor wrote:Not so much of a hayes more a smoke screen Smile

lol! lol! lol! Welcome S of T...........now that play on words did make me chuckle.
As Daggers said earlier, please stick around. Wink
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Thor Thu 16 Jun - 5:57:43

Thanks all. Will try and keep it light hearted during this campaign Laughing

Son of Thor
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Thu 16 Jun - 6:01:52

Son of Thor wrote:Thanks all. Will try and keep it light hearted during this campaign Laughing

Don't worry about upsetting the dingles though....there used to it by now... Smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Thu 16 Jun - 7:00:31

yorkie64red wrote:

Don't worry about upsetting the dingles though....there used to it by now... Smile

Wait until next season when the free spending Tykes run away with the title ...........NOT Laughing Laughing Laughing Thar nose worra me-an.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Fri 17 Jun - 1:30:52

Hot on the heels of stories that Leeds United were interested in signing Rovers defender George Friend comes reports that Burnley and Crystal Palace are monitoring the situation. The news marks a remarkable turnaround for Friend, who was released by Wolverhampton Wanderers last season, and only started to gain rave reviews after moving to play at centre back owing ot the Rovers' injury crisis.
He began his career at Exeter City, also having loan spells at Tiverton Town and Team Bath, but his big break came when Wolves signed him for £350,000 in September 2008. Just seven appearances came his way in his two year stay in the Midlands before Rovers snapped him up when released at the end this contract. During his time at Wolves, he had loans at Millwall, Southand, Scunthorpe and Exeter City.
He still has twelve months left on his Rovers contract and, although we can understand why Leeds, Burnley and Palace are interested in acquiring his services, we doubt that Rovers will entertain any ideas of him leaving the club this summer.

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Jun - 0:46:48

It looks as though Bury midfielder Kyle Bennett is set to be Doncaster Rovers' first signing of the summer, according to a report in the Shropshire Star. They report that Kyle, aged 20, has agreed to join the Rovers, although due to his age, a transfer fee has to be agreed between the two clubs. Bennett is described as an attacking midfielder who can also play up front, "known for his blistering pace and close ball control, as well as having the ability to fire the ball at goal with venom". He is a product of the Wolverhampton Wanderers Academy, and signed professional terms with Wolves in the summer of 2008 before being surprisingly released a year ago.

from doncaster rovers.co.uk
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 18 Jun - 1:23:09

And according to his mother on Facebook he has already signed
pkt_drfc
pkt_drfc
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sat 18 Jun - 1:26:41

pkt_drfc wrote:And according to his mother on Facebook he has already signed

Got a link Pete....apparently Radio dee daa reported last night that Spurr had put pen to paper as well...maybe the club are waiting to get all the signings sorted out and then have a steady stream of announcments ..remeber when the club announced a signing everyday for a week..
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Upwind Sat 18 Jun - 1:27:43

pkt_drfc wrote:And according to his mother on Facebook he has already signed

Friend or Bennett........................ cyclops

Upwind
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by pkt_drfc Sat 18 Jun - 1:31:27