The Yorkshire Football Forums
Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and welcome to THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.

This forum was set up on the 5th of September 2009 in order to give Yorkshire football fans a place to come and interact with fellow fans of all 10 league clubs in our county.

We operate a controlled environment, with each team having their own forum and moderator, to ensure everyone has equal rights. The main reason this forum was set up, was to allow its members the freedom to express themselves without the restraints some other 'multi-club' forums adopt.

However, abuse of other members will not be tolerated. Please keep discussions civil. If you are not prepared to behave appropiately, please don't register. Friendly banter between rival clubs is encouraged, personal abuse towards other members will result in a permanent ban.

Some sections of this forum are restricted to members, so to enjoy the full benefits of the site please register. Registered users also enjoy this website without the advertisements at the top of the page.

THANK YOU for visiting THE PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE and we hope to see you posting here in the future.

Phil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the best away day in years today

+5
Dale BFC
hoolahoop
DoncasterTyke
yorkie64red
THEREV1887
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the best away day in years today Empty the best away day in years today

Post by THEREV1887 Sun 1 Nov - 8:04:20

posh today brill day 3 hours of drinking,the support today was amazing.standing made alot of difference you stand, you go where you want and don't have to listen to tits slagging team, all singers together makes for great atmosphere.All in all best away day for in the last 20 years. I say Bring back standing at games then this would be norm,It was a fantastic day and I'm still buzzing.

THEREV1887
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

the best away day in years today Empty Re: the best away day in years today

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 8:08:35

THEREV1887 wrote:posh today brill day 3 hours of drinking,the support today was amazing.standing made alot of difference you stand, you go where you want and don't have to listen to tits slagging team, all singers together makes for great atmosphere.All in all best away day for in the last 20 years. I say Bring back standing at games then this would be norm,It was a fantastic day and I'm still buzzing.

Am looking forward to going there when we play them next year, like you say at least you can choose who you stand next to and can always move if they start to piss you off, pity ours is a tuesday night game as that will cut down on the time we can spend drinking.. the best away day in years today Icon_cry
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sun 1 Nov - 8:19:16

Great minds work alike Rev Wink

It was brilliant! Proper football ground! Infact, keep the west stand up, demolish the East stand, turn the ponty into into terracing and the away end. It will be miles more enjoyable!

Donny move back to Belle Vue!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by THEREV1887 Sun 1 Nov - 8:26:53

DoncasterTyke wrote:Great minds work alike Rev Wink

It was brilliant! Proper football ground! Infact, keep the west stand up, demolish the East stand, turn the ponty into into terracing and the away end. It will be miles more enjoyable!

like it.What a chant that was;Your dads a c**t and so are you,Your dads a c**t and so are you,Your dads a c**t and so are you,Your dads a c**t and so are you,We all hate Leeds scum,We all hate Leeds scum,We all hate Leeds scum,We all hate Leeds scum.

THEREV1887
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 8:27:23

DoncasterTyke wrote:Great minds work alike Rev the best away day in years today Icon_wink

Would be a bit difficult.. the best away day in years today Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sun 1 Nov - 8:28:44

Brilliant. NEW CHANTS!!!

My god, what terracing does to Barnsley!
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by DoncasterTyke Sun 1 Nov - 8:29:31

yorkie64red wrote:

Would be a bit difficult.. the best away day in years today Icon_rolleyes

Yea :\

You've got to admitt though, the keepmoat is a bit shit isn't it?
DoncasterTyke
DoncasterTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by THEREV1887 Sun 1 Nov - 8:33:58

I couldn't stop laughing, It was like they tried to copy St Mary's Stadium and ran out of money. Also the place was as Quiet as a morgue.shit ground no fans,shit ground no fans.

THEREV1887
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 8:35:00

DoncasterTyke wrote:

Yea :\

You've got to admitt though, the keepmoat is a bit shit isn't it?

Disagree, Belle Vue was a dump it was our dump but a dump all the same, we had to move and the Keepmoat is a great ground, i personally love it, i agree that new grounds in general lack character but they are what the fans make them, its getting better with the Branding having gone up this year and they are supposed to be putting pictures etc up in the concourses, it is rumoured that the Club are in talks about buying it from the council, if that happens then it really will feel like home. the best away day in years today Icon_smile
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 8:59:24

THEREV1887 wrote:I couldn't stop laughing, It was like they tried to copy St Mary's Stadium and ran out of money. Also the place was as Quiet as a morgue.shit ground no fans,shit ground no fans.

Don't talk shite lad, waiting to outsing your girls as all 'away' fans do. The Rovers en masse 'away' are a match for anybody fella, however I agree with your view on Terraces. Your's is.............shit fans no ground, shit fans no ground. How can you write what you've just written after all the lads round our way thought you were playing away against Manure!!
Btw your c**t chant is bloody pathetic, hope all your young and old supporters at the game loved it.........Jeez!! Sad
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sun 1 Nov - 9:04:19

hoolahoop wrote:

Don't talk shite lad, waiting to outsing your girls as all 'away' fans do. The Rovers en masse 'away' are a match for anybody fella, however I agree with your view on Terraces. Your's is.............shit fans no ground, shit fans no ground. How can you write what you've just written after all the lads round our way thought you were playing away against Manure!!
Btw your c**t chant is bloody pathetic, hope all your young and old supporters at the game loved it.........Jeez!! Sad

Agree. Decent following of away fans always outsing home support. But the 'your dads a cnut and so are you, we all hate leeds scum' chant was foooking brilliant mate!!

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 9:25:51

Dale BFC wrote:

Agree. Decent following of away fans always outsing home support. But the 'your dads a cnut and so are you, we all hate leeds scum' chant was foooking brilliant mate!!

R+R

Who were you singing it to Dale was it the ref. or indiv. players ? Love the last bit of the chant though re, Scum Binkickers. Laughing
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sun 1 Nov - 9:27:48

hoolahoop wrote:

Who were you singing it to Dale was it the ref. or indiv. players ? Love the last bit of the chant though re, Scum Binkickers. Laughing

Come on Hoola, i know your from Donny but your a smart chap....Who else could it be? 'Your dads a cnut and so are you?..........YOUNG FERGI Laughing

Was funny how everyone reffered to the 4 minutes added time as 'Fergi time' haha....well maybe that was just me

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 9:34:25

Dale BFC wrote:

Come on Hoola, i know your from Donny but your a smart chap....Who else could it be? 'Your dads a cnut and so are you?..........YOUNG FERGI Laughing

Was funny how everyone reffered to the 4 minutes added time as 'Fergi time' haha....well maybe that was just me

R+R

Come on fella I was only trying to have a pillock with you ? Wink ......I'm not that naive , revenge for you was sweet eh ?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sun 1 Nov - 9:37:48

Haha, iii oreight Hoola. I've told you before....you can't pillock a pillock Wink. It was mate.....The Fergusons 1 - 1 Robbins Laughing

Was a BIG 3 points and also shows (along with other results) we ARE a decent side with a manager who has a clue. Was nice to see sencible managing......they were coming down our left side time after time (didnt have a left winger on) so took a CM off and put a pacy left winger on to help out Dicko (LB) Simple things we wern't used to under davey

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 9:50:21

Dale BFC wrote:Haha, iii oreight Hoola. I've told you before....you can't pillock a pillock Wink. It was mate.....The Fergusons 1 - 1 Robbins Laughing

Was a BIG 3 points and also shows (along with other results) we ARE a decent side with a manager who has a clue. Was nice to see sencible managing......they were coming down our left side time after time (didnt have a left winger on) so took a CM off and put a pacy left winger on to help out Dicko (LB) Simple things we wern't used to under davey

R+R

Dale, Hate to admit it but I was the first to say Robins would be your right man for the job. Credit where credit is due , your Chairman recognised the problem, targeted his man , got him......and let him get on with the job.
Can you get the old one back so that I can take the piss again ? lol!
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkie64red Sun 1 Nov - 9:53:23

hoolahoop wrote:

Dale, Hate to admit it but I was the first to say Robins would be your right man for the job. Credit where credit is due , your Chairman recognised the problem, targeted his man , got him......and let him get on with the job.
Can you get the old one back so that I can take the piss again ? the best away day in years today Lol

There might be a vacancy coming up at BDTBL, once Blackwell gets the push maybe Davy would do a good job for them.. the best away day in years today Icon_rolleyes
yorkie64red
yorkie64red

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sun 1 Nov - 9:57:48

Our chairman is a legend, bailed us out when we were in trouble and is Barnsley through and through (like oyur chairman but ours isn't as plastic Wink)

Now you've mentioned it Yorkie...Davey would do a fantastic job at Bumhole Lane

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by VixDRFC Sun 1 Nov - 9:59:30

DoncasterTyke wrote:
Well according to Radio Sheff tonight we HAD moved back to Belle Vue lol!
VixDRFC
VixDRFC
Rovers Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 10:09:37

Dale BFC wrote:Our chairman is a legend, bailed us out when we were in trouble and is Barnsley through and through (like oyur chairman but ours isn't as plastic Wink)

Now you've mentioned it Yorkie...Davey would do a fantastic job at Bumhole Lane

R+R

He'll get there , I'll see if JR can arrange some plastic surgery for your fella . Btw our fella has held a season Ticket for over 40 years, has poured millions into the club, saved us from extinction, negotiated and fought for a new ground for us and is................PLASTIC????????
Are you for real?
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale BFC Sun 1 Nov - 10:12:27

hoolahoop wrote:

He'll get there , I'll see if JR can arrange some plastic surgery for your fella . Btw our fella has held a season Ticket for over 40 years, has poured millions into the club, saved us from extinction, negotiated and fought for a new ground for us and is................PLASTIC????????
Are you for real?

You took that the wrong way chap...Plastic as in....his face

R+R
Dale BFC
Dale BFC
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoop Sun 1 Nov - 10:14:40

Dale BFC wrote:

You took that the wrong way chap...Plastic as in....his face

R+R

What about his pearly whites ? Best in the business Prem. quality.
hoolahoop
hoolahoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Up the Reds Sun 1 Nov - 21:06:32

THEREV1887 wrote:posh today brill day 3 hours of drinking,the support today was amazing.standing made alot of difference you stand, you go where you want and don't have to listen to tits slagging team, all singers together makes for great atmosphere.All in all best away day for in the last 20 years. I say Bring back standing at games then this would be norm,It was a fantastic day and I'm still buzzing.

Agreed, great day out, great football and a great win!!
Agree that all stadiums should have a terrace to keep the football atmosphere alive!

Loved the song:

'Your dads a cnut and so are you'
'We all hate Leeds scum'
'We all hate Leeds scum'
'We all hate Leeds scum'

lol!
Up the Reds
Up the Reds
Pride Of Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

Post by FevTyke Sun 1 Nov - 23:14:48

Easily the best away day I've ever been to. I hope we're both in the Championship again next season, 'cos I'm already looking forward to dong it again Very Happy

And the Fergi chant was amazing, it didn't stop all through the first half. Fantastic Laughing
FevTyke
FevTyke
Barnsley Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedNinja Mon 2 Nov - 2:31:28

Absolutely gutted I wasn't able to go to Peterborough. Sad

Hopefully they'll still be in the Championship next year. Very Happy

"Your dads a cnut, and so are you" lol!
RedNinja
RedNinja
Barnsley Fan